Mattmahope

Hi everyone!  I have been browsing the forums as a guest for a while now, but have decided it is time for me to jump in as I am very keen to buy the right Yeti for me in the next few weeks.  It will be my "sensible" daily driver and be used for weekends away biking - both on and off road.  The key specs I am looking for are:
  1. Automatic (DSG)
  2. Diesel 4x4
  3. Leather Seats
  4. Light colour preferred (white/silver/grey – not  super keen on black/red)
  5. Under 30k miles

I have no strong preference whether it is a pre- or post-facelift model.

If anyone knows of a car that fits the bill, please do let me know.  Also, if anyone has any tips/considerations I should bear in mind, please feel free to share as well.

One question I had was that I noticed from searching the classifieds that the older DSG cars have a larger, more square shaped gear knob/selector, whereas the newer DSG cars have a slimmer gear stick.  Is that just the shape of the selector or was there a change made to the DSG gearbox itself?

Thanks!

Any thoughts on this one I found:

http://www.bickertonskoda.co.uk/used-cars/view/FP14BKE/yeti-5-dr

Looks like my ideal spec, although not totally convinced by the brown/red leather.  Would be interested in other views!

Thanks

I'm not keen on the interior either , the price looks about right for L&K with DSG , but I reckon there will be plenty for sale with black leather interior .

This one also ticks a lot of boxes for me, and is conveniently located to go see:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201610249084637?drivetrain=Four%20Wheel%20Drive&keywords=elegance&postcode=so239th&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=New&fuel-type=Diesel&price-from=12000&sort=price-asc&radius=1500&transmission=Automatic&advertising-location=at_cars&price-to=17000&make=SKODA&page=2

Seems to be a good price (closer to what I want to pay) but it doesn't seem to have too many of the optional toys fitted.  Are there any toys missing that people think are "semi-essential"?

Yeah  :thumbup:

Great!  What do you think of that one? I feel that the light blue could look rather nice but I would need to see it in the flesh.  Still leaning more towards white/silver/grey though.

The brown leather is actually growing on me with time, and the rest of the spec of that car is great.  Seems there are not many white/silver L&K models with black leather about that are diesel and DSG...

This is the other link that wasn't working before:

Seems to be a good price (closer to what I want to pay) but it doesn't seem to have too many of the optional toys fitted.  Are there any toys missing that people think are "semi-essential"?

Not sure about the light blue myself , but it's probably the only colour I haven't had a good look at in the flesh . I feel for the price range you're looking at you'd be better off going for the facelift , unless you specifically prefer the pre . 

PS : Looking at the prices and specs of these make me realize what good value mine was when I bought earlier this year from a Member on here  :thumbup:

Have just put down a deposit on this Yeti after viewing the car and taking a test drive this morning:

http://www.marshall.co.uk/used-car-centre/used-cars/6641446-skoda-yeti-elegance-tdi-cr-dsg/

Seems like a great car and Ridgeway Wantage have been good to deal with so far.  Really excited to be a Yeti owner at last!  Thanks to all for your help/advice.

I am planning on making some mods to the car over time, so intend to be an active member on this site to get more information and advice on that.  It sounds like Shark could be getting a visit from me in 2017...!

I'm sure you'll love it Matt  :thumbup:

Thanks, I am sure I will too!  Should be a good replacement for my old Freelander and a nice partner to my VX220 Turbo.  Main thing is that I can get my bikes on/in it and all my kit too.

• Like 1

^^^^ I replied to your post in the Octavia Mk2 Section.

It looks like your issue is a 1.6TDI with a 7speed Twin Dry Clutch DSG (DQ200) 

Not all DSG have issues, and a 6 speed Wet Clutch DSG is a different animal.

• Like 1

I have had two Skoda's both with DSG boxes. First was Octavia with 6 speed wet box - 65,000 miles trouble free. Second a Yeti with 7 speed dry box - 49,000 miles trouble free so far. Neighbour gas an Octavia with 7 speed dry DSG and he hasn't had any problems either. I am sure some people have had problems but those whose DSG's are trouble free never say anything!

The early 7sp DSG units have been known to be trouble. Difficult to say if the later units are better - we will find out in the fullness of time.

The 6sp DSG boxes fitted to the 2.0 Diesel are pretty much bombproof.

• Like 1