Kodiaq Owners Register

BoxerBoy

5 hours ago, bigboss said:

Depending on how you spec it, you can have a SIM card slot.

I see. I don't think I did. Couldn't find any SIM card slot.

Another thing I wanted to ask what you all think of gap insurance. My car is in PCH is it worth as I don't have a balloon payment to pay at the end. 

If you have 0% finance, no need.

If you have low rate, work out the costs for cover vs likely out of pocket costs in the event of a write off.

Any half decent insurance company will replace a brand new car like for like if written off within the first year.

All I am saying is its not something you should buy automatically.

Of course, do not buy anything automatically. I'm not aware of any 0% deals for the Kodiaq though, and people need to consider the subsequent years as well (and check their existing policy for what cover they get during the first year).

• 4 weeks later...

Swapped my five year old Superb L&K Diesel 170 DSG for a Kodiaq Edition Diesel 190 DSG a week ago.

So far so good, all the bells and whistles that I ordered with it seem to work well and I particularly like the new large capacitive touch screen. I didn't want or need seven seats but I'm stuck with them as they aren't optional on the Edition and, while it's certainly not as refined as the Superb, with it being taller I don't have to fold and unfold my large old body to get in and out of it - at my age that is a huge relief!

Edited by timbear
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Count me in to the club - picked mine up last night and immediately put 150miles on it.

Love the driving position, comfort level, ride and responsiveness (and mine is only a 1.4Tsi 150PS 4WD DSG Edition).

MPG is a bit low @35mpg atm but from hearing others I believe that will improve as the engine beds in.

• 3 weeks later...

Chopped our yeti in this afternoon & picked up our new Kodiaq edition with the 180 tfsi lump.

Really pleased with it so far. Specced it in cappucino beige with a tow bar for bike rack duties, child pack (rear blinds, central childproof door locking) partition nets, teeny tiny spare wheel & canton (foc from the launch event) and area view.

Edition 2.0 TDI SCR 190PS 4x4 DSG auto (7 seats) 5d. Arrived on 14 July 2017. Did 200 miles next day no problem. Have handed in Yeti and Octavia for 1 big lump of luxury as 2 cars are a premium we do not need. Delighted with Kodiaq - came with free bear. Plenty of room for dogs and us.

First time with DSG and that is weird to say the least. No hand brake, redundant left foot and reversing takes a bit of getting use to at first. However, the gear changes are smooth, clean, appropriate and I have decided not to look at mpg figures and try and persuade myself running one car is cheaper than running two!

Not sure about putting Pig pee in every 5,000 miles though.

One great advantage though over old cars - seating position is better for me and the automatic is much better for my back / hip problems. What price on that?

On 4/6/2017 at 12:14, BoxerBoy said:

One happy bear.

55 miles later enjoying lunch.

Dash reading 40+ mpg so that'll do for a start.

IMG_5264.JPG

Why has 1 of the keys got chrome on it and the others are plastic??

BoxerBoy got 3 keys as he spec'd driver personalisation. If you don't you will get two, one chrome one black, Skoda penny pinching I guess.

Edited by Mr Grump

On 23 July 2017 at 20:31, Macdemon said:

Why has 1 of the keys got chrome on it and the others are plastic??

As stated above. 1 nice shiny one for me. Cheapo plastic ones for Driver 2 and Driver 3. The car recognises who has climbed in and sets things as per config.

image.jpeg

Trying to work out what this gives over the standard keys. If i get in, the seat, mirrors, assistance settings and drive mode all swap to my preferences & revert back to my wife's settings if she gets in with her keys.

• 3 months later...

Ordered and due hopefully before Christmas

Metallic Business Grey SE 1.4 TSI 150PS 4x4 7 Seater plus electric towbar for the bike rack and mats. Great standard kit on the SE. Couldn't justify the extra for the SE L. Looking forward to it.

Chopping in my 58 plate Octavia estate which I have had from new. That has been a great car so hoping for a similar experience and another 9 years trouble free running. 

• 1 month later...

I'm back!

Its been 3 years since I sold the super Superb and left Skoda to mess around with an electric car, but now I'm back.

I picked up my magnetic brown bear a week ago and love it. Especially all the new tech.

The Superb was a nice car, but the 2018 spec Kodiaq is nicer.

I went for a 1.4 TSI 4x4 DSG Edition with 7 seats. Added Pano sunroof, heated MFSW, Windscreen, LED pack, ACC, 360 Camera with front sensors.

I also added park assist but due to a minor co*k up its not on the car.

I would have gone for the driver settings option at £40 if I'd known it came with a key, and heated rear seats.

Now to find someone with VCDS now to make a few changes!

Edited by HarryP

On 24/07/2017 at 09:25, ZacDaMan72 said:

Very disappointed that not all keys are chromed. 

Odd thing is the non chrome ones feel cheap but are made from the same stuff for the most part, its the weight of the chrome I guess that makes it feel more posh

9 minutes ago, HarryP said:

Odd thing is the non chrome ones feel cheap but are made from the same stuff for the most part, its the weight of the chrome I guess that makes it feel more posh

I got this from superskoda, makes the key feel so much nicer. 

image.jpg

On 14/11/2017 at 20:41, JFO said:

Ordered and due hopefully before Christmas

Metallic Business Grey SE 1.4 TSI 150PS 4x4 7 Seater plus electric towbar for the bike rack and mats. Great standard kit on the SE. Couldn't justify the extra for the SE L. Looking forward to it.

Chopping in my 58 plate Octavia estate which I have had from new. That has been a great car so hoping for a similar experience and another 9 years trouble free running. 

Picked up my Kodiaq last Monday. Enjoying the driving experience so far. Smooth, quiet with a bit of poke.

On 20/12/2017 at 11:51, ZacDaMan72 said:

I got this from superskoda, makes the key feel so much nicer. 

image.jpg

My metal tags only lasted 5 minutes. I need as little as possible cluttering up my pocket.

And yesterday, I again PMSL  at a couple of relatives who visited with 2 Audis with their pathetic “keyless” keys that have to be taken out to press buttons to lock & unlock the car :biggrin:

Then I Top Trumped them with my Hot Wheel as the temperature was freezing.

09E7438C-EE12-4145-9451-8ED85A469678.jpeg

• 2 months later...

Picked mine up Tuesday 2ltr TSI SEL DSG petrol blue with tan leather love the car just need time to get used to the change in the Columbus unit from the Octavia vrs to the kodiaq for some reason I cannot change location on my weather map it says St Helens when I live in wigan?