8MmYNAgl.jpg

Current state;

iJgrbwil.jpg

xPAU8mzl.jpg

5vXO2R7l.jpg

ZJKbBRyl.jpg

u8lyrHyl.jpg

co0uRSSl.jpg

A mate came up with a brilliant idea to keep the air filter in place using one of the old brackets from the passat;

qAmuvcLl.jpg

fYsPfpTl.jpg

So a few things to sort before Snetterton but should be a good day out :)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, bspman said:

Love what the whiteline rarb did for my octy. what setting do you have yours on? set mine to medium.

Currently lowest setting - want to see the difference when out on track next week but will probably end up on medium. 

• 3 months later...

Have got some further planned upgrades, just need to find some time. 

Bigger brakes - 312mm fronts and vented rears going on. This means that I need bigger wheels so managed to source 4 x 16" steelies. Just need to sort some wheel trims still. 

Bought some replacement parts but needs to be painted - bonnet, tailgate and 2 wings. Yellow currently :D

Going to Wörthersee in May so will hopefully get some good pics then. 

• Like 3

Fitted some new stalks today so now the wiring that was put in place for cruise control when the dash was out is all connected and working. I don't get a light on the dash - assuming that it's not available on the standard dash but it works so am happy with that;

4kFnAQ1l.jpg

Also swapped the steering wheel for the FR one, like it a lot more than the standard skoda one;

QXTTnlsl.jpg

Also forgot to say on the previous post, I have also got some 225 bam injectors to go in and getting a map done at TRP in April. Injectors should hopefully make it a bit smoother :)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Just a little update - unfortunately the mapping at TRP isn't happening now but in talks with someone else to get the mapping done in the future. Running out of time before Worthersee so will get done at some point.

A few upgraded bits to make life a bit easier;

Central locking now works on all 4 doors

Electric front windows now working (royal pain in the backside!)

Done an oil change, swapped rear wheels to front and bled the brakes again. Serviced the Forge dv which made a big difference - noticed the design has changed;

WAU3syVl.jpg

AkzFIRWl.jpg

Also added some of this stuff to the gearbox - made a big difference, a lot quieter and smoother gear changes.

7gNWZAql.jpg

Next stage will be getting a 6 speed box set up, got most of the bits - just need to find the time. Sourced a HDS 6 speed fabia vrs box as I know that'll fit without notching anything. Just a case of swapping bits out and making a usable concoction. 

Will add some pics of my trip as soon as I can :)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AJ7788 said:

Yes mate - credit to the guy who done the map :) is he local to you or work wherever? 

I just met him when he brought a part off me he worked at a main dealer in Harrogate and he did it in his spare time as a mobile remap guy. He did say it was a stage 2 map, right bargain then :)

• 3 weeks later...
On 23/04/2018 at 21:35, AJ7788 said:

Yes mate - credit to the guy who done the map :) is he local to you or work wherever? 

On 23/04/2018 at 23:41, TrevorB33 said:

I just met him when he brought a part off me he worked at a main dealer in Harrogate and he did it in his spare time as a mobile remap guy. He did say it was a stage 2 map, right bargain then :)

Remap was done by me! - Any 1.8T or 1.9 pd 130/150 map I can do (at reasonable costs) & can send you the file you flash it yourself! - I've spent years developing the maps on my own cars for fun... so can do the maps at a very reasonable cost!

glad your enjoying it! Kind Regards

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So it's been a very long time since I have updated this! Been manic with changing jobs and all sorts of other stuff.

So all the prep work that was done previously was to get the car ready for the Worthersee trip - I'm pleased to say she made it there and back! :D The gearbox has been noisy for quite a while before we went but the mountain twistys killed it off.. drive back was long and slow(ish) but she done her job and got me home.

We covered about 2600 miles through France, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Italy, Slovenia and the Netherlands.

Worthersee is very "scene" so minty stood out like a sore thumb - however that was the beauty of it, people were intrigued and asking lots of questions - and of course laughing lots :D 

So lots of pictures;

opw7oOVl.jpg

qZjShIFl.jpg

egnBVHxl.jpg

XnyJJeLl.jpg

WBMeswfl.jpg

PeGfzGXl.jpg

ztBuGH3l.jpg

7BY9sXOl.jpg

TPfoQfPl.jpg

CbK3pCql.jpg

F1gYfYel.jpg

GoW4P1Ql.jpg

xwQSgNcl.jpg

mzRSfuMl.jpg

9itEQTSl.jpg

O0GFzKol.jpg

i3mh7r7l.jpg

lhmgXRul.jpg

RdXMwGDl.jpg

Edited by AJ7788
  • Like 1

Also managed to do a top speed run on the autobahn - and the wheel trims stayed on :D

With the 5 speed box that's all she could do, nothing more to give..

kWMfhNel.jpg

She does struggle with engine temps on full load runs a bit. It's something that's being looked into but cools down quickly again when driving a bit more "normal" :) 

Edited by AJ7788
  • Like 4