Skoda Superb III 4x4 280 - A sleeper’s journey – 280ps to 560ps

superbtte

A golf R with the same engine and a larger turbo just made 624ps and 686nm so I should be ok with 104ps less.

On standard engine internals that's amazing.

I ran 510bhp in the Yeti for a year and many track days (2.5 5cyl Audi Engine) and despite it being safe to 525 aledgedly it did a piston ring at the end of the year after about 12-14 hours hard use.

On standard engine internals that's amazing.

I ran 510bhp in the Yeti for a year and many track days (2.5 5cyl Audi Engine) and despite it being safe to 525 aledgedly it did a piston ring at the end of the year after about 12-14 hours hard use.

Yes, the EA888 gen 3 is surprisingly strong when mapped correctly.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Stunning, and a little bit bonkers.

Love it!

very true, but only a little bit, if you didn't know better the exhaust tips could be stock items.

Q? Were the original rear discs solid or ventilated?

We are thinking of getting the R a new big brother............

DC

very true, but only a little bit, if you didn't know better the exhaust tips could be stock items.

Q? Were the original rear discs solid or ventilated?

We are thinking of getting the R a new big brother............

DC

Hi, yes went for OEM-ish look for the exhaust and low key appearance in general both outside and in the engine bay.

Original disks are solid, these feel SO much better.

Drove the R. You will love the superb. If ever in the midlands let me know if you want to have a look at mine.

Hi, yes went for OEM-ish look for the exhaust and low key appearance in general both outside and in the engine bay.

Original disks are solid, these feel SO much better.

Drove the R. You will love the superb. If ever in the midlands let me know if you want to have a look at mine.

Thanks for the info & invitation.

Typical Skoda / VW penny-pinching, the 280 shouldn't have less braking power than a Golf, even if there is a (nominal) 20 ps power difference the 280 is a heavier car.

SWMBO & I looked at a new Sportline 217 yesterday & that had solid discs, but the sales droid had no idea what was fitted to a 280!

Just to add a little more merriment, he couldn't understand why a Sportline or vRS Octy had paddles as standard, "'cos they are automatics & you should just let the 

'box to think for itself........)

He did ask us if we needed to know how to drive a DSG equipped car, & this was after "appraising" our current Superb.........

Never mind, it was a nice afternoon for a drive.

Thanks for your thoughts & the pix of your "Q-car", the rear diff does make life complicated for the exhaust system designers, our Superb has a much simpler central pipe after the initial silencer splitting into a "Y" to the final silencers & 2 x twin tips.

All 4 tips do get dirty, unlike the inners on our R wagon, but it's a very quiet sound, as befits the car.

At only 250 ps, it's a slow-coach compared with your beastie, but it's still a good Q-car & very relaxing to live with.

TTFN  

not for me im afraid, i think your car is far too nice to put a tacky sticker like that on

Thanks for the input. 50/50 on the sticker myself at the moment. 

What I will be getting is the skoda sportline accessories from superskoda.

They have the rear boot spoiler, roof spoiler and side strips that come on the sportline.

They are all gloss black and match my boot sill protector, badges etc. and should look very nice,