Has anyone ordered one

skoda1982

How long did it take people to get a build week from their dealer? I ordered mine at the start of Feb and the dealer still hasn’t heard anything from Skoda☹️

17 minutes ago, Jfhuk said:

How long did it take people to get a build week from their dealer? I ordered mine at the start of Feb and the dealer still hasn’t heard anything from Skoda☹️

You should have a provisional one straight away

1 hour ago, Jfhuk said:

I ordered on 31st January and got a provisional BW 23 the day after I ordered, this changed to BW 14 after about 2 weeks, and updated today to BW 12.

On ‎02‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 18:27, Markymate said:

JA1976, your car was built last week and should now be sitting at Emden docks waiting to be shipped to Sheerness.  Call Skoda customer services 03330037504, or use their live chat. They will tell you where your order is.

Thanks Markymate. You're correct. Just called customer services and they confirmed it's sitting at Emden awaiting shipping. They said it should take 2 - 2.5 weeks to get from there to the showroom, which is slightly ahead of the schedule I was given.

2 hours ago, JA1976 said:

Thanks Markymate. You're correct. Just called customer services and they confirmed it's sitting at Emden awaiting shipping. They said it should take 2 - 2.5 weeks to get from there to the showroom, which is slightly ahead of the schedule I was given.

Glad to hear that. Once you know the ship it's on, you can track it on marinetraffic.com.  If you're that way inclined!!      Mine arrived at Sheerness on the 22nd of Feb and due to the weather last in Kent, it's still there 11 days later.  Been to the dealers this morning and hopefully going to be delivered on Wednesday and can pick up Friday.

Unfortunately, it doesn't work like that. When I ordered my vRS, it was end of April 2014. I ordered from the MY14 list and paid the MY14 price, but got an MY15 car because it was built in July 2014 - the only differences being the flat bottomed steering wheel and cruise control being standard (which I had ordered as an option, but because of the price increase it was still cheaper than ordering the same spec from at MY15 price, if you see what I mean).

I'm pretty sure you won't actually be able to order MY19 cars until very close to the cutover date. That's why there's always the disclaimer about the specification may change without notice etc. in the brochure / spec sheets. And if I remember correctly, there's something in the configurator that appears that says to talk to your dealer because you may get a different MY car and they can tell you what that means etc.

There's likely to be a minimum lead time from ordering to delivery i.e. the fastest possible delivery on a factory order?

I'm assuming the manufacturing plant will have a date at which MY18 production changes over to MY19?

So if we work back from that date there will be a point in time where you're guaranteed to get a MY19 build slot?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I'm from the Netherlands. Currently driving a MY2015 Seat Leon ST 1.6TDI (110hp). I've recently ordered a Kodiaq which will be my 2nd Skoda (previously had a Octavia gen. 2).

The setup I've ordered is a Kodiaq Style Business 1.4TSI 150hp with DSG6.

The Style Business is I think only available in The Netherlands and contains a lot of desirable options by default. Some of these are:
* Front Assist;
* KESSY;
* Columbus;
* Area View;
* Park Distance Front/Rear;
* Park Assist 3.0;
* Electric Tailgate with Virtual Pedal;
* Blind Spot Detection;
* DAB+;
* Canton Sound System;
* 18" Elbrus;
* 3-zone Climatronic;
* Full LED Headlights with AFS;
* Electric Driver Seat with memory function;
* Heated Front Seats.

Next to the already very long list of default options, I've also ordered heated backseats, driving mode select, sunset and a towbar.

Estimated delivery October 2018 (7-8 months is unfortunately normal for delivery of a Kodiaq in The Netherlands).

Edited by BramBam

I appear to be a confirmed build next week now (BW 13).  So with any luck it might arrive in April or early May :)

A lot of me wants it before tough mudder (6 May), but another bit really doesn't with beige leather sets.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, silver1011 said:

What do you need to be able to ask 'Skoda Chat' for an update, an order number or will your name and supplying dealer suffice?

Pretty sure someone has managed without their order number, I imagine they can search based on your details.   But order number is easiest, and the only way I have done it. :)

(Just seen elsewhere you went with other info)

Edited by exFiesta
  • Like 1

Yep, I was surprised, was on to Skoda via their chat system and mentioned I had a car on order, he asked if I wanted an update so I told him I didn't yet have an order number from the dealer, doesn't matter he said, what's your surname? Job done.