Minty the 1.8t Fantasy Green Fabia

AJ7788

Need to add the clutch master cylinder on the list to be looked at as clutch pedal went to the floor this morning when cold. Apparently a common issue where the seals go. I lifted the clutch pedal with my foot and been fine after that.

Edited by AJ7788

• 4 weeks later...

Not much of an update really, work has been busy and weather has been rubbish. Managed to pick up a Forge 007p diverter valve for £36 on fleabay :D Also got a SFS oversize TIP on order but that'll take a little while;

J7Ng6wq.jpg

• Like 1

In other news as the MOT has expired I'm in the process of taking out the dash to install some kind of heater matrix and also do some work on the wiring as I think there might be some missing that needs to be there or there's a short somewhere. 

• Like 2

On 1/28/2017 at 13:13, AJ7788 said:

In other news as the MOT has expired I'm in the process of taking out the dash to install some kind of heater matrix and also do some work on the wiring as I think there might be some missing that needs to be there or there's a short somewhere. 

I have a spare heater matrix if your interested 

3 hours ago, skodalad said:

I have a spare heater matrix if your interested 

Thanks mate, got one with the fabia from the original Ibiza. Trying to get that in and working but any issues and I'll give you a shout :)

2 minutes ago, AJ7788 said:

Thanks mate, got one with the fabia from the original Ibiza. Trying to get that in and working but any issues and I'll give you a shout :)

No worries mate, Hope you get it all sorted, If you need anything else let me know 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Lofty said:

Any news on the colour MFD yet?

While trying to work out how to order I missed out on this run. Takes a few months to be built anyway so will be a while unfortunately :(

Noticed the firewall insulation is getting a bit toasty where the turbo sits. Managed to pick up the below one from a diesel fabia which should sort the issue :)

6wGR5ya.jpg

Also tried to take the actual firewall out of the above fabia but gave up after a while :D Will just cut the current fitted one to fit the AC in as it's much much less hassle.

So I might have had a bit of a bargain on eBay for something for the future ;)

Got hold of a set of 4 Siemens 630cc injectors for 1.8t with fuel rail and spacer kit for the grand total of £62! :D 

0v3qRWt.jpg

Basically similar to this kit as far as I can tell;

https://www.awesomegti.com/shop-by-brand/ecs-tuning/siemens-630cc-fuel-injectors-set-of-4-with-fuel-rail-spacers-for-1-8t-engine/

Result I think :)

Edited by AJ7788
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Just a little update - been trying to fix a few annoying issues. One was to find where the leak was which filled the driver's side footwell!

Found it :D where the bonnet release cable used to come through;

dHjlhHN.jpg

Going to be putting the cable back so that'll fix that. Car is covered now so no issues at the moment.

I also decided to redo the interior wiring loom as it's always difficult to take over someone else's work and I also want to add a few "luxuries". Nothing major but just want the option later on if I change my mind.

Managed to pick up a ibiza wiring loom for little money and got cracking...

tqHybwf.jpg

It was at about this point where the cr@p moment hit that it's not the right loom :crying:

Kp0pA2p.jpg

Trying to source the correct interior loom but proving a little harder than first thought. Also need the correct loom for the air con which is proving impossible at the moment.

So that's where we are currently.. :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AJ7788 said:

Just a little update - been trying to fix a few annoying issues. One was to find where the leak was which filled the driver's side footwell!

Found it :D where the bonnet release cable used to come through;

dHjlhHN.jpg

Going to be putting the cable back so that'll fix that. Car is covered now so no issues at the moment.

I also decided to redo the interior wiring loom as it's always difficult to take over someone else's work and I also want to add a few "luxuries". Nothing major but just want the option later on if I change my mind.

Managed to pick up a ibiza wiring loom for little money and got cracking...

tqHybwf.jpg

It was at about this point where the cr@p moment hit that it's not the right loom :crying:

Kp0pA2p.jpg

Trying to source the correct interior loom but proving a little harder than first thought. Also need the correct loom for the air con which is proving impossible at the moment.

So that's where we are currently.. :)

I think danharper recently broke a 1.8t Ibiza mate might be worth a pm, 

I must admit I went too far with the interior loom, I'm sure a new loom would solve all the electrical gremlins it had, what's different with the loom you brought, looks like it's for manual heater? You could always just get a non aircon heater box, to save buying another loom 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TrevorB33 said:

Car was in and out in a weekend and I never bothered taking the loom out. Not sure it would have helped as it was a facelift car... would just add another layer of possible differences.

• Like 1

On 2/24/2017 at 16:27, TrevorB33 said:

I must admit I went too far with the interior loom, I'm sure a new loom would solve all the electrical gremlins it had, what's different with the loom you brought, looks like it's for manual heater? You could always just get a non aircon heater box, to save buying another loom 

Current one had 6 relays and the new one I bought only had 3. Don't know what they're for though, so don't know which ones are missing :D

1 hour ago, AJ7788 said:

Current one had 6 relays and the new one I bought only had 3. Don't know what they're for though, so don't know which ones are missing :D

I know Ross (techie) used his original loom and I think had to just add the power control relay for fuel pump to get it all working, might be worth a pm, 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

A little update, was out of work for a while so everything ground to a halt unfortunately. New job starting soon hopefully so will get everything back on track!

Major one at the moment is getting a Ibiza FR interior loom, no one seems to be able to get one or it's mega bucks. My friend is in the process of building a 1.8t Audi A2 and needs some parts as well so decided to look for a complete car to strip bits off and bin the rest. Just need to find a cheap enough one!

Thanks to help from @pip_vrs I've managed to buy a part stripped Ibiza that I can use for everything I need. Will be collecting soon but need to make some space first with all the project cars around :D 

Also secured an airtec fmic as I think the limp modes are due to intake temps being really high. 

• Like 2

Change of plans again - no longer going for the part stripped car but picked this complete one up yesterday;

sVHmzLa.jpg

Will be stripping parts off the ibiza next week and get the fabia up and running again :)

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...