exhaust noise

hey guys,

My Superb has a exhaust noise which annoys me at idle and when it reaches 1500rpm in acceleration. it sounds like a RONNNCCCC, I thought it was the heat protection but mechanic said it was this part:

893635243_o.jpg?nc=636144326386597754

can anyone confirm it please? it's easy to fix (beside the cut and weld) ?

cheers!!

• 1 month later...

Best way maybe sometimes cheaper is to buy the actual exhaust piece and fit it on your self i know my local place said fitting and welding a flex joint they asking £65 and im sure i can get the exhaust piece for maybe £50 max id rather have a the full pipe with warrenty and looking nice then a welding flex joint with a risk of leaks and rust

• 1 month later...

Hello.

I have almost the same problem (it's not the noise, but the fume that escapes), and I would like to replace the pipe, just as you say - I'd rather have the entire pipe. However, I am having trouble finding one that fits properly. Does anyone know where I can find a perfect fit for a Superb from 2006, 1.9 TDI AWX engine?

Thank you.