Sasha's Citigo Monte Carlo

SashaGrace

I bought one today as well!

Haha snap ;) I finish work early on a Monday, it's the only reason I could go and do it today!!

Good choice! Looks mint.

Thanks :) will be more mint when I get my hands on it over the weekend. I've asked them not to valet it again, just take the stickers off and I'll do the rest, quick tickle with the machine and seal over in ??? Haven't decided yet :D Something worthy of a brand spanking new car I think!

Will post up pics as and when, will order the boot carpet when I collect the car and then wait for it to arrive from Germany. It's such a shame they don't offer it over here, I imagine they would sell loads!! I can't stand to see the paint on show to that extent but I know it will soon be covered over :)

Thanks :) I didn't think I'd be this excited waiting for a 1.0 60ps city car but it drove so well it was a bit of a revelation. All the other cheap cars on my list I drove were horribly boring apart from this one.

Only a few more sleeps to go!!

Thanks :) I didn't think I'd be this excited waiting for a 1.0 60ps city car but it drove so well it was a bit of a revelation. All the other cheap cars on my list I drove were horribly boring apart from this one.

It's a good choice, a lot of us Citigo owners have come from much higher powered cars, they are good fun and more than capable of munching the miles 

• Like 1

• Administrators

Thanks :) Loving the 20VT, always liked the, as an engine :D

Bit long in the tooth now, but it's not bad for what it is. I personally wouldn't want anything newer for myself, so this is more than enough haha. Love the old skool cars!

Bet you can't wait to pick it up, how long is the warranty on it before you can start modding (if you have nay plans)?

• Like 1

It's a good choice, a lot of us Citigo owners have come from much higher powered cars, they are good fun and more than capable of munching the miles

I'm 170ps down from the C30 but it really doesn't feel like that much! The T5 never really got going until the turbo really came on song. The big reason for changing is 50+ MPG once run in. The Volvo got about 17-23 depending on how it was driven. 29 was the best I ever got out of a tank!

Bit long in the tooth now, but it's not bad for what it is. I personally wouldn't want anything newer for myself, so this is more than enough haha. Love the old skool cars!Bet you can't wait to pick it up, how long is the warranty on it before you can start modding (if you have nay plans)?

Old is best IMO just have no time anymore to tinker heavily on a daily, just need a car to get in and go. It's a 3 year warranty and I'm likely to hand it back after 3.5 years so probably only cosmetic mods like the callipers and drums being painted etc. Nothing serious mod wise I don't think tbh. Watch the space I suppose ;)

• Administrators

Old is best IMO just have no time anymore to tinker heavily on a daily, just need a car to get in and go. It's a 3 year warranty and I'm likely to hand it back after 3.5 years so probably only cosmetic mods like the callipers and drums being painted etc. Nothing serious mod wise I don't think tbh. Watch the space I suppose ;)

Too right! Ah that's a shame, but enjoy the car, let's hope you pick it up Friday!

• Like 1

I've had plenty of fast cars, including a Stage 2+ Octavia VRS running 280BHP, and my 60PS VW Up is more fun than all the rest put together.

Its too easy to go fast in a fast car... its more fun keeping the 60PS in the power band to get the most out of it, and it shifts along nicely when required (Plus you won't lose your licence having fun!)

Enjoy the car, and indeed the site.

(btw a black roof does look nice on a white car (but I am biased!  :D )

Cheers

Damo

Edited by Damo
  • Like 2

I definitely agree, this is the lowest powered car I've ever had but it drove so well and I haven't even driven my actual car yet! That'll be exciting getting to drive it away Friday.

Finance has all gone through today so confirmed pick up a Friday weather depending (it may snow here!) ready for the weekend detail and hopefully mod session if some of my purchases arrive on time. Now I know 100% I'm having it I have ordered from my mod list

LED DRL's

Osram Cool Blue Intense H4 bulbs

LED number plate light

Auto light switch and sensor, this one I was on the fence about but have decided it's worth it, won't arrive till end of the month though

Boot side carpet from Germany

Tomorrow I'm back at the parts department to order

Rubber mats

Rubber boot mat

Variable boot floor

Parcel shelf strings

Already spending through the £500 free fuel card haha. Got my calliper paint sorted and starting to look at metal pedal covers, had them in the Volvo as it was an R-Design and I feel they would lift the cabin nicely, I hear TT pedals fit, do any others? Skoda did me the favour of not badging the car from factory so that's something else I don't have to do! Need to order a nice key ring now I think :)

Reg plate has been assigned so sorted the gap insurance out, despite the dealers insistsnce theirs was the best I'm not stupid to fork out over £500 when I knew I could get it for £150. As it happens I'm paying £145 which I'm happy about. I've asked them not to fit the number plates either as I'll do that and ensure I remove the sticky pads left behind from the Citigo dealer plate and ensure they are stuck on straight! It doesn't please my inner car harmony when these things aren't right!

Theses fit perfectly > http://www.germanautopartsdirect.co.uk/AUDI-AUDI-TT-MK1-INTERIOR/c1_34_83/p3559/STAINLESS-STEEL-PEDAL-RUBBERS/product_info.html

Make sure you get the LHD accelerator pedal as the curve fits better for RHD Citigo's

I had those exact ones in my Citigo Sport and they were perfect.

