Direct Hoses Power Washer Review

Chubbs

I recently purschased one of the powere washers from Direct Hoses (http://www.directhos...-hose-quick-fit) along with an upgraded 15M hose.

Keen to try it out, I had it assembled with no fuss this morning.  A very compact unit, smaller than my old Karcher, and easy to lift.  All parts and connections seemed to be of good quality and fit. 

The unit came with two lances for the spray gun, albeit these are short in comparison to the usual style lance expected with a pressure washer.  My 'Hozelock' system connected the pipe and unit snuggly, so no need to use the supplied plastic hose pipe adapters.

So, the moment of truth.....power on, water on and off she went.  Silent at first, then pull the trigger and a very powerful blast of water took care of the crud on the car.  It ran quietly and has a useful stop/start system on pulling/letting go of the trigger.

No need to carry the unit round the car - the 10M hose would've been sufficient but the 15M made walking round the car a breeze.  The hose is reinforced and appeared good quality and shouldn't be easily damaged or tangle up.

I was very impressed by the performance, the only negatives were a (water) bubble appeared under the glass of the pressure gauge and the lack of lance adjustment to produce a fan of water.  Both lances have a hole and produce a narrow jet of water, one with significantly more force than the other.  I had to stand about four feet from the car as I was unsure the finer and more powerful jet may not do damage!

I emailed the company re the two negatives and await their response.

Going by the Youtube videos i've watched before - the nozzle on the gun should just twist - and alter spray pattern?

On another thread - i think i read that the air bubble is common/standard - i could be wrong on that.

Still - i'm sure the DirectHoses team will let you know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSoI-JrMqME&feature=youtu.be

Air bubble on my mates as well...

15033750_10209283733843574_1826027993_n.

Spray fitting is similar to a standard lance fitment i think....

closed setting

15049925_10209283737603668_1957268333_n.

open setting

15049575_10209283740923751_1851730068_n.

Maybe you're right! Just I didn't notice the bubble before, then again, I wasn't looking! It was a quick run out so will have another play. If they come back to me calling me a pilchard I'll just take it on the chin!!

It certainly looks a great little kit for the money..... i'm following with interest.

Hopefully get one ordered for the new detailing season in 2017 :thumbup:

My bargain £40 PW has served well for the last 5 years or so - time for an upgrade.

Typical kit is as follows:-

(i was holding off on posting - thinking you may have posted more detail on your review.

But in the absence of any pictures or added detail on your review - thought to share)

14980565_10209275328273440_4158636437842

• Like 1

Actually - managed to catch my mate on FB now and the air bubble was explained as normal to him.

Message he was sent....

"There is nothing wrong with the gauge, the air bubble is intentional.  The air bubble is needed for the purpose of dampening the internal pressure to ensure accurate readings.

It is necessary for the air bubble to be there so that the gauge will work properly since air provides a cushioning effect for the gauge."

• Like 1

Just had another look at the lance Ste.......it's official, I'm a pilchard! The whole collar rotates rather than the bit I was trying to rotate - bit of a three handed job to adjust when using the trigger!

Indeed, I was very impressed with the apparent quality, brass fittings, hose etc.  Even better you don't need a hose pipe, just run it from a bucket of water via the supplied white tube and filter.

Edited by Chubbs

All good then David - glad its a simple learning of the machine and controls.

I would feel bad having recommended it to you in the first instance.

Of the reviews i have read so far - no other issues to report at the moment.

• Like 1

Direct Hoses emailed me back promptly and confirmed what you thought and the feedback you'd already received Ste. Good customer service as well as a great bit of kit, well done Direct Hoses!

• 2 weeks later...

Well - i managed a decent test of this Direct Hoses 8 Pressure washer today.

Using up some holidays before the Xmas period - i jumped at the chance to do some detailing with my buddy Shaun!

All i can say is.... I WANT ONE!!!! So writing my letter to Santa as we speak.... :giggle::happy:;)

I'll try and get some pics posted once i upload them.

I'm sure it will help expand a bit on Davids intial impression of the pressure washer.... :thumbup:

First up - we setup on the drive way. Shaun got the machine a week or two back;

but the weather really hasnt played ball to enable a good days detailing.

In that time - it was apparent the machine itself is pretty darn heavy....

So a nice solution in place already with a small cart setup for the PW+tools.

A great idea i must admit..... i would certainly consider replicating this when i purchase...

15218733_10209359491657472_713660751_n.j

15218540_10209359537658622_1469562543_n.

A nice quick release system and no O-rings to worry about here either....

15218625_10209359499377665_2057964649_n.

Foam lance fitting..... easy peasy...

15226514_10209359512978005_2046427644_n.

Main jetwash lance attachement....

15211546_10209359546458842_1931618448_n.

• Like 4

Just some more shots from later on in the detail...... foam and rinse stage....

15208012_10209359546258837_582222645_n.j

Variable lance jet nozzle.....

15207800_10209359544458792_1951233575_n.

15218759_10209359544618796_998881683_n.j

Overall - very impressed, great bit of kit for the money. A improvement on my Karcher type and also on the Nilfisk Shaun just replaced.

Great quality and i think with the 20m upgraded hose.... something i will add to my setup very very soon all being well.

I think my £45 Aldi Karcher copy has done well to make it 7 years down the line..... and will be retired to backup machine duties or patio cleaning only.

• Like 1

Just some more shots from later on in the detail...... foam and rinse stage....

15208012_10209359546258837_582222645_n.j

Variable lance jet nozzle.....

15207800_10209359544458792_1951233575_n.

