Hutchysrs50 - MK2 Fabia Monte Carlo

hutchysrs50

Few more updates.

Got the wheels refurbished and powder coated, just standard colour basically black magic!

got four brand new centre caps and four new tyres as well so hopefully I can forget about them for a long time!

IMG_3342.jpg

IMG_3396.jpg

• Like 2

My car never came with a spare wheel, just a repair kit. At least I assume that's what should be in its space... I only have a tow eye and that's it!

IMG_3387.jpg

So that's been replaced with a 16" spare wheel and full tool kit!

IMG_3389.jpg

• Like 2

Give the car a really good detailing over the last few days. It got...

Washed with AG shampoo, jet washed off, clay bared with detailing spray, wet sanded a few areas, deep machine polish with G3 cutting compound, polished with AG finishing polish, waxed with Aqua wax then hard waxed with AG HD finish wax. It's taken me a few days to do but is finally done. Few bits that need attention like the wide body arches but they can wait...

IMG_3391.jpg

IMG_3393.jpg

IMG_3397.jpg

Did I mention I fitted mud flaps purely just to help keep the paint clean! And H&R springs for the sake of it.

• Like 2

I'm actually not a big fan of mud flaps but once I fitted them and stood back, loved them! ...but they really do stop the dirt spraying up the side of the car.

I just looked on eBay for some, turns out the guy lived two minutes away so went and collected them. Was £8 for a set, quality looks great on them and they fitted fine. (56mm)

• 3 months later...

mate.....you're a f*****g GOD! Are you a car mechanic or something? I tried to take the engine shield off and a crappy screw wouldn't come off, took me ages. You seem to dismantle and build these cars up like a pro. I would have never thought to look for leather Ibiza seats or to do that leather stuff with the door. Well done man....well done

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Dark_Hero said:

How did you do the doorcards? Professional trim or DIY?

Did eveeything myself, I’ve done it a few times before so not totally new to it. On the Mk2 it’s definitely not for the faint hearted mind :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dark_Hero said:

Good work, ever done a mk1?

Funnily enough I haven’t!

If I had some door cards spare I would do a leather set for someone. I’ve got sport seats so don’t really need to retrim my mk1

Edited by hutchysrs50
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...