Skoda Octavia 2014, 1.6 TDi temperature goes above 90°C

Ghaida

Hello all,

I have Skoda Octavia 2014 diesel

Its engine is 1.6 TDI with DSG gear

Everything was normal but after I made general follow ups and maintenance the engine temperature started to go above 90°C generally in the morning, I sent it to the maintenance to check it again they say everything is good and nothing wrong but this makes me uncomfortable specially it wasn't happening before.

Please advice

Thanks

• 3 months later...

Hi Ghaida,

I have just bought a 63 plate Skoda Octavia with 67k miles on the clock. The very first time I took it onto the motorway the temp shot up very quickly into the danger zone.

I contacted the dealer and he made inquiries for me. He reported back that there is a Technical Data Sheet out on a water pump problem. Apparently the new design has a sliding collar (mechanically operated) as well as a stat. The collar sticks when under pressure. If your car has the same design, check with Skoda and you may get lucky. I was fortunate that I took out a warranty when I bought the car.

Good luck

• 2 months later...

Similar happened tome in my 2014 VRS. Temperature went into the red. I did the usual , heat on full to remove some of the heat but happened about 3 times in the same day. Feeling the coolant pipes it felt that the thermostat wasn't opening and letting coolant flow. I opened the expansion tank and there was a bit of a release of air /something. Problem never happened since. Maybe an airlock in my case.