Front Assist not available....

I got this message yesterday - wasn't doing anything unusual, just while I was doing about 50mph in evening.  I thought it might just reset itself if I switched the ignition on and off a few times but its still there today.  I did get it last week as well but there was snow so that was the issue then.  There is nothing physically obvious that is impacting the front sensor.  I don't have ACC, just the standard front assist.  First real issue so far but doesn't affect driving of course so not overly concerned.  I need to get the windscreen washer nozzles adjusted anyway so will get it to the dealer later this week.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, awhitham said:

Did you get the front Assist fixed? My Octavia has just developed ACC and FA errors.

Sorry, with all the time I spend on here I completely forgot to update on my own topic!!  Had it in the dealers and they passed it on to Skoda Ireland and the software with the front assist needs to be reprogrammed as it wasn't set up properly in the factory.  That's what they are telling me anyway.  What seems a little bizarre though is that there are apparently only three dealers in Ireland that have the software to carry this out which seems a bit odd!??  I don't think they are fobbing me off though as it would be less time consuming for them to just get it sorted there and then and they are quite knowledgeable generally.  Anyway, I need to go back at some stage and have it taken to one of the other three dealers to have it reprogrammed.  I'm very busy for the next while so will probably just pop into the closest of those dealers some day when I am passing there.  They said they have had one or two back in with similar issues.  I don't have ACC, just front assist.

• Like 1

Hope you get sorted soon mate. Curious how you ordered front assist in ireland without acc? When I was ordering my car they had to be ordered together as in if I wanted one I had to order the other. Cheers.

6 hours ago, CTRob said:

Hope you get sorted soon mate. Curious how you ordered front assist in ireland without acc? When I was ordering my car they had to be ordered together as in if I wanted one I had to order the other. Cheers.

Front assist comes as standard in Ireland on the Mk III - you shouldn't have been told that you needed to order it

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Legacy said:

Front assist comes as standard in Ireland on the Mk III - you shouldn't have been told that you needed to order it

I know standard cruise control comes as standard in Ireland but are you sure you aren't confusing this with front assist? Is there somewhere you saw front assist advertised as standard on Irish spec cars?

10 hours ago, CTRob said:

I know standard cruise control comes as standard in Ireland but are you sure you aren't confusing this with front assist? Is there somewhere you saw front assist advertised as standard on Irish spec cars?

Just to clarify (as also pointed out above), front assist wasn't an option.  Front assist is fitted as standard across all Superbs.  It does work well BTW as I experienced it in action, a couple of days after I bought the car, when another car suddenly stopped in front in me!   ACC is an option in Ireland and I didn't select that so I just have front assist with no ACC.  I will be getting it looked at next week and I will update then.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update on this.  I had the front assist system recalibrated today and all working fine now.  I was told that the system was allegedly not set correctly originally I.e. In the factory.  The dealer said he had seen a few come in with this issue.  It was a bit of a hassle getting this job done though as I had to travel a few hours to the nearest dealer that seemingly had the equipment to do this.

• 2 months later...

I took delivery of a Sportline last Friday with ACC and the day after we travelled down to the Isle of Wight so was using the ACC. At some point near Southampton, the warning flashed up that front assist is unavailable and this has remained all week. Have tried turning it off on the infotainment, but warning light is still there.

Will be taking it back to the dealer on my return. 

Anyone else experienced this issue ? 

On 4/21/2017 at 09:58, Johnnie41 said:

I took delivery of a Sportline last Friday with ACC and the day after we travelled down to the Isle of Wight so was using the ACC. At some point near Southampton, the warning flashed up that front assist is unavailable and this has remained all week. Have tried turning it off on the infotainment, but warning light is still there.

Will be taking it back to the dealer on my return. 

Anyone else experienced this issue ? 

Yeah had the same issue. The acc should be recalibrated. take it to the dealer.

I had the same problem with my Superb. The Front Assist unavailable warning came on soon after some goon overtook me then cut across to go down a side road. I took it to my local Skoda dealer who inspected it and told me that I must have had a collision (despite there being no mark whatever) and that I would have to pay £200 to get it recalibrated. I reminded him that I had purchased 6 cars from them and that it should be done on warranty but he wasn't going to budge so I walked out telling them that our relationship was at an end. Booked it into the next local Skoda dealer who said that he knew of this problem and so is booked in to be sorted out in a couple of weeks time under warranty.

• 1 year later...

The Company I work for has a brand new Karoq with the same issue. It was in a main Skoda dealer for a day, they gave it back saying they found nothing!

Edited by NigelB