will rcd330gplus be complatibel with skoda rapid 2015 make

Sandesh0259

1 hour ago, Sandesh0259 said:

Hi Manoj,

Thanks for replying to my queries.

Is your HU desay or no name & can you direct me to a vendor on Ali express?

Mine is the DSG ambition variant, Do you think it would work fine with mine?

Thanks again.

Mine is Noname as i wanted carplay functionality.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/DHL-Free-Shipping-CD-Player-Car-Radio-Stereo-RCD510-Code-USB-AUX-MP3-For-VW-Golf/32764486995.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.43k2wK

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/3/2017 at 19:02, Manoj1135 said:

OMG short circuit ? there is guy called Nikhil from pune He might help you in detail. Let me check with him and share his detail with you

I have opened the BCM connector and to my surprise i  found 20 and 21 Pin are already connected with Orange wires.  Now wondering what is the solution now?

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/03/2017 at 01:38, spiz said:

I have a VW 6RD 035 187B currently fitted in my Rapid.

Plugs directly in & no code required. ( just needs a 2 into 1 antenna lead apapter.)

This one has Apple Carplay and green back lit buttons & also the Skoda logo on start up.

Multi function steering wheel works with it.

Supports rear vision camera too. (default on.. to code off set byte 3 to 00 [40 is on])

FullSizeRender.jpg

IMG_7204.JPG

Does the volume button works? Mine doesn.t . I got the left sterring commands with phone and volume but nothing

7 minutes ago, TzK said:

Does the volume button works? Mine doesn.t . I got the left sterring commands with phone and volume but nothing

Yes, volume dial on steering wheel works.

What radio did you have before?

1 minute ago, spiz said:

Yes, volume dial on steering wheel works.

What radio did you have before?

Had the rns 315 amudsen + . Lost the volume and voice commands. Don.t like the rcd 330g plus got problem connecting to mirrorlink also. Need 3rd party aps for a samsung a5 2016. Does it need coding via vcds ? 

6 minutes ago, TzK said:

Had the rns 315 amudsen + . Lost the volume and voice commands. Don.t like the rcd 330g plus got problem connecting to mirrorlink also. Need 3rd party aps for a samsung a5 2016. Does it need coding via vcds ? 

Apple Carplay works well. Haven't tried android phone.  

No coding was required in our setup. Removed Columbus and fitted the rcd330g.

Yes, you will lose voice command.

On 23/07/2017 at 10:44, aromal said:

I have opened the BCM connector and to my surprise i  found 20 and 21 Pin are already connected with Orange wires.  Now wondering what is the solution now?

Hi Aromal,

Sorry for the delayed response. Could you please share me the pic of BCM ? also pic of BCM part number.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Manoj,

I have a 2015 model of Skoda rapid ambition with steering wheel controls.  I am looking at an upgrade to the rcd330g plus. The existing stereo is RCN 320. I can a CAN connection is available on the iso.. will this AN work directly?

On 07/08/2017 at 14:11, Manoj1135 said:

Hi Aromal,

Sorry for the delayed response. Could you please share me the pic of BCM ? also pic of BCM part number.

Hello Manoj,. Your posts suggest that your rapid had steering wheel controls. Which model year is it?  Is the MFD black or green? Can please help?

Hello Terence78,

17 hours ago, Terence78 said:

Hello Manoj,

I have a 2015 model of Skoda rapid ambition with steering wheel controls.  I am looking at an upgrade to the rcd330g plus. The existing stereo is RCN 320. I can a CAN connection is available on the iso.. will this AN work directly?

Yes it can be done. Mine, i replaced RCN 320 with RCD330g plus. Everything works perfectly, Steering controls works fine.

Exisitng can connection on the iso didnt work for me. I had to connect CAN from ISO quadlock to BCM 

I would suggest to know your BCM pinout config before doing anything. As Aromal faced issue in connecting

16 hours ago, Terence78 said:

Hello Manoj,. Your posts suggest that your rapid had steering wheel controls. Which model year is it?  Is the MFD black or green? Can please help?

Mine is having Indian made components.

Car model : Ambition

Year : 2014

MFD: Green,

MFSW : Yes

10 hours ago, Manoj1135 said:

Hello Terence78,

Yes it can be done. Mine, i replaced RCN 320 with RCD330g plus. Everything works perfectly, Steering controls works fine.

Exisitng can connection on the iso didnt work for me. I had to connect CAN from ISO quadlock to BCM 

I would suggest to know your BCM pinout config before doing anything. As Aromal faced issue in connecting

Mine is having Indian made components.

