Skoda Superb III 4x4 280 - A sleeper’s journey – 280ps to 560ps

superbtte

• 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, Rjg said:

So rad :inlove:

Can I ask, how much power could you have safely made before the engine change? Also, what are the main differences with the forged replacement?

I had the same power with the normal engine too, 560ps. The changes for the forged engine are described in my first post :) This one should allow for over 600ps.

What an amazing build. I'm especially keen on your exhaust system. I'm driving the 162tsi here in Australia and currently attempting to have an "exhaust job" done on the car. I keep running into trouble with an unwillingness of fabricators to cut into the plastic bumper/diffuser to make way for exhaust tips and secondly the supposed height difference between the stock muffler and where the cuts will have to go. Any advice or template on how you cut into your rear would be warmly appreciated. Secondly, I'm also weighing up the APR carbon intake against the VWR R600. Probably tending more towards the VWR but again, any words on your experience with both would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by revori
Extra question/advice

2 hours ago, revori said:

What an amazing build. I'm especially keen on your exhaust system. I'm driving the 162tsi here in Australia and currently attempting to have an "exhaust job" done on the car. I keep running into trouble with an unwillingness of fabricators to cut into the plastic bumper/diffuser to make way for exhaust tips and secondly the supposed height difference between the stock muffler and where the cuts will have to go. Any advice or template on how you cut into your rear would be warmly appreciated. Secondly, I'm also weighing up the APR carbon intake against the VWR R600. Probably tending more towards the VWR but again, any words on your experience with both would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

The 280 (206 in Australia) already has the cuts. You can buy the rear diffuser from the 206 to fit your 162 and have the cuts ready for you.

The VWR600 gave me more power and looks more OEM too

bumper.jpg

Edited by superbtte

13 minutes ago, superbtte said:

Hi,

The 280 (206 in Australia) already has the cuts. You can buy the rear diffuser from the 206 to fit your 162 and have the cuts ready for you.

The VWR600 gave me more power and looks more OEM too

bumper.jpg

Is this a part you purchased from Super Skoda? If not, do you have a supplier that you would recommend? Parts for these are harder to source in Australia than it would appear in Europe (and the postage is a killer)

5 minutes ago, revori said:

Is this a part you purchased from Super Skoda? If not, do you have a supplier that you would recommend? Parts for these are harder to source in Australia than it would appear in Europe (and the postage is a killer)

This I bought directly from Skoda, it's an oem part. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

May I ask please, are these any good for every day use ? How many mile can you get under normal/spirited driving.

They look epic..........any good in the wet?

Yes, unlike the older R888 these have a water evacuation line. I will be using them as everyday tyres. 

Edited by superbtte

hats off to you sir, its totally bonkers!,

i have 230hp in a 61 beetle convertible which is hairy most of the time and my favourite thing is the faces of the boy racers as i blow past them in my Sunday driver. It must feel good to do it to a lot of Porsche drivers.