Has anyone ordered one

skoda1982

I know when the launch is i get invited, but when is Delivery if you order now.

I've been given a 'due to dealer' date of 10th April for an order placed yesterday.

• Like 1

I've been given a 'due to dealer' date of 10th April for an order placed yesterday.

Ignore this.... Double checked and now being told no date can be confirmed until January.

"Has anyone ordered one?"

Yep. My Xmas present to myself. A couple of emails and calls to dealer for a PCH deal should mean an SEL shows up late April (ish).

Job done. I can think about other things now for a few months.

I've no concerns about "test drives" and "early adopter woes".

A few magazine reports plus numerous U tube clips has shown me that it is simply a jazzed up Superb. And that's no bad thing.

I'm very familiar with a Skoda.

The cost is satisfactory to me compared with current and previous vehicles. It's all about overall true monthly cost.

Time for a change.

Carpe Diem!

Not going to bother, cannot get the options I want on a sensible spec, and adding too many options is money down the drain

I am not going to pay over £30k for a car with things I don't want and will probably never use.

Sorry will be going elsewhere and will be leaving Skoda for the next family car if this is what they think I would like

For a start I am happy with the petrol 1.4 DSG, 2 wheel drive, but want cross climate tyres (not available), do they really think I would buy a second set in U.K. And throw away brand new tyres.

Have I read that right, you aren't buying a Kodiaq simply down to the fact you can't order all-season tyres to be fitted from the factory?

I'm sure selling the brand new summer tyres that come fitted to the car can easily be sold and will no doubt cover the cost of the all-seasons bought straight after delivery. Your supplying dealer will probably even take the original tyres off your hands and source and fit the all-seasons!

• Like 1

Are they actually Run Flats which can be a pretty horrible ride, 

or Continental ContiSeal as fitted to the like of the SEAT Alhambra? You do not run those like Run Flats though.

Are they actually Run Flats which can be a pretty horrible ride,

or Continental ContiSeal as fitted to the like of the SEAT Alhambra? You do not run those like Run Flats though.

The 19" rims run on Continental ContiSportContact5's or Pirelli Scorpion Verde's from what I've seen. The Conti's do have ContiSeal I think.

I've just ordered one on one of those Simpsons PCH deals. They told me 12-14 weeks for delivery! I'm taking that with a pinch of salt considering when I ordered the octavia 3 years ago I was told 6 weeks and it actually took 6 months! Skoda don't seem to have mastered supply and demand. Buying process was pretty painful, their customer service generally is a joke compared with when I first started buying skodas.

Still, fingers crossed.

Not going to bother, cannot get the options I want on a sensible spec, and adding too many options is money down the drain

I am not going to pay over £30k for a car with things I don't want and will probably never use.

Sorry will be going elsewhere and will be leaving Skoda for the next family car if this is what they think I would like

For a start I am happy with the petrol 1.4 DSG, 2 wheel drive, but want cross climate tyres (not available), do they really think I would buy a second set in U.K. And throw away brand new tyres.

Just don't choose a Kia, had one for a few months whilst choosing a new car and it was awful. Guzzled fuel, bad gearbox, delaminating wheels, seats that ripped and just absolute ****, it was all under warranty, but it was just dire. And don't choose Dover Garage, Ash. Shysters.

I've spotted a colour anomaly in the Kodiaq brochure regarding the greys available. The brochure shows Quartz Grey and Business Grey, with the Quartz being lighter than the Business. However, according to the Configurator on the Skoda site, the lighter of the two is the Business Grey. I'd hate to order one colour from the brochure and get the other. Can anybody clarify please.

I've spotted a colour anomaly in the Kodiaq brochure regarding the greys available. The brochure shows Quartz Grey and Business Grey, with the Quartz being lighter than the Business. However, according to the Configurator on the Skoda site, the lighter of the two is the Business Grey. I'd hate to order one colour from the brochure and get the other. Can anybody clarify please.

This is Quartz Grey in the Superb

24-IMG_2616.jpg

DSC_0338.jpg

V Business Grey Below

SkodaSuperb20TDI150PS1015%283%29.jpg

skoda-superb-7607587_b_30730111_zps7ejiy

Skoda-Superb-LT.jpg

And in the Koidaq

Quartz

1995229257skoda-kodiaq-quartz-grey_main.