Car model : Ambition

Year : 2014

MFD: Green,

MFSW : Yes

Hello Manoj,

Thanks for the excellent information. This is really helpful. Mine is the 2015 ambition with steering wheel controls and black MFD.  I faced the same issue with Harman rcd330 unit with the CAN connected to the ISO. Looks like I need to use the convenience CAN  from the BCM. I am guessing that the slot on the BCM will be empty in my case too as it is an Ambition variant.  In case of Aromal who has a elegance variant the slot on the BCM may be already connected to the climate control. He can probably tap it from there with the usual caution ofcourse. The plan now after your confirmation is for me to test with 5 inch variant I have and then migrate to the plus variant. The plan is to buy the noname version. I am really sorry to trouble you but you don't happen to have information on how to access the BCM do you? The connector pin  on the CAN necessary?  Thanks once again for the reply. Really appreciate it.  One more thing if Aromal is using the desay version it is likely the steering wheel controls may not work. Not sure though.

BTW you seem to be one of the few guys who have got it working on a Rapid.

Thanks!

On 8/7/2017 at 14:11, Manoj1135 said:

Hi Aromal,

Here is the Pic of BCM and Connector assignments.  Hope you can read it. 

BCM .jpg

Connector.jpg

11 hours ago, Terence78 said:

Hello Manoj,

Thanks for the excellent information. This is really helpful. Mine is the 2015 ambition with steering wheel controls and black MFD.  I faced the same issue with Harman rcd330 unit with the CAN connected to the ISO. Looks like I need to use the convenience CAN  from the BCM. I am guessing that the slot on the BCM will be empty in my case too as it is an Ambition variant.  In case of Aromal who has a elegance variant the slot on the BCM may be already connected to the climate control. He can probably tap it from there with the usual caution ofcourse. The plan now after your confirmation is for me to test with 5 inch variant I have and then migrate to the plus variant. The plan is to buy the noname version. I am really sorry to trouble you but you don't happen to have information on how to access the BCM do you? The connector pin  on the CAN necessary?  Thanks once again for the reply. Really appreciate it.  One more thing if Aromal is using the desay version it is likely the steering wheel controls may not work. Not sure though.

BTW you seem to be one of the few guys who have got it working on a Rapid.

Thanks!

I have got the Noname version with green back lit. 

• 2 weeks later...

I managed to get the Harman Rcd330g working today on my Skoda Rapid based on the inputs from Manoj. I got the CAN connected to pin no 20 and 21.  The steering wheel controls work except for the Volume knob.  I am able to mute using the volume knob though.  The guys at AliExpress informed me that the behaviour would be the same with the Desay version. They recommend  the Noname version for Skoda and state that all steering controls will work.

On 25/08/2017 at 23:10, Terence78 said:

I managed to get the Harman Rcd330g working today on my Skoda Rapid based on the inputs from Manoj. I got the CAN connected to pin no 20 and 21.  The steering wheel controls work except for the Volume knob.  I am able to mute using the volume knob though.  The guys at AliExpress informed me that the behaviour would be the same with the Desay version. They recommend  the Noname version for Skoda and state that all steering controls will work.

I don't know about the behaviour with the Desay version of RCD330g Plus. As i wanted CarPlay functionality, i went for Noname version. 

On 16/08/2017 at 23:15, Terence78 said:

Looks like I need to use the convenience CAN  from the BCM.

Yes Exactly. If you have Auto Climate Control then you can easily tap radio CAN wires with  Auto Climate Control. No need to reach till BCM

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/29/2017 at 12:11, Manoj1135 said:

I don't know about the behaviour with the Desay version of RCD330g Plus. As i wanted CarPlay functionality, i went for Noname version. 

Yes Exactly. If you have Auto Climate Control then you can easily tap radio CAN wires with  Auto Climate Control. No need to reach till BCM

Hi Manoj ,

Any guide on how to tap wires from ACC ?  I am not able to figure out which panel to remove or how to access them without removing it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 9/27/2017 at 14:27, Manoj1135 said:

Awesome... Congratulations..

Hi Manoj,

mine is Skoda Rapid Petrol AT ( Elegance ) 2012 Model replaced with RCD 330G with CANBUS Adapter now the issue is Car time and Stereo time doesn't synchronise , it is showing different timing,can anybody help

Hi, I have retrofitted RCD330 G to my 2012 model Skoda Rapid ( with CANBUS connector and adapter) everything working well except the clock.

It is not in sync with the car time any body can help me plss

Thank you