Retrofitting OEM parking sensors on Skoda Superb MK1

MihaiVlad

Hello there. I am new around here. I own a Skoda Superb MK1 2007 1.9 TDI. The car was as simple as it can be from the factory and now i want to install the rear parking sensors (OEM). I couldn.t find anything about this subject, not on this forum or on the internet. Can someone help me with a wiring diagram or tell me where should i take each wire because there are a lot more wires than i was expecting :))) By the way, i have the sensors, the module and the buzzer.

Thank you in advance!

L.E. : i will be back soon with some photos. :D

Edited by MihaiVlad

You can buy all the wiring diagrams from the Skoda ERWIN service for a few euros.

https://erwin.skoda-auto.cz

I wouldn't bother retrofitting OEM as it will be expensive and tricky.  You also will need rear bumper trim strip and the holders for the sensors, which are stuck to the back of the bumper / trim strip.  Might be easier to buy whole bumper assembly from breaker yard. 

Hello there. I am new around here. I own a Skoda Superb MK1 2007 1.9 TDI. The car was as simple as it can be from the factory and now i want to install the rear parking sensors (OEM). I couldn.t find anything about this subject, not on this forum or on the internet. Can someone help me with a wiring diagram or tell me where should i take each wire because there are a lot more wires than i was expecting :))) By the way, i have the sensors, the module and the buzzer.

Thank you in advance!

L.E. : i will be back soon with some photos. :D

On my Classic spec "Superb I" I fitted a Meta Targa SR2 - fitted around the number plate - simple, cheap but very effective 

Cheap ones from ebay work very well and are probably easier to fit than trying to figure out the wiring for the original set up.

I'm sure it's cheaper to replace the whole system with a kit than it is to buy a single OE sensor.

• Like 1

I have all the pieces (rear bumper trim, the sensor holder, etc) except from the wiring :D. I also have an aftermarket sensor kit but i wanted to look and work as the OE ones. If i don't manage to install the OE ones, i will go with the AM kit. The AM kit has that screen and i do not know where to put it and it looks kind of ugly :)). Anyway, thank you guys for your answers. :D

On my Classic spec "Superb I" I fitted a Meta Targa SR2 - fitted around the number plate - simple, cheap but very effective 

That's a nice one over there! Good idea!

The difference between an aftermarket kit and the originals is that the aftermarket kit doesn't stop working and costing you constantly in replacment units due to the old favourite of VAG "water Ingress" into the sensors. You can actually dry them out and they start working again if you leave them on a sunny wondow sill for long enough.

Just don't bother with the OEM unit. I replaced mine with a AM kit. There is no difference apart from it works every time. And when the OEM kit lets you down and you reverse into a ballard well that just cost more money to put right the bumper.

You don't have to listen. But you should in this case.

Note the after market kit I brought was just a bleeper one. The sensors fitted directly into the holes of the OEM ones and you can't tell. I put the beeper next to the OEM one.

• Like 1

Thank you all for answers and advices. I guess i'll do the same after all. I already have an AM kit bought from Ebay and i will install it. Thanks again! And a happy new year to all of you!