14374155_103021610165009_355462881093248

v Business Grey

Skoda_Kodiaq1_620.jpg

Edited by RickTT
  • Like 2

14478465_199610860494710_592558242054694

Quartz Grey in artificial light

• Like 1

This is Quartz Grey in the Superb

24-IMG_2616.jpg

DSC_0338.jpg

V Business Grey Below

SkodaSuperb20TDI150PS1015%283%29.jpg

skoda-superb-7607587_b_30730111_zps7ejiy

Skoda-Superb-LT.jpg

And in the Koidaq

Quartz

1995229257skoda-kodiaq-quartz-grey_main.

14374155_103021610165009_355462881093248

v Business Grey

Skoda_Kodiaq1_620.jpg

Thanks .. great help !  

Buyers beware then.. the brochure is wrong Business Grey being the lighter of the two. ( Unless it's my eyesight / colour blindness ).

I told Skoda UK about this on 7th November - They didn't seem very interested! When asked what the situation would be if a customer received a vehicle in a colour they didn't want, they had no answer. The only result of my call was a call back from a survey company asking how pleased I was with the contact with Customer Service. They got an abrupt answer.

Just came across another possible issue regarding the option for the Electrically Operated folding towbar @ £850.

According to a specifications / extras spreadsheet I've seen, this isn't available on the SE L or Edition 2.0 TDi 150 4x4.

That seems rather odd as likely to be the first choice for many wanting a TowCar. I'm trying to get this confirmed with Skoda.

• Like 1

Just came across another possible issue regarding the option for the Electrically Operated folding towbar @ £850.

According to a specifications / extras spreadsheet I've seen, this isn't available on the SE L or Edition 2.0 TDi 150 4x4.

That seems rather odd as likely to be the first choice for many wanting a TowCar. I'm trying to get this confirmed with Skoda.

To be fair an electrically operated towbar sounds like asking for trouble to me! I think I'll just save myself over £500 and get a detachable aftermarket one fitted.

As this car is new to market, just be aware that it may be some time before an after market tow bar is available.

.Also, some members fitting after market tow-bars to the new superb have had a bit of a nightmare with coding etc..

Also, if you cant order a towbar direct from factory on some models, you really need to check the car is homologated / type approval  for towing. Some cars are not and therefore you cant legaly tow as the car is not approved.. therefore void insurance... . (Fabia  Vrs comes to mind)

Below is a video demo of my advertised "Electric Towbar" on my superb, in fact is not electric at all, just a electric led advising its secure - not sure if the Koidaq will use the same system of not, but one may assume it would..

Edited by RickTT
  • Like 2

As this car is new to market, just be aware that it may be some time before an after market tow bar is available.

.Also, some members fitting after market tow-bars to the new superb have had a bit of a nightmare with coding etc..

Also, if you cant order a towbar direct from factory on some models, you really need to check the car is homologated / type approval  for towing. Some cars are not and therefore you cant legaly tow as the car is not approved.. therefore void insurance... . (Fabia  Vrs comes to mind)

Below is a video demo of my advertised "Electric Towbar" on my superb, in fact is not electric at all, just a electric led advising its secure - not sure if the Koidaq will use the same system of not, but one may assume it would..

To be fair an electrically operated towbar sounds like asking for trouble to me! I think I'll just save myself over £500 and get a detachable aftermarket one fitted.

It's an electric one.

b611fac4467cfa87b03c123c9d15f849.png

Are you certain it's fully electric?

As potential future owning I was flicking through the manual (as there appears to be no brochure yet in English) and from instruction:

"Press the tow bar in direction of arrow until it audibly clicks into place."

It was not clear if it pops out and has to be pushed in position, or motors out and requires a shove to work?

Either way lot less faff than a detachable and cheaper than the same option on the Discovery Sport!

It's an electric one.

b611fac4467cfa87b03c123c9d15f849.png

I disagree.

An electric one is where you press a button, the towbar retracts and moves under the power of a motor into position and in reverse to store.

The Kodiaq one is the same concept as the Superb just with the operating release handle / button in a different place as per the manual below.

The only electric part is the LED which flashes GREEN or RED to confirm its securely mounted.

towbar_zpswwl6yniw.png

Edited by RickTT