Advice When Installing A GTB2260

Personally and professionally I would not use or recommend silicone hose for anything other than air or coolant, even then I would always use a solid pipe for longer runs and only use the silicone for unions and bends and for vibration isolation.

I certainly wouldn't use it for any oil or fuel application since there are better products available.

• Like 1

Hello,

This is getting very interesting. What would make it absolutely epic if XMan could keep a cauldron of boiling oil in his garage, but that's hoping for a bit too much I think.

My (almost) final proposal is shown in the pictures. I have mocked up a very short connection (40mm) between the turbo return and the block connector and shown the original. Mainly because of the feedback, saying a shorter connection was required.

I've also back tracked on all the other oil return setups on the forum, that people said they weren't happy, but I can't remember if they were the GTB2260 or the GBT1756 installation. Sorry if I haven't acknowledged any copyright!

It seems as if the turbo comes out further from the block than I remembered. That's not a problem since I have a 80mm extension that I can fit to move the block fitting out further.

Does any think this will work?

5903b88f23e58_OtherOilReturnPipes.thumb.png.f9229ad0d97f4eecf15b70b50a7c71ca.png5903b84a1958f_BothOriginalandGTB2260.thumb.jpg.a86fe87c3cabd4cae66cac3092b5e912.jpg5903b88f23e58_OtherOilReturnPipes.thumb.png.f9229ad0d97f4eecf15b70b50a7c71ca.png

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

that 90 degrees angled connector would work just fine just make sure that the internal diameter is 10mm or so... the silicon elbow shows no signs of any reaction to oil nor have I heard anything concerning from any of the customers already running them on their cars...

cheers

7 hours ago, XMANTURBOS said:

that 90 degrees angled connector would work just fine just make sure that the internal diameter is 10mm or so... the silicon elbow shows no signs of any reaction to oil nor have I heard anything concerning from any of the customers already running them on their cars...

cheers

You best drop Samco (and every other manufacturer ) a email and tell them the good news! :D