Minty the 1.8t Fantasy Green Fabia

AJ7788

Time for a little update, so I'm booked on the Snetterton track day this coming Monday... In the last few months I've had a few things go wrong, wheel bearings started causing issues, driveshafts are not happy and I went through another gearbox since Worthersee. The 5 speed doesn't seem to be able to cope with the lightened flywheel and spinning up so quick...

On Monday this week the work started - nothing like working under pressure :D

A 6 speed gearbox is currently going in (trying anyway) with new clutch and flywheel, wheel bearings are being done, drive shafts, full service etc etc.

Not much at all :D

FcQyv2Al.jpg

Nzeyh5Gl.jpg

NCdRcFcl.jpg

S7W8UH4l.jpg

kRLd06Bl.jpg

WTY21pNl.jpg

CAaO8p6l.jpg

Edited by AJ7788
  • Like 4

• 8 months later...

Hi all, can't believe it's been so long since the last update but thought it was about time.

So we managed to fit the 6 speed gearbox from a audi a1 petrol - few things needed changing but it works a treat. Always seems to drop down into the power band and just keeps going. Track day went well although started off very wet! Everything on the car seems to have bedded in nicely though.

Since the track day I have been driving it every now and then however life has got really busy and I am now actually moving abroad for a while which means no more minty for me. The good news is that after all the sweat, money and back breaking work that's gone into this build my friend who has done a lot of work with me has taken ownership, so she is in good hands.

This won't be the end as I will be back regularly and plenty more road trips in the future. I also have a Octavia r32 project that needs to be finished at some point, however working away means everything has been paused for now.

Some pics from the track day;

WQiGqeil.jpg

5xjgf0fl.jpg

KWWcdR7l.jpg

KHqEgf6l.jpg

And of the next project - current state;

JqD9VaQl.jpg

sC3Bg8Ul.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...