15218759_10209359544618796_998881683_n.j

Overall - very impressed, great bit of kit for the money. A improvement on my Karcher type and also on the Nilfisk Shaun just replaced.

Great quality and i think with the 20m upgraded hose.... something i will add to my setup very very soon all being well.

I think my £45 Aldi Karcher copy has done well to make it 7 years down the line..... and will be retired to backup machine duties or patio cleaning only.

Thanks for the in depth review chaps. Looks impressive. I may take the plunge myself next year as this looks a better sized PW than my K4 Premium!

• Like 2

Thanks for the in depth review chaps.

Looks impressive.

I may take the plunge myself next year as this looks a better sized PW than my K4 Premium!

No problem Karl. :thumbup:

In all honesty mate - after using your K4P recently; you NEED to plan in this change.

Your standard hose length and quality are pretty bad - not sure how you manage to cope with it.

The DirectHoses machine is great - but the hose especially will be a vast improvement on your side.

No problem Karl. :thumbup:

In all honesty mate - after using your K4P recently; you NEED to plan in this change.

Your standard hose length and quality are pretty bad - not sure how you manage to cope with it.

The DirectHoses machine is great - but the hose especially will be a vast improvement on your side.

The K4P hose can be changed, but the PW it's self is quite a lump. Even on wheels it's a pain.

Certainly something I'm going to look into based on your review.

The hose is a nightmare. I've actually kicked the K4 over in anger before today.. being a karcher I'm surprised it's still working hahaha.

• Like 1

Used my new Direct Hoses 8 PW today and noticed two small leaks....one from the outlet pipe once the hose end was hand tightened, I also used the provided ptfe tape.

The othe leak came from the other end of the hose (blue) where it pops into the lance, annoying as it made my feet wet!

Didn't have time to look into this, just wanted to finish the car ASAP, so will look again next week. Still a great machine at the price point, I'm sure the leaks are easily remedied.

First up - we setup on the drive way. Shaun got the machine a week or two back;

but the weather really hasnt played ball to enable a good days detailing.

In that time - it was apparent the machine itself is pretty darn heavy....

So a nice solution in place already with a small cart setup for the PW+tools.

A great idea i must admit..... i would certainly consider replicating this when i purchase...

15218733_10209359491657472_713660751_n.j

15218540_10209359537658622_1469562543_n.

A nice quick release system and no O-rings to worry about here either....

15218625_10209359499377665_2057964649_n.

Foam lance fitting..... easy peasy...

15226514_10209359512978005_2046427644_n.

Main jetwash lance attachement....

15211546_10209359546458842_1931618448_n.

Great pics Ste! Certainly looks like an excellent bit of kit. I may pick up a longer reinforced hose from them, as the Karcher one is just not long enough.

• Like 2

Great pics Ste! Certainly looks like an excellent bit of kit. I may pick up a longer reinforced hose from them, as the Karcher one is just not long enough.

Absolutely Neil - the hose i got from then way back is still going strong. Worth every penny!

I'm hoping the PW is too - all other reviews i've read have been 100% on it, except here.

• Like 2

Well .... due to a busy Xmas and some pending travel plans.....

My good lady gave me some early Xmas pressies this weekend.

DH ALL-BLACK-8 plus 20m heavy duty hose

Some light reading.... hope to have a play soon.

15400580_10209374671058411_7787700982281

• Like 3

I really do have some great mates who keep my missus uptodate.  :thumbup:

Big thanks to Shaun and Karl for helping out (behind my back) - but always appreciated!!!

Basics unpacked... feels like a quality product;

plus the accessory pack is superb....

15338722_10209392289618864_2378666142502

• Like 3

Glad you finally managed to get your hands on it buddy!

Behind your back? You mean like you did with the Advent Idea? Hahaha!

Cheers for letting me have a play with it the other day. Would make a nice replacement for the K4 lump that I currently run. It's a nice bit of kit!

• Like 1

Glad you finally managed to get your hands on it buddy!

Behind your back? You mean like you did with the Advent Idea? Hahaha!

Cheers for letting me have a play with it the other day. Would make a nice replacement for the K4 lump that I currently run. It's a nice bit of kit!

hahaha - well impressed with it mate.... i was still saving up for it and thinking Feb/March time!

Glad you were as impressed with it too. First impressions - its a nice bit of kit. :thumbup:

Its certainly a lot quieter than my outgoing model and although heavier..... much more compact.

Let's just see how reliable it is in the long run; but seems highly serviceable.

I should also have said - now i've completed 2 cars with it - its the one for me.

Saturday i did the Z4 in no time at all. It wasnt too dirty really..... but good to get used tot he tools.

Sunday when you came over - the R36 needed a really good clean..... its been a while.

The power from the DH-PW was great and the vario lance add-on is superb - a big improvement on the Karcher version.

The quick-release style fittings with swivel & o-ring free design - a breeze to use!!!

Just need to convert my old Karcher foam lances to the quick release system and i'll be happy. :thumbup:

I should also have said - now i've completed 2 cars with it - its the one for me.

Saturday i did the Z4 in no time at all. It wasnt too dirty really..... but good to get used tot he tools.

Sunday when you came over - the R36 needed a really good clean..... its been a while.

The power from the DH-PW was great and the vario lance add-on is superb - a big improvement on the Karcher version.

The quick-release style fittings with swivel & o-ring free design - a breeze to use!!!

Just need to convert my old Karcher foam lances to the quick release system and i'll be happy. :thumbup:

Glad you're enjoying it. I'll be looking into one January/Feb for sure!

• Like 1