Retro fit Auto Headlights!

1 hour ago, fabiamk2SE said:

Ive ordered some H7 Autobeam LED’s and they didnt fit. Could get the metal clip around them. 

Returned them and had to hassle them for about 2 weeks for a refund which i got slowly in bits and bobs. Had to keep doing the maths for them until i got the full amount. 

They didnt want to refund me postage or return postage even though it says on their site that they should fit my car. Got there in the end...

You need adaptors for leds to fit.  

22 hours ago, fabiamk2SE said:

EPC i think is the code for a failed brake light switch. 

I had it on a Polo. VW wanted £70 just to disgnose even though its a common problem. So i took a punt on a £15 switch and won. 

Thats the kiddie! You were the lucky one then, I paid the money to get it done, prior to the information!

Those clips AMD87 showed, look neater and better then mine. I paid about that price as in a hurry but could have paid around half for my slightly flimsy looking ones but they do the job. Those ones look like they will be easier to fix into place. 

fabiamk2se, you also have to slide off the circular, three-pronged thing that SHOULD come with the bulbs... Slide it off, slide the adapter rings on and re-fit the ring. That holds the adapter in, sort of. You can also twist the bulbs to get your preferred angle of beam, as they light top and bottom, so to speak. Might make the output nicer.

3 hours ago, mrgf said:

Thats the kiddie! You were the lucky one then, I paid the money to get it done, prior to the information!

Live and learn mate. I didnt really know, just googled and gambled before i had VCDS. 

3 hours ago, mrgf said:

Those clips AMD87 showed, look neater and better then mine. I paid about that price as in a hurry but could have paid around half for my slightly flimsy looking ones but they do the job. Those ones look like they will be easier to fix into place. 

fabiamk2se, you also have to slide off the circular, three-pronged thing that SHOULD come with the bulbs... Slide it off, slide the adapter rings on and re-fit the ring. That holds the adapter in, sort of. You can also twist the bulbs to get your preferred angle of beam, as they light top and bottom, so to speak. Might make the output nicer.

Brill. Might be worth another try then. What do you think to them? 

Ive got leds on the bike and theyre ace. Always had hids in projectors but new to retrofitting leds. 

Would prefer them though? If similar output?

Hello there, i bought the kit above for my Fabia Mk2 Vrs MY2012

http://www.cars-equipment.com/en/shop/multifunction-switches-buttons-7/auto-headlight-switch-light-sensor-for-2/

in the package not included manual for installation or instructions for everything

i ve install this kit in my Car but as other members fuse 35 (5A) went off , and  no dash lights

the Auto switch is not in Right dimension , can not be fited in my Fabia , and the worst of all 110 euros for this carbage..........

I have send 2 emails to the super duper seller and now I am waiting for his response  

About fuse 35 , is there any solution ?

Best regards

VV

P80303-224359.jpg

P80303-190538.jpg

P80303-163342.jpg

P80303-162849.jpg

4WDDSG have you got HIDs installed?

I changed fuse 35 for a 7.5A but that didn’t help, I then changed fuses 36/57/58 to 20A fuses but that didn’t help either, it still blew fuse35, so I returned the item.

however, when reading someone else’s instructions, I believe I should have changed fuse 23 (sidelights) to a 20A fuse.  

So try changing fuse 23 to a 20A fuse and see how what happens.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, globalste said:

4WDDSG have you got HIDs installed?

I changed fuse 35 for a 7.5A but that didn’t help, I then changed fuses 36/57/58 to 20A fuses but that didn’t help either, it still blew fuse35, so I returned the item.

however, when reading someone else’s instructions, I believe I should have changed fuse 23 (sidelights) to a 20A fuse.  

So try changing fuse 23 to a 20A fuse and see how what happens.

No my friend oem halogen I have in my Fabia vrs

Perhaps the changing of sidelight fuses is due to when you set them to come on with the indicator stalk, (Key out, left or right signal on) BOTH sides light up not just one.

Although this is from a different supplier, I would have thought it would slot in... Have you pushed/twisted the unit properly? (As in method for fitting or removing from dashboard).

3 hours ago, mrgf said:

Perhaps the changing of sidelight fuses is due to when you set them to come on with the indicator stalk, (Key out, left or right signal on) BOTH sides light up not just one.

Although this is from a different supplier, I would have thought it would slot in... Have you pushed/twisted the unit properly? (As in method for fitting or removing from dashboard).

It is not possible my friend , the only way to fit the auto light switch is to increase the diameter of the switch hole in dash board, not good idea.

When I fitted my auto light kit all worked ok except the front side lights. They don’t work at all. 

If I return it back to factory fix everything works as it should.  

Not sure if it’s the switch or auto control box just behind it. 

I’m not sure the Skoda forum is the place to resolve your buying problem though.

there are different sizes of switch for the VAG, from memory the Fabia is a round one, others have an oval shape.

i would suggest you create a dispute via eBay or Paypal and let them know it is not correct/as described and you wish to return it for a full refund.

On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 21:54, globalste said:

I’m not sure the Skoda forum is the place to resolve your buying problem though.

there are different sizes of switch for the VAG, from memory the Fabia is a round one, others have an oval shape.

i would suggest you create a dispute via eBay or Paypal and let them know it is not correct/as described and you wish to return it for a full refund.

Do you think that i want Skoda Forum to resolve my problem?

I bought this carbage no with pay pal but with another way of payment .

Payment method CSOB bank - Pay Online

no dispute , no anything i  can do to protect my self

Edited by 4WDDSG6

On 3/3/2018 at 23:21, fabiamk2SE said:

Brill. Might be worth another try then. What do you think to them? 

I am loving them! I am about to try getting some H4 Foglight ones now! I did put up some pictures so I'll Try adding them again. Got LED tail-lights and sidelights, too.

Have a look under the thread   HEADLIGHT BULB REPLACEMENT. On the 3rd page, (Last posts), I have piccies of my car with the LED sides and headlights. Planning the fogs now as they look too yellow!