Has anyone ordered one

skoda1982

On 06/12/2016 at 09:10, NexusSix said:

I have placed  new vehicle order (build slot deposit)  with Vindis Skoda in Cambridge for a Kodiaq 2.0 TDI SE L 4 x 4 DSG. I have paid a preliminary deposit which has basically given me the rights to be on the order list. I am currently build slot no 2 out of 42 which will be their entire build allocation for 2017. Their sister group in Bury St Edmunds have only 30 build slots. I am looking forward to test driving a left hand drive in February with expected delivery in April, although I won't hold my breath!!

Anyway I have never owned  Skoda, and was wondering about the 7 speed auto DSG box. what is the general feeling - how good its it. I currently drive a Hyundai Snta Fe on a 2010 plate with 100k miles on the clock.

This is exactly the model and spec I'm thinking about.  Just flip flopping between fwd + buy winters or just go awd and not bother.  I know all the chat about better braking grip etc with winters, I'm not wanting to get that discussion started here.  I live at the top of a hill and so need a bit of traction to get home and that's it really.  Had crv on normal and all OK.  Now got xc60 d4 fwd with winters and all OK. Just a straight choice really. ....just struggling to make it ;)

Nexus six, did you add extras? I'm thinking front sensors and heated windscreen. The rest of the stuff i want is standard #great spec!

As for 7 speed dsg. Driven my mates 16plate  A6 2.0tdi black addition dsg with same box. I thought it was terrific! Very very smooh with changes pretty much imperceptible. Only 10 mile jaunt on local back road but enough to convince me.  Spoken to him since he's delighted and will never go back to manual. 

On 6 February 2017 at 21:19, AandOsDad said:

This is exactly the model and spec I'm thinking about.  Just flip flopping between fwd + buy winters or just go awd and not bother.  I know all the chat about better braking grip etc with winters, I'm not wanting to get that discussion started here.  I live at the top of a hill and so need a bit of traction to get home and that's it really.  Had crv on normal and all OK.  Now got xc60 d4 fwd with winters and all OK. Just a straight choice really. ....just struggling to make it ;)

Nexus six, did you add extras? I'm thinking front sensors and heated windscreen. The rest of the stuff i want is standard #great spec!

As for 7 speed dsg. Driven my mates 16plate  A6 2.0tdi black addition dsg with same box. I thought it was terrific! Very very smooh with changes pretty much imperceptible. Only 10 mile jaunt on local back road but enough to convince me.  Spoken to him since he's delighted and will never go back to manual. 

Heading for the same model here.

I added a bundle of extras that I consider "essential" plus a few gratuitous "nice to haves".

Quartz Grey - I'm glad Primer paint isn't an option
Black Trim
19" Triglav wheels FOC option
1. Tri-zone climate - got to be a good idea in such a big bus
2. Space saver spare wheel - I'm old fashioned 
3. Virtual boot pedal - it's the obvious next step
4. Heated windscreen - have loved them for years 
5. Heated washer nozzles
6. Heated leather wheel with DSG paddles - just wanted paddles, but seems we have to get stung for a hot wheel too
7. Front parking sensors - cheapskates at this level 
8. Colour Maxi-DOT display - can't have less than my good lady has on hers
9. Personal drive mode selection
10. Remote folding rear seats

Edited by BoxerBoy
  • Like 1

On 25/01/2017 at 22:20, wrobz said:

Order placed last Friday with my local dealer for 2.0TDI 150ps SE L DSG 2wd.

Business Grey metallic with child safety pack, space saver spare wheel and rear camera plus 3yr infotainment online jobby etc.  Has not been accepted by Skoda factory yet but fingers crossed should coincide with my Octy III Scout going back in mid May.

Personal Contact Hire on a 3+35 @ £323pcm inc. VAT.

Looking forward to trying my DTUK CRD-t box on this one as only £10 to swap over :-)

Great price. Who was that with?

This was with my local dealer after a bit of haggling and cash back from them to lower the monthly payment. This was before the recent 1/4 pricing came in which have put prices up a bit.

I have a build week of w10.

Edited by wrobz

I have been looking at the Kodiaq for sometime as my Yeti PCP is due up in June. Finally saw one at the Mitchell event (Cheshire oaks) last Wednesday. I was impressed and so on Friday I went back and ordered An edition, moon white, 2.0TDI 150 4x4 with black leather. Went for heated front  windscreen and washer nozzles, floor mats, travel assist and it came with the early order free upgrade of the Canton sound system and space saver spare wheel. Told to expect the car June/July. 

I've just been told my car is allocated build week 10 - w/c 6 March.

Add on a possible 4 weeks to deliver to dealer so there's a chance I'll be fetching the kids' Easter eggs in it.

( Week 14 is w/c 3 April )

Fingers crossed.

Have also been told the Launch is 6 April.

Will be taking my good lady for her preview on Fiday evening - my second preview 

:)

Edited by BoxerBoy

On 13 February 2017 at 23:16, dcl5ad said:

When did you place your order BoxerBoy?

I phoned up and had 24 & 36 month comparative quotes back in an eMail on 21 December allowing me to order before Xmas. It wasn't a hard decision after running my current Superb for 5.1/2 years and reading / watching everything that was available about the new Kodiaq. I've been waiting 2 years since the first models were shown.

It took a while to land the order officially in the Skoda system, then another wait till the factory scheduled the build date.

I think my first test drive will be running the new car off the forecourt on day 1 :)

• Like 2

On 03/01/2017 at 13:15, H1UBS said:

I've spotted a colour anomaly in the Kodiaq brochure regarding the greys available. The brochure shows Quartz Grey and Business Grey, with the Quartz being lighter than the Business. However, according to the Configurator on the Skoda site, the lighter of the two is the Business Grey. I'd hate to order one colour from the brochure and get the other. Can anybody clarify please.

