Direct Hoses Power Washer Review

Chubbs

20 hours ago, Chubbs said:

I spoke too soon...it's knackered, just won't pump water! Call made to the number you provided Ste and voicemail left. The wait begins....in the meantime I'm borrowing a Kranzle. 

Sorry to hear this David.

Some info came to me that the Far east  supplier have changed something batch to batch;

after all the initial testing DirectHoses did for months before signing up to supply these machines.

I understand they are pushing for new parts/replacements.... but not sure how immediate things will get sorted.

• 2 weeks later...

Any progress David?

I got some feedback from Marcus at DH - they are supporting all pump/head failures and a new "improved" batch are being manufactured.

So once you get in contact i believe they are assisting with any issues - albeit, i know its slow responses. Took a week for a reply on my email.

The bad news is that they are now talking about an All Black 10 model rated more to a Kranzle 7.

So seems that after all the original hype the All Black 8 isnt suited/designed/rated for commercial use.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, samuir1974 said:

Any progress David?

I got some feedback from Marcus at DH - they are supporting all pump/head failures and a new "improved" batch are being manufactured.

So once you get in contact i believe they are assisting with any issues - albeit, i know its slow responses. Took a week for a reply on my email.

The bad news is that they are now talking about an All Black 10 model rated more to a Kranzle 7.

So seems that after all the original hype the All Black 8 isnt suited/designed/rated for commercial use.

Hi Ste,

In a word, 'yes'. Marc returned my call promptly last week & agreed to replace the unit, like for like and paid for the return of the old unit

In short he confirmed the current unit, more specifically the pump not the motor, is insufficient for commercial use.

With that in mind I requested my money back as an identical unit is likely to fail....always when you least need it to! This is being sanctioned but I've not sent both units back yet, so I'm hoping there'll be no further issues.

Marc also confirmed what you described re the upgraded unit. He also wants to gauge interest in detailers or commercial users renting such units....pay per month, buy at the end of the year for a minimal fee or receive another new unit and continue rental payments. Any problems with the unit during rental would be replaced asap for free.

Thats where I'm at to press!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chubbs said:

Hi Ste,

In a word, 'yes'. Marc returned my call promptly last week & agreed to replace the unit, like for like and paid for the return of the old unit

In short he confirmed the current unit, more specifically the pump not the motor, is insufficient for commercial use.

With that in mind I requested my money back as an identical unit is likely to fail....always when you least need it to! This is being sanctioned but I've not sent both units back yet, so I'm hoping there'll be no further issues.

Marc also confirmed what you described re the upgraded unit. He also wants to gauge interest in detailers or commercial users renting such units....pay per month, buy at the end of the year for a minimal fee or receive another new unit and continue rental payments. Any problems with the unit during rental would be replaced asap for free.

Thats where I'm at to press!

Thanks for the update David.

Glad that Marcus is dealing with your issue; as he always has been helpful enough with me;

and in all honesty - that's why i recommended DirectHoses to you and others.

My All Black 8 is domestic use only and maximum 2 cars a week; so i'll stick with it and see how it goes.

Now then - the rental option - he hadnt mentioned.... i will get more info for those i know who may consider it.

The All Black 10 sounds promising.... but will be at least September or so when finalised and in stock.

Any more info - i'll share when i have it.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 03/12/2018 at 02:46, Ryan90VRS said:

I'm also looking at the All Black 9, I may even just take the plunge on it. They're 10 minutes away from me so if there are any issues it shouldn't be a problem.

I'm looking at the All Black 9 as well.... when my 8 finally dies; but so far so good - its 2 years in and running well on light duties.

The accessories via eBay are dirt cheap and in the long run have saved me a fortune since didtching karcher.

Marcus and the guys at Direct Hoses will look after you - they have been great with me.

7 minutes ago, samuir1974 said:

I'm looking at the All Black 9 as well.... when my 8 finally dies; but so far so good - its 2 years in and running well on light duties.

The accessories via eBay are dirt cheap and in the long run have saved me a fortune since didtching karcher.

Marcus and the guys at Direct Hoses will look after you - they have been great with me.

I ended going for a Karcher K4 compact + home kit in the end. Aldi had them at £99 in the Black Friday deals. So far I'm very impressed, can't see why anyone would want anything more if all they're using it for is to wash their car every week.

Edited by Ryan90VRS

1 hour ago, Ryan90VRS said:

I ended going for a Karcher K4 compact + home kit in the end. Aldi had them at £99 in the Black Friday deals. So far I'm very impressed, can't see why anyone would want anything more if all they're using it for is to wash their car every week.

Fair enough - my Karchers did me proud but the All Black series for compactness were a winner in the end.

Let us know how you get on with it.

• 2 months later...

Hi all

i have a all black 8 and looking at getting a new snow foam lance from auto brite. What fixture do I need? Or do I take the connector off the lance bottle that came with the all black 8 and fit it onto the auto brite bottle?

thanks. 

• 2 months later...
On 31/03/2019 at 11:56, biggy7 said:

Hi all

i have a all black 8 and looking at getting a new snow foam lance from auto brite. What fixture do I need? Or do I take the connector off the lance bottle that came with the all black 8 and fit it onto the auto brite bottle?

thanks. 

The snowfoam lances for the AB-8 / 9 are decent and mega cheap on eBay.

1/4" Fitting plus example below...

