EU referendum/Brexit discussion - Part 2

john999boy

6 hours ago, Offski said:

Performance or lack of performance bonus and what ever rate it gets taxed at. 

The same as your salary for normal people. My performance bonuses and other employment bonuses are (40%)

Guessing you never got bonuses George. 

Anyway, back to brexit.... 

Edited by gadgetman

BREXIT is the discussion, the UK is not skint, only the poor are being kept poor.

The UK can benefit out of the EU but not if you listen to many remainers.

The Conservative and Unionists are carrying on as George Osborne, David Cameron were planning, and Ian Duncan Smith MP designed 

the system to penalise those that are hard working poor or not working poor and even slightly better off.

For many that live and spend what they can afford from their income there is no great rise in the cost of living for the essentials, 

as there is still places to buy things at a fair price. Many have had no increase in income in recent years or interest on savings but can still afford what they need or want.

The Bonuses of Bankers, Traders etc was and is not always at 40%.

If it was honestly earned and taxed then there is no issues.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bankers'_bonuses 

No i never had bonuses, had plenty overtime, earnings, paid taxes though, work done money earned, taxes paid.

The point is or was not on Bonuses on actual productivity and service provided, it was on the 'Wages' supposedly, and people earning less by average, and i was saying 'Bonuses' of the type some earn do not come into these 'Wages' as they are not Wages, they are Incomes though.  

Not always treated as so in these statistics, graphs and Government Agency statistics.

Some Bonuses as were being paid was not much different from being on the Grip.

The banking crisis happened, the Labour and Conservative Governments allowed the mis-selling, people walked off with the Commissions and Bonuses and as it turns out Frauds were committed, but nobody loses anything, maybe one person is stripped of a Honour / Title 

and the UK Economy and Savers / Bank / Insurance customers pay out for decades as the banks are paying back to some.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Goodwin 

Banks warned to drop bonuses that encourage mis-selling - Telegraph.mhtml

Edited by Offski

3,200 nurses down. Don't get ill

Brexit blamed as record number of EU nurses give up on Britain

Record numbers of nurses and midwives from EU27 countries quit Britain last year, fuelling fears that a Brexit brain drain will deepen the NHS’s already chronic staffing crisis.

A total of 3,962 such staff from the European Economic Area (EEA) left the Nursing and Midwifery Council register between 2017 and 2018. The register tracks who is eligible to work in those areas of healthcare in the UK.

The number of departures was 28% more than the 3,081 who left in 2016-17 and three times higher than the 1,311 who did so in 2013-14, the first year the NMC began keeping data on such departures.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2018/apr/25/brexit-blamed-record-number-eu-nurses-give-up-britain

^^^ Sadly that is what many that wanted BREXIT and voted for it wanted.

They must have thought there are plenty trained and qualified Midwives , Nurses,  Teachers etc that have been through College and University in the UK and are unemployed or can not get work in the career / profession they trained and qualified in.

Oddly there are many many qualified midwives, Nurses and others that can not get jobs in the NHS in the 4 countries of the UK and yet there are lots of vacancies 

and also lots of NHS / Public money spent on Agencies providing Agency Nurses, some of who already have employment with the NHS and do additional work.

Same in Education, trained and qualified teachers can not get jobs while teachers that retired work as 'stand in teachers'.

The House of Lords Constitution Committee has published its long-awaited report on the EU Withdrawal Bill which it described as ‘constitutionally unacceptable’.  The Bill is fundamentally flawed and needs to be rewritten in several ways.

The committee said that the bill as it currently stands risked “undermining legal certainty” and should be substantially changed.

Richard Gordon QC gave oral evidence to the committee alongside Lord Neuberger of Abbotsbury. The report can be accessed here.

i think its constitutionally unacceptable that a FEW TOFFS can go against the will of the majority of the country in a democratic vote.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sad555 said:

i think its constitutionally unacceptable that a FEW TOFFS can go against the will of the majority of the country in a democratic vote.

Unelected toffs at that. Does that make it un democratic? 

The report was from January 29th, 

20 minutes ago, Sad555 said:

Unelected toffs at that. Does that make it un democratic? 

The report was from January 29th, 

House of Lords is PART of YOUR OWN parliamentary system. Have a referendum to get rid of them by all means, but don't crow that they can't make obvious legal reports into the flaws of the ‘constitutionally unacceptable’ bill

Serve some time employed as a Politician, or a Civil Servant, Special Adviser, Man / Woman of the People, Industrialist, Union Leader, maybe be good at it, maybe caught at it and disgraced or leave 'to spend more time with your family',   then get into the House of Lords and spend less time with your family, get some more Directorships and do those that helped get you where you are some favours, see them right.

(Spend less time with their family, more time in London, easier to keep track of, useful when you need to have votes go the Government way on the days with anything going on in The House of Lords. 'House of Cards', 

'You might well possibly think that, but i couldn't possibly comment!'.  Well unless you send a car, pick me up and pay £750 per appearance.

Or serve some time as a Politician and do not go to the house of Lords because you would have to fill in the Register of Members Interests, 

not that if you did go and not full disclose you would get in that much trouble.

Keep some well away from being in the Un-elected House,  

but some do have a sense of humour, but also a brass neck and are totally shameless. Totally right for being a £300 a day snouter but it would get in the way of other better paid work.

Edited by Offski
  • Like 1

Back on topic, a man that knows what is what on having more time given to his opinions then he deserves and gets 'money for nothing daily'.