I had a chuckle this afternoon after my dealer man phoned in a bit of a panic as he has just learned that the Quartz Grey and Business Grey colours were mixed up in the early flier brochurette - and did I realise this when I ordered a Quartz Grey one????

Luckily (for him) I had learned all that via this parish and had clearly mentioned in writing after agreeing a deal that I wanted the "darker grey Quartz" option.

So all is well with my order and he can sleep easily tonight :)

18 hours ago, BoxerBoy said:

I had a chuckle this afternoon after my dealer man phoned in a bit of a panic as he has just learned that the Quartz Grey and Business Grey colours were mixed up in the early flier brochurette - and did I realise this when I ordered a Quartz Grey one????

Luckily (for him) I had learned all that via this parish and had clearly mentioned in writing after agreeing a deal that I wanted the "darker grey Quartz" option.

So all is well with my order and he can sleep easily tonight :)

You should have ordered the wrong colour deliberately, so that you'd receive the right one, and then be able to demand some form or recompense or freebies for not getting what you ordered:biggrin:.

Well, After some deliberation, and having to begrudgingly concede I wasn't likely to get a discount, mine is ordered.

Admittedly I did walk out of one dealers as I wasn't given any leeway, the second dealer was made aware of this, and I managed a little extra on my Octy as trade in, but still well below my usual bargaining results :blush:

I have gone for what will probably be one of the commonest colour choices, but personally I think it one of the best suited to the vehicle.

So spec is:

Kodiaq Edition

2.0 TSi (petrol) DSG 4x4 7 seat

Quartz Grey

Beige Leather

Pano Roof

DCC inc drive mode and off road function

Adaptive Cruise Control

Area View with F+R parking sensors

Heated windscreen + Washer Jets

Ambient Lighting

Media Command

Door and side trim panel in leather with waste bin

Textile mats

Service Plan

4 year warranty

Free VIP Upgrade to Canton and Spare wheel.

Been told May/June delivery, I feel is a bit optimistic but one lives in hope !

I see on these forums mention of 7 speed DSG, is that across the range or engine specific ?

I have the 6 speed on my current car, hopefully the 7 is just as good.

Edited by Mr Grump

Very similar spec to what I have ordered

2.0 Tsi Edition DSG 4x4

Petrol Blue / Beige Leather

Dynamic chassis control including drive mode selection and off-road function (PF4)
Ventilated front seats (PHD)
Virtual pedal (PK9)
Heated windscreen (PKV)
Heated leather MFSW (PLD)
Adaptive cruise control (PLI)
Ambient lighting (PN3)
Park assist (PPA)
Travel assist (PWD)
Area view with rear LED lights high (PWG)
Heated washer nozzles for front windscreen (9T1)
Heated front and rear seats (4A4)
Sun visors with mirror, illuminated (5XH)
Textile floor mats (0TD)

Edited by andyvee
  • Like 1

Good to see another 2.0 Tsi,  I was beginning to feel lonely :D

I had considered the Petrol blue too, looks lovely in sunlight.

I have dropped the Pano roof and added Tri Zone CC and the "child pack" (Electronic child locks, sunblind's and waste bins).

I ordered on Tuesday

2.0 tdi 4x4 manual 

SEL 7 seater

originally ordered petrol blue but wife made me change it to cappachino.

Added

Colour maxi dot

pano roof

front parking sensors

and children's pack with window blinds.

wasnt alllwed to go off on the extras this time

have an oct mk3 with about 6500 of extras that I'm about to hand back 

On 22/02/2017 at 22:12, Mr Grump said:

Good to see another 2.0 Tsi,  I was beginning to feel lonely :D

I had considered the Petrol blue too, looks lovely in sunlight.

I have dropped the Pano roof and added Tri Zone CC and the "child pack" (Electronic child locks, sunblind's and waste bins).

I'll never have another pano roof in a VAG vehicle for a variety of reasons ....

On 22/02/2017 at 21:10, andyvee said:

Very similar spec to what I have ordered

2.0 Tsi Edition DSG 4x4

Petrol Blue / Beige Leather

Dynamic chassis control including drive mode selection and off-road function (PF4)
Ventilated front seats (PHD)
Virtual pedal (PK9)
Heated windscreen (PKV)
Heated leather MFSW (PLD)
Adaptive cruise control (PLI)
Ambient lighting (PN3)
Park assist (PPA)
Travel assist (PWD)
Area view with rear LED lights high (PWG)
Heated front and rear seats (4A4)
Textile floor mats (0TD)

I thought heated from seats are standard on edition...?

• Like 1

How do chaps.

Some good selections here. Just ordered mine.

SE L 1.4 TSI 150 PS DSG 2WD

Pacific Blue - Black Alcantara interior

Electrically adjustable driver seat with memory function and lumbar support (PB1)
19" Triglav alloy wheels (PJ5)
Space saver spare wheel (7-seater) (PJE)
Heated windscreen (PKV)
Ambient lighting (PN3)
Exterior door mirrors electrically folding and auto-dimming with memory (PW2)
Travel assist (PWD)
Electric child safety lock with rear window roller blinds (PXC)
Canton sound system (RA2)
Front and rear parking sensors (7X2)
Folding table on front seat backrests (1U9)
ISOFIX on front passenger seat (3G1)
Colour Maxi-DOT (9S6)
Personalisation of drive mode selection (8QG)
Textile floor mats (0TD)

Awaiting build date...

On 2/25/2017 at 16:35, andyvee said:

I'll never have another pano roof in a VAG vehicle for a variety of reasons ....

Can I ask what are those reasons? I just ordered a Kodiaq with a pano roof and I can still cancel it. Plus I have some doubts about this choice.