For my Up, I tried a cheap set off ebay and ended up binning them

• Like 1

The pedals are also available as a full set from the dealer.... Part number is FCA000001. They are for the mk1 Fabia & Octy vRS cars. I know Bickerton Skoda parts dept in Sheffield could get them in next day when I asked back in September. I didn't bother in the end as I fell on a nearly new set from a member on here that only cost me the £3 postage. :)

http://www.skodaparts.com/product/octavia-and-fabia-stainless-steel-pedal-kit-21534

Know what you mean about the GAP insurance. Dealer wanted £200 I think for 3 years cover..... I got a 4 year policy from GAPinsurance . co . uk  for £90 with the Briskoda Freedom member discount. :D

Edited by WaveyDavey
  • Like 1

Those look great thanks, would deffo rather them than a cheap set, I loved them in my Volvo which were these

15A5255B-2D82-49E6-B009-CA5A48993C10_zps

I know the mats weren't clean!

Just done some more shopping and bought genuine chrome valve caps cheaper than the dealer were selling and gel registration plates now I know the plate so I don't mind the dealer fitting them so much now I know I'll be changing them straight away :D

I definitely agree, this is the lowest powered car I've ever had but it drove so well and I haven't even driven my actual car yet! That'll be exciting getting to drive it away Friday.

Finance has all gone through today so confirmed pick up a Friday weather depending (it may snow here!) ready for the weekend detail and hopefully mod session if some of my purchases arrive on time. Now I know 100% I'm having it I have ordered from my mod list

LED DRL's

Osram Cool Blue Intense H4 bulbs

LED number plate light

Auto light switch and sensor, this one I was on the fence about but have decided it's worth it, won't arrive till end of the month though

Boot side carpet from Germany

Tomorrow I'm back at the parts department to order

Rubber mats

Rubber boot mat

Variable boot floor

Parcel shelf strings

This looks great, can I ask why did you order parcel shelf strings?

Is it worth me ordering some?

As for

LED DRL's  is that the change for a standard bulb for a brighter one

Osram Cool Blue Intense H4 bulbs -  Can I ask how much?  

LED number plate light - What is this mod, I have googled but can find it?  Unless its this one http://www.upownersclub.co.uk/forum/license-plate-bulb-rear_topic1741.html or http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/303808-citigo-rear-number-plate-bulbs/  

Yeah just noticed that myself...... The 2016 car comes with parcel shelf strings already. Think it was added in 2015 or 2016. Our June 2016 built colour edition has them.

Edited by WaveyDavey

Another mod for you is the upgraded interior light..... I got the same style unit as is in the mk1 Fabia vRS, but in grey not black, with three lights (1 Main and 2 map lights). Cost me £12 delivered I think and was from a Seat that had only done 10,000 so was like new.

Edited by WaveyDavey
  • Like 1

As for

LED DRL's is that the change for a standard bulb for a brighter one

Osram Cool Blue Intense H4 bulbs - Can I ask how much?

LED number plate light - What is this mod, I have googled but can find it? Unless its this one http://www.upownersclub.co.uk/forum/license-plate-bulb-rear_topic1741.html or http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/303808-citigo-rear-number-plate-bulbs/

I haven't done it yet but I believe from a browse of the up! forum someone has found a Seat part number, I'll know more tomorrow. The plate light is a W5W bulb like a sidelight usually is, I thought it'd match the front LED's nicely.

LED DRL is just to be less yellow, really noticeable when the car is white IMO. I changed every bulb in my C30 as the lights were on all the time being a Volvo!

Cool Blue Intense are my favourite bulbs, give a near xenon look for £11.95 from HID's direct, also got LED plate light and DRL's from them to save postage. They tie in nicely with the LED's.

Yeah just noticed that myself...... The 2016 car comes with parcel shelf strings already. Think it was added in 2015 or 2016. Our June 2016 built colour edition has them.

Interesting, my car doesn't have them so I don't know when it was built, I was under the impression it was a 16MY.

Another mod for you is the upgraded interior light..... I got the same style unit as is in the mk1 Fabia vRS, but in grey not black, with three lights (1 Main and 2 map lights). Cost me £12 delivered I think and was from a Seat that had only done 10,000 so was like new.

Hmmmm, will look! Must stop spending haha :)

Those pedals look spot on as well, may have to get a set of them!

Edited by SashaGrace

The reason I'm thinking the strings were added in 2015 is that they would have been added at the MY16 spec which would have started to have been built mid to late 2015 onwards???

The Skoda app will tell you when the car was built if you have the VIN number. Ours shows as built 5th May 2016. It wasn't registered till the end of September when we bought it though.

Just found this post from July 2015...... http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/365721-oem-rear-boot-light/?p=4333181 So they've been fitting the parcel shelf with strings and a boot light for around 18 months now. I don't think they would have a car in a showroom that was built over 18 months ago.

I think I'd be asking the dealer some questions..... Rather than buying them yourself.