Snowfoam lance

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pressure-Snow-Foam-Washer-Jet-Car-Wash-Adjustable-Lance-Soap-Spray-Cannon-1-4/273781753085?epid=15031289810&hash=item3fbeaa04fd&enc=AQADAAADAFjVrDbVsZ8oH%2F8PNHtt9VX4%2Fw7FZcmMuqsX8uaFEduVklo6w1XuSowQsaw4cSI0zzrlQtrp5SIuCnc%2Bn9SYuSbKQH7WZI1dDtfG8uToyaNOzZfZldHbfEYY%2BHFqPf9Wp5t42XHpXr7gWqY7AN8IibiJvZq7I7ugr2f6BqXtnIQRwe1HqaWkWxAn2cr4id1vFV0MPD3ZgCWWfHAsb3UJGOQlCqASPoEiZMI5tCuAA49B%2B%2BkOFGS6z9bln71L1ow4YDCRfkCall%2FgsCu%2FBYr00QruibRYysEErYluUaD91O%2B8fCptZwzjX7GuVE9DksNo1TxHDYknIKiiiTHcwjnmpnoqVvU92Hsv9dOxJkyYH3b2GHqKu6kWE0e3SIXuSiC3Rv1HqWv6Lhol2UvFdrovDJYR2GJ2ZRbK28E4wRIEr1YoOPFJBQPEalOXArLaWi1a%2FpT2%2FKbGfLtMKHF9lETrACaU2iit53BiDx5zBSpXESNnsap2LjCz8WxBJDIIriwU3AxW8qFoLs6%2FaP4zX0pjHC10HDHrShsps8j%2BKZnJ1D8Wccy3c35twFt9QhawyEcFVyvMlGhz%2BecsZpTNsHm2JoOJcqmhX99f83MCXO%2FxGxmQ3z3hVQC1MbIEaUN11i8HAxXDG0HKZNcdXSIM%2BVhsJrzWeFTCrfShHIhzFWcXxknG3xVs5uMn1N9SW30ZtwBKrDi%2BEwjcEXPlTdiRVasmQTW21%2FwCZzkwuGeanuu9x3upUoSiSUg48lXoXv%2FDB4mauLewj9H%2BPHhsnUqTyuwWlBdoeb5PhnG2K7ZY9WWaBjURNIVenUug%2F9uc6kKGAIu80o%2FELYulS%2FxvJRgUV5yLlHjiBHZ77AJjWRbO9RyOFGNeH7SV5zbE1Y%2BIZH6O5hzW%2FT2d7swjC7jJC8noaQKLvAbW6yaBqUsTNbQSbVGRGvPhbKd94bXDQcYHtRuE%2FN87EHI8fIX%2B8fzFbrWRcNYN%2FnWbIFmNHunPcpZ%2FpI3XyERryTEug5O%2F33mP3wPTiewzNA%3D%3D&checksum=273781753085751ddd19898e43469b6e963c5b20fd98

Or Spare gun plus snowfoam lance <£20!!!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-4-Snow-Foam-Washer-Gun-Car-Wash-Soap-Lance-Cannon-Spray-Pressure-Jet-Bottle/273763469464?hash=item3fbd930898&enc=AQADAAADAFjVrDbVsZ8oH%2F8PNHtt9VX4%2Fw7FZcmMuqsX8uaFEduVP9r0ITeEtXxMuIlOsQkLG%2BzSQDhrgM%2BhnZCXhTU2aX5ImNvoglU6BX4zMwVWp%2BSFT%2B%2BgBdfrq2mY%2Ftzx%2FWVqnJ2liYvN6qPBC59iPUiw72bhYbBNisIIw%2BBkfKGmCbPlNj8WCJzLfDyEw9DZl4vz7dnJdcWY2D4G8t%2BtXtImPY3n1isZ%2FoO3GUV6Vn1UWdIKofwMj%2FSrC3UKF5ypvp5dzXkRQf5cXs9FbdqVccYx%2FCymEbVmCLtLLY%2F7Cme1hhnT86TkhqfRhHmmDSATK2uxALFGRKnVAcckqKeQTWxVznnpYmgb%2BVv2pJkRwYo91mu66NyM9hyhzs%2FVcNMPOga%2FfepPL81p2gEgR4uiy3m1YHrbW2OD3TjoFNn%2Ba%2BJI2dWZ4nC2c5DA%2FXZlvdfzII%2Fydviwrt%2FKaAnfyQgdbWUtMBDXIcW5vbPGI%2FBUuKcXpF8zeBczzTknuIhn%2Fc7BVyya8qXML8gv%2BB4DO%2B5BCEYupefkxR2lcjLBovnohwMS%2BF%2F6uRukxRUaYiSEZNvEtoVdFa6RjZr8k81%2By36v0WW6ZIWf1tTngkOzNmP9ri%2F1wvYwT4AI20utOu2tP43k%2B3M8j%2BBNrspg9GxK7hsS4efISZU701fEXWXMc5n5TMd2ZbeNAVKdR5zLEeNXAuykf8qz4UuCtOhAIcVAAzIkv9vzu4M%2Bdwqzx9a77Pg6efLeAy48VfdbSI6o7KFMRev9sM%2BGvobz76W6o9dQsOwSxgQ76wIY5r2OY4HLSfBxH5WFSYZ8MTHdT6LsosHwXVYEYtiKVEa2lnh1fR%2F%2B7x7yQ1VFfO1sfhSgNLyRicf6RTK3350XG3ciRZZYfWqsNSSi6SS8TE2sPx4vq9ZDi3oDrvhG5c0gxMqAhPZK9cF9jAWfrJWqAFkDAlM%2FEsmjdTKJQfiyUVTlj3dueKfQ6N6B6O%2BJUoIRLs4KpM0A51RXc7Uq2s%2FB5X%2B0xKbpEpGdPrtDl2wGMA%3D%3D&checksum=2737634694644216d582be9e4045b1b2af9f39db4679