boot lid

Wonder if anyone can help. I have a skoda fabia estate 09 plate my boot lid when it open, opens like normal but when it gets to the top it bounces as if the gas struts have had it, ive seen some new struts on ebay new. is it a case of just changing struts

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Not changed them before but I would suggest bracing the tailgate with a lump of wood first and changing one at a time as a single strut will not probably hold it up. I think if they are fully extended, they will be a quite simple exchange, though. 

• Thanks 1

My Wife's 09 Fabby did this, it was the Lock not the struts, The lock didn't catch the latch, so it would bounce and not close properly!! Our local dealership did some fettling and sorted it, along with the wiring for the Drivers door (No central locking or power window!) which happened at the same time!! just a tad 'spensive!!

• Like 1