2017 F1 General Discussion Topic

camelspyyder

Vettel goose cooked.

Not in Q2, back of the grid with no time set due to his Ferrari becoming naturally aspirated.

No wonder it is the last Malaysian GP, poor racing now with no championship battle.

Worth noting that the MotoGP at spang draw much bigger crowds, why?   Because it is a poper spectical and not a dull-fest.

Come on Red Bulls, Torro Rossos and Renault to make it a bit interesting.    

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, lol-lol said:

Vettel goose cooked.

Not in Q2, back of the grid with no time set due to his Ferrari becoming naturally aspirated.

No wonder it is the last Malaysian GP, poor racing now with no championship battle.

Worth noting that the MotoGP at spang draw much bigger crowds, why?   Because it is a poper spectical and not a dull-fest.

Spot on.

...mind you, he does owe HAM (and ALO) his 2007 world title.  Will the truth ever come out how McLaren "threw away" a 17 point lead with only 20 available - and then didn't subsequently get thrown out if F1 over Ferrari-gate...

Edited by camelspyyder

2 hours ago, camelspyyder said:

Mercedes. Slow in FP. Slow in Q1 & Q2. Hamilton finds nine tenth instantly in Q3.  Are they just playing with the others?

Merc just has a higher qualy mode, perhaps burning extra oil in this period?

Maybe. they are allowed to run at the previous oil use limit. They claim that their 4th engines meet the new limit though.

However, HAM appeared to find the speed by binning the new aero package.  Bo77as stuck with it and was slow.

9 hours ago, lol-lol said:

Vettel goose cooked.

The crowds have been dropping since Singapore GP started and they lost the USP of being the only place to see F1 in that part of the world, at least thats what I read. I dont think Moto GP has another race down there so they still have that. 

Just seen the in-car footage from Stroll and Vettel's cars; looks like Seb went round the outside and cut across Stroll too soon. Possible gearbox damage that would result in a 5 place grid penalty if a gearbox change is required - Ferrari seem determined to throw this one away!

I guess he was lucky and the impact broke the lower suspension joints first, then pivoted the wheel upwards, rather than pushing into the gearbox. Damage was probably also prevented due to the cartridge style gearbox.

I don't think either Merc contracted driver is obviously better than Massa, and Kubica has already been rejected by Renault after 2 tests, so I think Felipe will stay and mentor Stroll for one more season.

59 minutes ago, matt1chelski said:

I take back my comments regarding Stroll/Vettel incident after seeing the onboard from Stroll, he didnt move the wheel right at all, 100% Vettel's fault I'm afraid! 

Yup

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/11067518/sky-sports-f1-exclusive-new-footage-of-sebastian-vettel-lance-stroll-crash-released

• Like 1