Skoda Superb III 4x4 280 - A sleeper’s journey – 280ps to 560ps

superbtte

Goes to show that after all the initial spinning (most of the first 2 gears) it really went even on the damp track! 

100-200 km/h recorded time was only 7.15 seconds, happy with that!

Should be looking at an 11.1 to 11.2 quarter mile from my calculations when Spring comes and I can get traction at the strip.

Edited by superbtte

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/12/2017 at 10:35, superbtte said:

Methanol/water injection? Who? Me?

Nothing to see here.jpg

On 3/11/2017 at 21:09, superbtte said:

Spare tyre replaced with something a bit more interesting :) 

2017-03-11 16.58.55-1.jpg

Where did you hide the NOx cylinders?????????

DC

46 minutes ago, superbtte said:

In my garage :)

B1063754830.jpg

How many of them can you fit in the boot????

Q?, I might have asked this already, do you have the actual power / torque figures before you started modifying your car?

Thanks for sharing the progress, it must be one of the best "sleepers" in the UK!

DC

32 minutes ago, old newbie2 said:

How many of them can you fit in the boot????

Q?, I might have asked this already, do you have the actual power / torque figures before you started modifying your car?

Thanks for sharing the progress, it must be one of the best "sleepers" in the UK!

DC

My first dyno run was with only with a tuning box (311hp). That's 35hp over the factory power which seems quite probable.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, superbtte said:

My first dyno run was with only with a tuning box (311hp). That's 35hp over the factory power which seems quite probable.

Thanks.  We have had "before & after" dyno runs on any of the cars that have been remapped as part of the (AMD Technik) price & the before figures indicated that the official

ratings were a little conservative..... The exception was our current EOS which was 10ps down, probably due to an intermittent intake manifold flap sticking open.

According to AMD the Superb made 211.9 bhp & 214.7 lb/ft rather than the specified 197bhp & 207 lb/ft. Back then (2012) Skoda always seemed to be conservative, whereas now they mirror

the VW figures for the same engines.

DC

4 minutes ago, old newbie2 said:

Thanks.  We have had "before & after" dyno runs on any of the cars that have been remapped as part of the (AMD Technik) price & the before figures indicated that the official

ratings were a little conservative..... The exception was our current EOS which was 10ps down, probably due to an intermittent intake manifold flap sticking open.

According to AMD the Superb made 211.9 bhp & 214.7 lb/ft rather than the specified 197bhp & 207 lb/ft. Back then (2012) Skoda always seemed to be conservative, whereas now they mirror

the VW figures for the same engines.

DC

Could be the case, this is of course a very different engine than the original 200hp one.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, superbtte said:

Could be the case, this is of course a very different engine than the original 200hp one.

I'd like to know if there any real differences between the Superb 280 & Golf R engines.

Having peeked under the bonnets of both cars, when parked together, it's the same model turbo, but different cooling & exhaust systems. 

2 minutes ago, old newbie2 said:

I'd like to know if there any real differences between the Superb 280 & Golf R engines.

Having peeked under the bonnets of both cars, when parked together, it's the same model turbo, but different cooling & exhaust systems. 

As far as I know only exhaust (cat-back) and ECU software is different

• Like 1