Sasha's Citigo Monte Carlo

SashaGrace

Umbrella holder arrived today and I’ve collected it so that’s ready to fit tomorrow :) Hopefully it’ll be all nice and clean then as well. Will have to find the right tool to get the bolt undone though, I know I’ve got one in the garage somewhere!!

2 hours ago, SashaGrace said:

Umbrella holder arrived today and I’ve collected it so that’s ready to fit tomorrow :) Hopefully it’ll be all nice and clean then as well. Will have to find the right tool to get the bolt undone though, I know I’ve got one in the garage somewhere!!

To remove the seat? It's a Spline I do believe it's a size 12, if you're taking it out completely to fit, good luck with removing the plugs :D 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SashaGrace said:

Thanks both, it’s not coming out totally, just the front 2 bolts want undoing then the holder sliding into place under the seat rails. Won’t take a moment to fit... she says!! ;)

Handy tip to know is torquing the seat runner bolts up to the OEM spec which is 40nm :)

• Thanks 1

So the car is now all clean but Flickr isn’t uploading the pics so let’s just skip to the ones I can do for now

The umbrella holder and umbrella are in and I’m very pleased with them 

5F934E9C-0436-4AA1-88E5-BCBB85C8BE02.thumb.jpeg.ce5fb5c39d55beca969d00975e73c8b7.jpeg

The wheels and tyres came up well considering the wheels haven’t been removed since the day after purchase

E374D776-0107-4637-A777-042C67445788.thumb.jpeg.b32f338ed23f7cbf58f6c777fa59fa2b.jpeg

28360553-C9B6-4F48-AED7-7059BC5B3EC3.thumb.jpeg.c59e379923b227794af857a9d0a8ac5d.jpeg

There is more to come; I’m very happy with the DRL’s particularly with the lights on as the colour appears very uniform now and nice and white. I have finally gotten around to ordering Osram LED’s (as they only come in a pair ofc) for the number plate. They’re due tomorrow and I’ve also sorted a nicer interior light with map lights. I decided to ask the dealer how much a Fabia interior light is so I had a rough idea when calling breakers yards but I ordered there and then when the parts guy came back with £28.50 for a black interior light with the map lights. That pleases me so that’s due on Wednesday. Once that’s in I may do a LED upgrade for the interior lights. If there is one gripe I have it’s that there is no light in the back so getting the little one in in the dark is a chore so I may look into that now it’s getting very dark very early.

More soon!!!

• Like 2

The black interior light sounds tasty and £28.50 is a cracking price! Cheapest on eBay is £40!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Golf-Mk4-GTI-Anniversary-Interior-Light-Black-Bora-Leon-Cupra-Octavia-VRS-/263219609526?epid=644911950&hash=item3d491c7fb6:g:brwAAOSwbihZwrCR

The LED Interior lights are great, did a swap on my light this morning and put LED's in. 

IMG_20170927_095943_453.jpg

• Like 2

Black interior light has arrived today. If anyone is thinking of doing this upgrade, check the dealers first. As with many things they haven’t been as expensive as imagined and I’m very glad I asked about a price for this on the off chance. A breakers yard would want another £10 minimum on top of this to buy a used item, some even more than that!!!

4D8DAB43-1CB9-43F5-8303-6E682F1E50F8.thumb.jpeg.110a0a5eaf2c51deca2602bb74709307.jpeg

Some LED’s may be installed in the future but I need to concentrate on getting it installed first! Will do that over the weekend :)

All sorted and fitted today :) Original light is like this

4387CBC8-D64E-4199-B463-ECE2F161CA21.thumb.jpeg.3adfbdede83865e2d5be889f5dbc2653.jpeg

Pull the glass out and look for the Torx screws

38129B57-C64E-4351-BC37-3BC848992B1B.thumb.jpeg.ca834fe85175997a27b99e339557f34b.jpeg

Then press down the outer tabs and pull it out of the metal cage, be careful not to damage the headlining as it is very flimsy. Once it’s out, unplug the connector and as the Haynes manual used to say, refitting is the reverse of the removal :)

D04CDD8D-6B65-4B14-8F1A-5B1AC86E8D04.thumb.jpeg.2d4f533f59a1b4523c14be9fe848e566.jpeg

Necxt job was to do the number plate light which is very simple

BDF1FFDB-D33C-4E77-921A-7C471FFDE5A5.thumb.jpeg.85429e370543f87c14f924bca285c6d3.jpeg

Press the metal tab which is on the right of the photo and it just pulls out. Pull out the W5W bulb and replace with the new LED.

5F1A1966-74B6-48F0-AEAC-0C13DF3734A5.thumb.jpeg.55988cb296deadaa58d94000b47fc1c1.jpeg

Now just to see how it all looks at night. LED’s to be added to the cabin shortly :)

• Like 1

Night time pics :)70F68F82-9F87-4AD4-A54A-D00291369360.thumb.jpeg.2b5903f1cef0841ef718e468cd235e12.jpeg

I’m a little annoyed, I meant to order the cool LED colour to match the DRL’s but I actually ordered the warm colour which is a nice colour but the car doesn’t match front to back. They’d look nice inside though so I might take it out and put these in the map light with a similar colour centre bulb and use cool LED’s in the plate light.

