Hutchysrs50 - MK2 Fabia Monte Carlo

hutchysrs50

I paid £150 for the complete axle, so was a decent price I thought with the calipers, discs, pads, brake pipes and handbrake cables, basically everything that's needed.

I've currently got 4 brand new shock absorbers, new top mounts and bearings, new 20mm shorter drop links and new... genuine "approved" lowering kit made by vw and eibach which is 30mm lowering front and back :)

Not had a chance to do much on the Monte but I've almost got everything ready to lower it.

The springs are the "Genuine Approved" kit in the accessory guide made by VW and eibach.

IMG_2554.jpg

I fitted new suspension to my OTHER Fabia before I fitted coilovers which I've kept in the garage so fitting the springs on those shocks since they have literally done about 500 mile and been fitted for around 2 month.

IMG_2556.jpg

Anyway...

I've been busy working on my other Fabia... (that's right, I had 3) it's got the 1.9 PD engine and is based more on the mk1 so thought I would have ago at fitting the seat sport FMIC and hard pipe kit.... it worked!

IMG_2566.jpg

• Like 4

On 4/22/2017 at 22:24, hutchysrs50 said:

Anyway...

I've been busy working on my other Fabia... (that's right, I had 3) it's got the 1.9 PD engine and is based more on the mk1 so thought I would have ago at fitting the seat sport FMIC and hard pipe kit.... it worked!

IMG_2566.jpg

On 4/22/2017 at 22:24, hutchysrs50 said:

Did the front mount fit no problems? or did you have to modify the slam panel or crash bar? 

39 minutes ago, tobyelliott said:

Did the front mount fit no problems? or did you have to modify the slam panel or crash bar? 

Plenty of modifying needed.

its got a 2011 facelift front end on to start with.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah sure, that's what I was thinking...

I see a lot of people who get Coilovers, get the adjustable ones...but I'm not sure whether to get adjustable or Mondeo ones when I get the coilovers

• 2 weeks later...
On 22 April 2017 at 22:24, hutchysrs50 said:

Not had a chance to do much on the Monte but I've almost got everything ready to lower it.

The springs are the "Genuine Approved" kit in the accessory guide made by VW and eibach.

IMG_2554.jpg

I fitted new suspension to my OTHER Fabia before I fitted coilovers which I've kept in the garage so fitting the springs on those shocks since they have literally done about 500 mile and been fitted for around 2 month.

IMG_2556.jpg

Anyway...

IMG_2566.jpg

Hi hutchy, great work all round on your monte, would you have a link for the eibach springs please?

• 4 weeks later...
On 22/05/2017 at 22:40, ROS63 said:

Hi hutchy, great work all round on your monte, would you have a link for the eibach springs please?

Just seeing this now, I've purchased coilovers if you are interested in the springs, still never fitted them :D

Been so busy playing with clusters and ECUs I haven't had much of a chance to update about the monte. The silver mk2 I fitted the intercooler to has been finished today. Fitted a PD140 hybrid turbo and some PD130 injectors and wrote a remap file to around 160bhp so that's done!

----------------

Now back to the beauty.

I fitted a K&N cone in a box filter and larger cold air feed from a different vehicle, was pretty much twice the size to standard so a good oem upgrade

IMG_2634.jpg

IMG_2635.jpg

IMG_2637.jpg

My led lights had started to flicker so replaced them with some better ones, give off a nice white colour

IMG_3069.jpg

And of course needed the DRLs changed to LED as well. One of the standard bulbs had blown ages ago so switched them off instead of replacing so had to change them both anyway!

IMG_3068.jpg

On 19/06/2017 at 18:27, stevobeavo said:

My that's a big cone you have lol. Did you ever do the cone in the box a a MK1? If you did would you know the size needed.

Cars looks good mate. 

Haha, it's actually the correct one for the car, the standard air filter is similar cone shape so happy days.

if you look on euro car parts website and use my reg or any other 1.6 Fabia look for k&n filter. On my mk1 I used a jabbasport cone in a box filter.

11 hours ago, dan4291 said:

Do you have a link to the LED sidelights?

I do actually, I got 4 for the price difference between 2 and 4. I also got the 10smd option.

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/T10-501-W5W-Car-Side-Light-5630-SMD-Bulbs-Error-Free-Canbus-LED-Xenon-HID-White-/132063912734?var=&hash=item1ebf9f631e%3Am%3Am4UX74Ho7KEWT6_qcVTQpOQ&_trkparms=pageci%3A9bb77de0-55fd-11e7-900e-74dbd18085ef%7Cparentrq%3Ac75c5ea215c0aa47437ab513fffa41e3%7Ciid%3A1

Edited by hutchysrs50

So I've wanted to add a sub and amp in the boot but the problem being I want to keep the Columbus head unit fitted. 

As some of you will know the Columbus & factory wiring has no outlets to plug into.... so I've had to make my own wiring loom to plug in a sub and amp.

I've also had to change long coding with VCDS to change voltages/outputs of wiring from the back of the radio to allow this to work. It's abit of a chew on start to finish but will be worth it for me.

IMG_3256.jpg

IMG_3257.jpg

• Like 1

Thank you :)

Every days a school day.

For fitting my sub and amp I needed a remote live to switch it on and off so it doesn't flatten the battery. I had 3 options.

1 - Live feed from the battery with a switch somewhere inside the car to flick on and off

2 - change more wiring and coding from the radio so it thinks it has a multi-changer fitted which then enables a live when the radio is on (I struggled with this and the wiring is very small and thin)

3 - Wire it in from scratch, take a live feed from the bus bar behind the dash and wire it into the fuse box. 

So I went with 3, I was pleased to see a heavy duty bus bar that was switched live so worked perfect for what I needed. I had factory pins to link it into the fuse box so just popped in a 3A fuse and ran the wire to the boot, worked perfect!

Fitted my wiring loom, had a fight getting everything behind the radio but managed after half an hour making sure nothing was getting pulled or twisted.

The earth I just used from the rear boot latch for now.

Everything works perfectly and I'm over the moon with it! It performs so much better than I remember, I don't care if they seem chavvy or for boy racers because the first song that came on nearly shook my reg plate off the car and put a massive smile on my face :D

also to keep this post popular, I'll put a picture on. I've got a few sets of shocks and springs now so thought I would compare 

standard, eibach sport, H&R 40mm

IMG_3266.jpg

• Like 1

I also replaced my standard Dance Radio with Kenwood DNX 521 and added the Sub to the standard Set Up....The sound is amazing and I love it.

I also don't care if that's chavvy or for boy racers :)  It sounds great and that's all that matters to me :thumbup:

• Like 1

So the car sits lower with the H&R springs. I also fitted shorter drop links to match the lowered suspension. The car got brand new shockers front and back, new rear top mounts, new front strut top bearings and top mounts and new H&R springs with again... new shorter drop links.

(Sneak peak of the sub in the boot)

IMG_3298.jpg

You can also see the rally style mud flaps I fitted front and back.

IMG_3189.jpg

Sits really nice and ride quality is basically the same as standard.

IMG_3308.jpg

Just so people know I used Mondeo drop links which are about an inch shorter so perfect for lowering springs.

IMG_3293.jpg

• Like 1