Skoda Superb III 4x4 280 - A sleeper’s journey – 280ps to 560ps

superbtte

23 minutes ago, superbtte said:

Possibly this front one, safer over speed bumps

But certainly NOT the boomerangs over the spotlights, hate those ...

It doesn't look like there is a height different in the 2? It could just be my eyes playing tricks though and yes, the fog light covers are awful :blink:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, superbtte said:

Possibly this front one, safer over speed bumps

But certainly NOT the boomerangs over the spotlights, hate those ...

front v2.jpg

I quite like this one and agree the foglight eyebrows look stupid.

• Like 1

On 5/20/2017 at 14:09, superbtte said:

Front and rear lower diffusers, yes or no?

front diffuser.jpg

rear diffuser.jpg

Only if you think they will add to performance / stability at speed or when cornering.

Otherwise no, they just look too boy-racer & detract from the sleeper concept.

DC

• Like 1

I'm with the rest of the gang. I can imagine that the front splitter could achieve a stability improvement (think Top Gear and their Renault Espace mods!) but the rear diffuser's effect is probably solely cosmetic. I could live with both and they're subtle enough that most folk would think them OEM.

IMHO the other 'face fungus' is probably best avoided though.

Rear definitely yes. Front, only if it's color coded. If it didn't cost so much to have it delivered to Oz plus the exchange rate, I'd order both toady.:crying:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Andysuew said:

Rear definitely yes. Front, only if it's color coded. If it didn't cost so much to have it delivered to Oz plus the exchange rate, I'd order both toady.:crying:

What I actually liked for the front one is that it is gloss black as all of my additional parts (and the ones I painted).

My grill, eyelashes and even my badge are all gloss black. So are the window surrounds, side strips, rear boot spoiler etc. 

It matches everything perfectly.

23 hours ago, superbtte said:

What I actually liked for the front one is that it is gloss black as all of my additional parts (and the ones I painted).

My grill, eyelashes and even my badge are all gloss black. So are the window surrounds, side strips, rear boot spoiler etc. 

It matches everything perfectly.

Absolute fair call. Understand completely. My 280 is the standard unit with the chrome trim. For mine, I think the front splitter would blend in better if it was color coded to the brilliant silver. What you have produced overall is an absolute sensational sleeper. Well done my friend!!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately the Superskoda front splitter did not work out. Dye to the design, at higher speeds, the wind pushes it down (as it is supposed to) but due to the material being too flexible it touches the road and gets destroyed, pulling the bumper with it at the same time ... 

So I went with another, sometimes controversial, option of a bumper lip/protector.

I researched this a lot, read and watched videos and got to check different products before I ended up installing a Rhino lip.

Main differences from Chinese products (Rhino lip is made in the USA) are:

1. Silicone used rather than cheap foam. This makes the Rhino lip very resistant to scratches, weather conditions etc. 

2. Installation is with brackets and screws rather than 3M tape. This makes it much more stable and also allows a much better fit to allow for bumper curves.

It looks very discrete while still makes the car look lower and more sporty. It also protects the bumper from scratches at the bottom (which I used to get from high pavements).

Photos attached.

f1.jpg

f2.jpg

f3.jpg

f4.jpg

• Like 1