15 hours ago, Sad555 said:

Wonder if they think a food bank is where they get their subsidised smoked salmon and champers..?bless

89970B9E-B852-44AC-B715-2FCDE81014AF.png

I once heard the excuse that they weren't sleeping; they were cocking their heads to listen to the speakers, which are, apparently built into the benches. :) 

On 4/24/2018 at 15:48, Offski said:

^^^ That would be different being overtime, time worked at whatever rate and taxed, compared to a Performance or lack of performance bonus and what ever rate it gets taxed at.  Hopefully all now transparent and less of a free for all.   Pity there is not retrieving the bonuses or assets  'earned or received' by those that mis-sold products.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bankers'_bonuses 

http://bbc.co.uk/news/business-38764923 

All in this together!

http://bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-37827204 

hmm no, my employer doesn't pay overtime but if you put in extra hours over and above the minimum then you can earn a bonus depending on the amount of extra time you do (so long as it is charged out to a client, ie you can't earn a bonus for doing research into something). 

Bonus is down again this year due to the decline in work we're doing in other EU states, second year in a row this has happened. 

Thank goodness for the HOL - they clearly saw something in what the Gov were trying to do that the HOC didn't see. Namely the government trying to give itself more powers than it had EVER had. Its one thing to want powers back to parliament, but a very different one trying it on and getting all the power in the hands of the cabinet alone - no discussion with the house at all!!

The vote on Wednesday, which was one of the biggest majorities against the government so far, overturned an attempt to give ministers the power to decide to make changes to EU laws on the basis of what they “considered appropriate” rather than what was necessary.

Critics, led by the crossbencher Lord Lisvane, argued that it was too low a bar to set for what may be very significant decisions. He dismissed a compromise offered by the government to include the phrase “good reason”.

“The test for political decision-making is not simply whether there are good reasons. There may be good reasons for doing something and better reasons for not doing it,” Lisvane said.

He said the EU withdrawal bill would be a precedent for other legislation resulting from Brexit.

“Whichever side of the Brexit debate they stand, people might reasonably believe that taking back control would be under the sovereignty of parliament rather than ceding swaths of power to the executive.”

Among other powers sought by the government but expected to be rejected by the Lords was the power to set up new agencies without an act of parliament, and the power to create new criminal offences.

If the Tories were to get a free hand on whatever laws they wanted to change without any oversight or discussion and transparency, we would be in a hell of a mess.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, domhnall said:

hmm no, my employer doesn't pay overtime but if you put in extra hours over and above the minimum then you can earn a bonus depending on the amount of extra time you do (so long as it is charged out to a client, ie you can't earn a bonus for doing research into something). 

Bonus is down again this year due to the decline in work we're doing in other EU states, second year in a row this has happened. 

Not being a white collar worker I would often earn more in overtime pay than basic pay,don’t fancy putting a lot of my time in for an unknown at the whim of the employer but you have to do what you gotta do.

On 1/24/2017 at 17:38, domhnall said:

What happens if they get another vote and the result is no again. Will she agree to remove independence for 100 years?

I'm sick of this being asked again and again.

Why don't they all just leave well enough alone? Mistake or not, you guys made your choice. Besides, there is nothing in the charter that says you cannot rejoin later on if you think it doesn't work out for you.

You know what grinds me gears though? Hearing so many folks **** and moan about the evil EU. WTF do people expect?

Everyone. UK, Germany, France ... EVERYONE sent literally their ****tiest politicians to the EU just to get rid of the problem children since no one in Europe really took it serious. So these jackass guys and gals start pumping out ridiculous regulations after ridiculous regulations. Filling the ranks with their corrupt buddies and giving out sweetheart deals to their families companies. Still.. we send our worst there.

Then, suddenly, everyone is like hey... WTF is going on in Brussels? These guys are nuts. Problem of our own making.

I personally do not like the idea of the EU. Giving up your sovereignty to a bunch of corrupted un-elected ass-hats. An economic union with a common framework and level field makes sense. United states of Europe? This doesn't make sense in my opinion. The people from country to country are just too different. No common language does not help either.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pablomax said:

Why don't they all just leave well enough alone? Mistake or not, you guys made your choice. Besides, there is nothing in the charter that says you cannot rejoin later on if you think it doesn't work out for you.

You know what grinds me gears though? Hearing so many folks **** and moan about the evil EU. WTF do people expect?

Everyone. UK, Germany, France ... EVERYONE sent literally their ****tiest politicians to the EU just to get rid of the problem children since no one in Europe really took it serious. So these jackass guys and gals start pumping out ridiculous regulations after ridiculous regulations. Filling the ranks with their corrupt buddies and giving out sweetheart deals to their families companies. Still.. we send our worst there.

Then, suddenly, everyone is like hey... WTF is going on in Brussels? These guys are nuts. Problem of our own making.

I personally do not like the idea of the EU. Giving up your sovereignty to a bunch of corrupted un-elected ass-hats. An economic union with a common framework and level field makes sense. United states of Europe? This doesn't make sense in my opinion. The people from country to country are just too different. No common language does not help either.

May I ask where in Germany you're from :) 

2 hours ago, Sad555 said:

Not being a white collar worker I would often earn more in overtime pay than basic pay,don’t fancy putting a lot of my time in for an unknown at the whim of the employer but you have to do what you gotta do.

George's issue is with people earning more for seemingly doing FA and not grafting hard in some sweat shop for minimum wage - because he worked hard (manual work). 

One the world is a different place now, two if you work hard you earn more money, and three do well in education and you will almost certainly earn a decent wage for appearing to do FA. 

George, I know you hate MPs but I bet you wouldn't last a week shadowing one. They do some crazy hours. Perhaps offer this to your MP and let us know how you get on after a week? Remember you're not allowed any expenses or you'll be a snouter too. 

Anyway back to brexit.... 

Edited by gadgetman
  • Like 1