Retro fit Auto Headlights!

On 20/02/2017 at 15:28, AMD87 said:

How did you get the coming and leaving home lights to work.

been trying for an hour now the instructions say this

6D03B4E2-454F-478F-8658-821DD9210E7B_zps I'm guessing that means ignition off ?

but when I do that it doesn't beep also now if I turn the lights on manually there isn't a beeping noise when I open the door

Did you manage to get the ch/lh lights to work or was your issue the fuse? I'm having the same issue as you quote above where there's no beep when trying to activate ch/lh but everything works other than that??

12 minutes ago, MarkTB said:

Did you manage to get the ch/lh lights to work or was your issue the fuse? I'm having the same issue as you quote above where there's no beep when trying to activate ch/lh but everything works other than that??

I took it off, haven't refitted it yet. 

When all the interior lights failed I checked the fuses I thought it was (sidelights and interior ones) and they were fine and then took the kit off in case it was that when I was doing my trouble shooting. 

21 hours ago, AMD87 said:

I took it off, haven't refitted it yet. 

When all the interior lights failed I checked the fuses I thought it was (sidelights and interior ones) and they were fine and then took the kit off in case it was that when I was doing my trouble shooting. 

My mum has noticed today that the Instrument Cluster lighting wasn't working (as well as mfsw). Checked tonight and fuse 17 has blown - manual says Light Switch Power Supply on her 2015, don't understand the mfsw not working though as that's on fuse 22?? (Fuse 17 on my wifes 2011 is drl's...), replaced and it blew again - 5amp. Could a bigger fuse be required due to additional current draw of the module itself, however small as it will still be greater than the switch itself??

My dad has removed it for the time being. Also says the right scroll on the mfsw still isn't working and all other fuses checked and OK. Is this a coincidence or is the manual wrong with regards to which fuse is which, and could this fuse blowing have affected the mfsw buttons??

8 hours ago, JGrindel said:

After all these are Chinese cheap kits... maybe the kits faulty :/  

Very true and that was my next port-of-call before the issues above, but looking at the fuse layout between my wifes 2010 fl and my mums 2015 (64reg) Skoda changed the wiring and i'm wondering if that may also be a factor (looking at online manuals they seemed to change around the time they did the new badge/steering wheel update early/mid 2013)??

15 minutes ago, MarkTB said:

My mum has noticed today that the Instrument Cluster lighting wasn't working (as well as mfsw). Checked tonight and fuse 17 has blown - manual says Light Switch Power Supply on her 2015, don't understand the mfsw not working though as that's on fuse 22?? (Fuse 17 on my wifes 2011 is drl's...), replaced and it blew again - 5amp. Could a bigger fuse be required due to additional current draw of the module itself, however small as it will still be greater than the switch itself??

My dad has removed it for the time being. Also says the right scroll on the mfsw still isn't working and all other fuses checked and OK. Is this a coincidence or is the manual wrong with regards to which fuse is which, and could this fuse blowing have affected the mfsw buttons??

I've put a 7.5 amp fuse in that one now, that was the one that went on mine. 

Cant remember if the mfsw stopped working though 

18 minutes ago, MarkTB said:

Very true and that was my next port-of-call before the issues above, but looking at the fuse layout between my wifes 2010 fl and my mums 2015 (64reg) Skoda changed the wiring and i'm wondering if that may also be a factor (looking at online manuals they seemed to change around the time they did the new badge/steering wheel update early/mid 2013)??

Hmmm does make sense regarding the new wheel etc as they also changed the design on the EGR on diesels so they might have gone through a mini facelift on the inside. 

15 minutes ago, MarkTB said:

I've put a 7.5 amp fuse in that one now, that was the one that went on mine. 

Cant remember if the mfsw stopped working though 

just put one of these into mine, the autolight works fine but the coming home / leaving home light flash the sidelights and rear lights etc, is there a way to get them to stay on and use the headlights?

On ‎20‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 15:28, AMD87 said:

How did you get the coming and leaving home lights to work.

been trying for an hour now the instructions say this

6D03B4E2-454F-478F-8658-821DD9210E7B_zps I'm guessing that means ignition off ?

but when I do that it doesn't beep also now if I turn the lights on manually there isn't a beeping noise when I open the door

On ‎15‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 22:27, T2000 said:

just put one of these into mine, the autolight works fine but the coming home / leaving home light flash the sidelights and rear lights etc, is there a way to get them to stay on and use the headlights?

Try setting the Headlight function as above, 'AUTO-HEADLIGHT-AUTO' with ignition on.

Instructions aren't the best, mine was supplied with Chinese but managed to find a different listing with the full English guide included - still trying to figure out what they mean by 'Clearance Lamps' though. lol.

Tried but to no avail, auto lights work fine side lights come on first then headlights but the ch/lh lights just flash the sidelights for about 30 seconds, don't know if it makes a difference but I have the smaller version as per post 3 but an Octavia switch, the module just plugs in the back no cable ties needed, need to learn Chinese ;-)

Never mind then, different type.

Have you changed the bulbs or are they standard? 

I've got standard headlight bulbs and LED sidelights and mine all works perfectly.

when the sun starts setting my sidelights switch on, then abit darker the headlights switch on.

For the coming home lights, if it's dark outside and I unlock the car the headlights and sidelights switch on and stay on for around 15 seconds.

There was a setting in the maxidot as I have the LE it's like a fl dash, DRL are off now, stupid question but what did they actually do?

Anyway mine is standard bulbs, I'm with you all the way until the coming home lights, it's dark I lock or unlock the car and the sidelights flash for about 30 seconds but not the headlights nor do they stay on?

Edited by T2000

Lol, I have been a bit dense about the DRL's, I understand now as I don't really need them as the auto lights will illuminate in low light including the rear, not a fan of DRL's so they are off.

I have had a play and managed to **** it up and left with sidelights only haha, reset it and got a couple of beeps, auto lights working but back to the flashing ch/lh lights, it's no biggie as they do illuminate enough albeit I have to walk across the yard in stages in the pitch black, I'm sure I'll sort it out some how.

Thanks for the help though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Tried refitting this again and it's still being a pia. 

When on the switch when you turn sidelights on does anyone drls also stay on? And again sidelights on fogs on the drls stay on and now only turn off when you go fully to headlights. 

My wife's DRL's stay on with the sidelight position now, but that isn't a problem as the law states that any DRL's must go out/dim when headlights are turned on, so it still adheres to the law.

No tried with front fogs, but then again don't drive with sides+front fogs. :)

• Like 1