SOLD - Skoda Octavia Mk3 Estate TDi VRS, 2015, 22500 miles, £15250 - new price and photos at link

faarn

I am selling my 2015 Skoda Octavia Mk3 Estate TDi VRS in metallic grey.  It has covered just under 22500 miles and was first registered in march 2015.

The car has all the usual VRS features and I added a tow bar (removable) and side air bag curtain as extras.  The car had its second service in December and new front tyres 2 weeks ago.  The rear tyres still have about 4mm+ on them.

The car still has 14 months warranty and is in very good condition.  You'd struggle to find a cheaper car of the same age/spec.

Reason for sale is we want to release the equity in it and so have taken out a PCH on a Superb Estate Se Technology.

I am looking for £15250.  This is £1000 less than I originally had it on for and £1500 less than the next similar car on Autotrader.  The car can be seen near Ilminster, somerset.  

UPDATE: Autotrader advert here. With lots more photos.

Edited by ColinD
reduced price

I honestly thought I would have had some interest by now but so far only 2 people have contacted me and both seem to be a waste of time.

I have lowered the price from what I think was already low but would appreciate feedback on this.  The photos could probably be better but it has been constant rain since I took the last ones.

Any other ideas why it has had no interest?  

This time of year is probably the worst time to sell as most people are trying to recover financially after Christmas. Looks like a cracking car which will hopefully sell as the market picks up.

• 2 weeks later...

Lovely car. But just as you've been attracted to a PCH that can put a new car on your drive for a "reasonable" monthly cost, so have many others. Me included.

I'll be trying to sell a car in the not too distant future, but I truly believe that we private sellers will find it more difficult to sell a car in excess of £10K or so. Would you hand over a 5 figure sum in a private deal?

Trade in values are at rock bottom. Ask We Buy Any Car for a starting price.

There's a buyer out there somewhere, but it's a buyer's market.

The car buying world has evolved in recent years.

I agree with Boxerboy. I got a quote for my Fabia 3 SEL 1.2tsi 110bhp DSG from "we Buy Any Car" a few weeks back. £6500!!! Fo**ing jokers! Paid £13k just over a year ago and even Autotrader price guide says £9200 part e for a lesser spec car than mine.

Unfortunately, I think that most people that have got £10k + to spend on a car are going to go and do so at a dealers, even if the car does still have a manufacturers warranty. Those that haven't got £10k + in cash to spend, will probably still go to the dealers and take out a PCP with a small deposit, affordable monthly payments and then change again in three years. Cheap finance rates and deposit contributions from the dealers are all great incentives. 

I read somewhere in the press that 70% or more of new car purchases are now being bought via a PCP. It appears to have done wonders for the new car sales figures. That, in the long run, will result in significantly more cars coming onto the secondhand market at the end of the PCP contract. I believe that secondhand car values will suffer even more as time goes on because of this.  

Sorry for no good news but thats how I see it. Ive thought long and hard recently about changing my car. I like you, would also like to release some of the equity in the car and go back to a Mk1 VRS. Sadly I can't justify a £3k plus loss in 1yr when theres absolutely nothing wrong with the car, even though I know that I'll never get that money back.  

Im going to try and hold out, in the desperate hope that they might bring out a new VRS Fabia, perhaps with the 1.8TSi engine (189bhp) that currently resides in the Polo GTi and Seat Ibiza Cupra. You can but dream.  

Best of luck with your sale. 

Thanks for the replies.

I've renewed the ad on autotrader but coming to the conclusion that I may have to accept a lot lower price or bide my time.  I guess people want ease of purchase and that comes through a dealer not a private sale.  In no rush yet luckily so will hold out for a while longer.

I've have now accepted a low offer from a trader and typically had 2 calls today asking to view the car from private buyers locally. The trader hasn't paid any deposit and isn't coming to collect until a week on Monday. I'm torn as to whether I should let the private buyers view. I don't want to gazump the trader but on the other hand they are offering about £750 less than I could get. Where do I stand legally, I'm pretty sure that if I didn't pay a deposit to a trader he could sell the car under me.

Thoughts please.

No deposit then let private buyers view its your car and the more money for you the better. Trader could also change his mind then you're back to square one. Regards legal side as far as I'm aware no deposit then he has no claim to it I can't see how he can. Look at houses you think your offers been excepted then you get a call that someone's offered more it was verbally accepted and then.....

I wouldn't worry sell it to highest offer end of!

P's I'm no legal expert just my opinion

Edited by Tichwhat

• Chris locked this topic