Kodiaq Colour Options

BoxerBoy

Lava / Petrol blue does change quite drastically in different light, I saw one in a showroom and loved it, but there was also a customers car outside (it was also slightly overcast that day) that was a bit grubby and that looked really drab IMO, enough to put me off, as my car can get covered in a fine layer of dust when parked at work.

Edited by Gizmo68
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Gpmanning said:

Anyone noticed red has gone from the Skoda configurator? I think others may have too. No red for the Superb nor Kodiaq anymore. Have they run out?

The red was going to be discontinued. Looks like this may have happened now.

2 hours ago, ZacDaMan72 said:

ef520bdb87b156b90d3bb366c962e70d.png

NZ configurator shows it

UK configurator is only showing 11 colours, not 14

Pacific blue

Candy white (£195)

9 Metallic colours for £555

Just been on the German configurator and corrida red is available for €150 (about £130), but they lose a metallic colour so also only have 11 choices

Also tried the Spanish configurator, they don't get red, but have a total of 13 colours (including 3 different whites)

Very strange

• Administrators

1 hour ago, BoxerBoy said:

Red only looks good on small cars.

and trousers (jumper has red too)

baby piller colin3_scaled.jpg

I could of got a photo of red trousers, my red car with a fire engine last night... if only I'd had the foresight.

On topic, I think red is a tough call on the beige interior.

Red looks dead pure brilliant when stuck in snow drifts and where helicopters are needed to fly over spotting vehicles.

You just need to keep clearing the roof.

White for the Med & the tropics obviously but not for heading to the slopes / hills in winter in Europe or other World Regions that get snow.

On ‎19‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 11:40, Gizmo68 said:

Lava / Petrol blue does change quite drastically in different light, I saw one in a showroom and loved it, but there was also a customers car outside (it was also slightly overcast that day) that was a big grubby and that looked really drab IMO, enough to put me off, as my car can get covered in a fine layer of dust when parked at work.

I concur.

I sat in one dealership configuring a Kodiaq, and a Petrol Blue Yeti pulled up sparkling in the sun, I though mmm yep, but later on I looked at a Petrol Blue car in the shade, and though it looked very flat, enough that it swung it for me to go for the Quartz Grey. Yeah I know it looks like there will be a sea of that colour arriving, but I like it.

So I got a call from my dealer for the first time since ordering in December today. Apparently red is discontinued, and I have the choice of changing colour or being delayed a totally unknown amount of time. I can pick another colour but all there is is dark blue or various shades of drab. Yes I know a lot of people like these colours, but I wanted corrida red. I've chosen to wait.

Is it me or are Skoda a joke these days? After all the waiting and guessing 3 years back when I bought the Octavia, here we go again.  How can they put the colour in the brochure, I'm one of the very first to order it and then it's discontinued before it even gets a build date?

9 minutes ago, Dr_Pepper said:

So I got a call from my dealer for the first time since ordering in December today. Apparently red is discontinued, and I have the choice of changing colour or being delayed a totally unknown amount of time. I can pick another colour but all there is is dark blue or various shades of drab. Yes I know a lot of people like these colours, but I wanted corrida red. I've chosen to wait.

Is it me or are Skoda a joke these days? After all the waiting and guessing 3 years back when I bought the Octavia, here we go again.  How can they put the colour in the brochure, I'm one of the very first to order it and then it's discontinued before it even gets a build date?

So what difference does waiting make if red has been discontinued? It's also gone from the superb but is on the new Octavia. Weird. 

Edited by tigermad

The Skoda Configurator for Rep. of Ireland, has gone up on the Skoda website, and it shows 4 base colours available, ( Corrida Red, Candy White, Laser White, and Pacific Blue), along with 10 Metalic colours.  However all options for the different spec levels are still showing as €0, as do all the paint and wheel choices, so maybe when it becomes fully operational, we too will lose the ability to choose Corrida Red.   At present it is also possible to order a Superb in Corrida Red.

Got a reply from the social team on Facebook

Hi Gary, We're sorry to disappoint. Our factory team determines the available options, and if certain colours have been removed from the configurator, it does mean that they are no longer options for ordering. Best, ŠKODA UK

Doesn't say they know it has but almost guessing that's why. I suspect they're right but doesn't make much sense when they've had the red in all the brochures for the Sportline and I've seen plenty of Kodiaqs in red as demo / press vehicles. You'd think they'd think of this if they knew they were discontinuing. Shame as I love the SL in red :-(