C5303610-77D2-4688-9CE4-73EE1AE08086.thumb.jpeg.6d3c92a564b2564743cb3c75580d33df.jpeg

Even with the incandescent bulbs this is a massive improvement :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9 September 2017 at 13:36, SashaGrace said:

36528033480_dc6b6f1da6_c.jpg

36753469762_8ee3334c6f_c.jpg

36528019870_d002c0c2f9_c.jpg

Lastly was the auto light conversion, start by removing the old light switch

36753493242_24b0c6e427_c.jpg

IMG_6559 by SashaGrace, on Flickr

Remove the dash side trim and place the control box in there, cable tie to the metal support and run the cable to the switch through the hole.

36753492412_3819ab897f_c.jpg

IMG_6560 by SashaGrace, on Flickr

36528035580_2da4595a96_c.jpg

IMG_6561 by SashaGrace, on Flickr

Route the sensor up to the dash somewhere and stick it down

36924453565_b45cdc157c_c.jpg

IMG_6562 by SashaGrace, on Flickr

I got it here because it is unobtrusive and honestly doesn't catch the eye when you sit inside.

Last thing to do is test it and that's easy! Place a tissue or something over the sensor to make it dark and go for it ;) The convenience function (lights come on for 20 seconds when the car is locked/unlocked in the dark) are activated which is a nice touch.

Please excuse the background chatter, my sniffing and me standing there like a tit pressing the lock button for ages until I realised the drivers door was open! As you can see the lights on the switch are red as it is meant for an up! but that doesn't bother me that much, the fact it's chrome and not black is much more relevant to me tbh

And another test

Then the comfort access at night and showing the lights do go off when commanded lol, the only issue I have found is when the lights come on and the door is opened it does throw a few pings to say the lights are on but it shuts up in the end

Hope that shows all that clearly :D I'm very happy with those mods tbh, really complete the car for me. I am not happy with the PID as it simply doesn't play music from my phone, have re synced them, cleaned the PID mounts, reset the PID, reset the phone, tried 3 different phones and it doesn't play music properly. It skips and goes off and sometimes doesn't play at all, the track ID is never working properly and none of the PID controls work to change track. Also the puncture warning has come on twice since I picked it up so tomorrow will be ringing the dealer to sort those, I think my PID is the one from the display cabinet tbh as they looked a bit sheepish when I asked for it the other day so I will be ensuring a new one is ordered to fix the issue. I have bought the map updates on Fresh with the coupon so thanks for the heads up! 

Will update with how the lights work in the real world and the PID issue when I can and tomorrow as I'm on the phone to them anyway I'll be ordering some rear arch liners :D This mod list keeps growing haha

Hope you've all had a great weekend!

Hi Sasha,

My Auto light switch arrived today, so a project for the weekend.

Did you have to change any fuses, and did you have to set the switch functions up or was it just plug and play?

Also how do you pull the light switch out?

Keep up the good work.

• Like 1

No fuses needed to be changed on mine but some people have also asked me that so it’s something to watch out for. Once you turn the switch from Off to Auto it beeps to let you know the auto function is working. To remove the switch, just set it to Off and push the switch into the dash and turn it toward the sidelight setting, it’ll get about halfway and you should be able to pull the whole thing out and remove the plug :)

Hope that helps :D

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

How do you find the picture quality of the F50? I'm looking for a camera for the Citigo and was looking at reviews which seemed good at first but most say the night time quality is very poor. Bearing in mind the car does a bit of motorway driving in the hours of darkness it needs to be good at night.

My other option will be to fit a Mobius like I have in the barge as the night quality on that is great (even on motorways).... And pricewise it comes out at around £80 for everything needed to hardwire into the car so pretty much the same as the F50.

• Like 1

It’s ok, not as good as a Nextbase 412G running 1080p but good enough. The one time I wanted footage though it was confusing to find but I got there, also once in a blue moon the crash sensor beeps when going over a speed bump but it’s small stuff really, main thing is I’m chuffed with how well hidden and unobtrusive it is :)

On 01/12/2017 at 21:46, SashaGrace said:

It’s ok, not as good as a Nextbase 412G running 1080p but good enough. The one time I wanted footage though it was confusing to find but I got there, also once in a blue moon the crash sensor beeps when going over a speed bump but it’s small stuff really, main thing is I’m chuffed with how well hidden and unobtrusive it is :)

Cheers for that. 

I’ve since found quite a few people saying the crash sensor can be triggered easily by loud music so this has put me off the camera as the mrs has her music playing very loud so I think a few minutes of Foo Fighters or Green Day will be setting it off left, right and centre. :D 

I’m just hoping there is enough space behind the rear view mirror to fit a mobius as the mirror in the Citigo is a lot closer to the windscreen than the one in the Superb. Going to try tomorrow with a spare mount I have and the mobius from out of my superb. 

If not it’ll be back to the drawing board and more camera research. 

Edited by WaveyDavey
  • Like 1

On 03/10/2017 at 22:14, SashaGrace said:

No fuses needed to be changed on mine but some people have also asked me that so it’s something to watch out for. Once you turn the switch from Off to Auto it beeps to let you know the auto function is working. To remove the switch, just set it to Off and push the switch into the dash and turn it toward the sidelight setting, it’ll get about halfway and you should be able to pull the whole thing out and remove the plug :)

Hope that helps :D

I would like to do this modification, but I don't have front fog lights. Do you think this switch would still work?

Also I don't seem to be able to remove the original light switch. I set it to OFF, pushed the switch into the dash okay, but if try and turn towards the sidelight setting (clockwise) nothing happens except it turns the lights on. The switch doesn't seem to want to rotate or move.

Any ideas?

• Like 1