Yeti Outdoor L&K 1.4tsi or SE Technology 2.0d

mfin

Looking for opinions on choosing the Yeti Outdoor L&K 1.4tsi or SE Technology 2.0d

Both can be had for the same money on contract hire within a couple of quid, they must be throwing away the L&K and that 1.4 petrol engine.

Any opinions on the petrol engine? I'm swayed to diesel although I only do 8,000pa so it's more to do with familiarity. I assume the 1.4 petrol has a lot of torque low down because of the turbo and doesn't need to be screamed to move swiftly?

Dislikes of the L&K are that brown interior, if only it was black.

My main likes of the L&K are the Heated Windscreen and Heated Seats, most other extras I could take or leave. Both can be had with metallic paint chucked in for free.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Hi,

We have a heated windscreen on a ford, I thought it would be a gimmick, but actually quite handy. If you get frequent cold weather.

The interior of the L&K, I know what you mean. It's feels like it's asking for dirt and scuffs if that alone is the issue. I spoke to a friend who had a similar interior, he simply said it's easier to spot the dirt and clean it. Good job with 4 'mates' in muddy boots. One interim solution is black seat covers too...

I've never actually driven a yeti... at 8k pa a petrol would be my 1st and 2nd choice. 

Might be worth a post in the yeti area to discuss the engine choices, along with what you;d like out of it... i.e around town, motorways, lots of eager b roads etc.