Help ! DRLs blown electrics !

Andyrep

Hi

I really don't know what I've done here

I fitted 2 new DRLs LED from Hids direct supposed to be 580 21/5 they didn't appear to work so bought conventional bulbs from Halfords and drives side all ok

But passenger side yikes the DRLs work but no parking/side lights and the rear lights have stopped working in that side to

I've swapped bulbs changed the 2 blown fuses that went but still rear light cluster is dead, brake light works

Anybody got any ideas

Hi

I really don't know what I've done here

I fitted 2 new DRLs LED from Hids direct supposed to be 580 21/5 they didn't appear to work so bought conventional bulbs from Halfords and drives side all ok

But passenger side yikes the DRLs work but no parking/side lights and the rear lights have stopped working in that side to

I've swapped bulbs changed the 2 blown fuses that went but still rear light cluster is dead, brake light works

Anybody got any ideas

It'll be a fuse most likely, I know you've replaced 2, but check each one, suspect a dodgy LED has caused it to blow, I've mucked around with different bulbs in the past, if I recall I would check fuse 22 isn't blown (think it's called light switch) if that's fine check other fuses

Sorted thanks

4 fuses blown !!

21,22,11 and another which I can't remember but it was labled headlamp but did passenger side drl and rear light cluster

Blooody mad how can replacing a bulb cause so much grief !!

Thanks anyway

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Thread resurrection!

This is the exact same issue I have just happened to fall upon.

I have checked all the fuses and all appear fine.

I did replaced 22 as it had blown, so now I have the NS parking lights working, (they weren't). 21 an 11 are both fine.

Any know what other fuse/s to check? I don't like randomly pulling fuses!

Apologies for a question on my first post

Edited by rowlers
corrections

18 minutes ago, rowlers said:

Thread resurrection!

This is the exact same issue I have just happened to fall upon.

I have checked all the fuses and all appear fine.

I did replaced 22 as it had blown, so now I have the NS parking lights working, (they weren't). 21 an 11 are both fine.

Any know what other fuse/s to check? I don't like randomly pulling fuses!

Apologies for a question on my first post

Things could get interesting, just checked the newer manual and looks like the fuse layout has changed.. I'm assuming yours isn't a newer model as fuse 22 is the horn :D

Check fuse 4 which is for Daytime running lights

7 minutes ago, Hyphons said:

Things could get interesting, just checked the newer manual and looks like the fuse layout has changed.. I'm assuming yours isn't a newer model as fuse 22 is the horn :D

Check fuse 4 which is for Daytime running lights

2015, and my fuse layout IS different from the manual posted on here. I can get a photo of the layout in my manual if it helps?

Edited by rowlers
corrections

3 hours ago, Hyphons said:

Try fuse 45

Nope, not that one either!

But I have found it.

Both fuses 21 and 22 and blown. I must have been blind when I first checked them, only finding the 21 blown the first time.

All working now, only problem is that I only had a 10amp fuse left. I'll need to pick up a 7.5amp as soon as I can.

Thanks for the help.

Edited by rowlers
  • Like 1

Reading this thread ( and similar ones on the same subject) I realise what a lucky boy I was back in 2013 when I bought my new Citigo. I fitted a pair of LED DRLs from HIDs Direct...absolutely no issues at all, simply plug-and-play. They're nearly four and a half years old and still as bright as new...as I say, lucky!