Invited to Kodiaq evening.

Danny 57

SEAT Alhambra, 3 proper seat in the rear that slide back and fore, 2 decent seats at the back to make it a 7 seater just with no luggage space though.

184 ps Diesel but no 2.0 litre petrol just the useless 1.4TSI 150ps.

*No spare wheel, or puncture repair kit or jack, just Continental ContSeal tyres as standard.*

DSCN1321.JPG

DSCN1351.JPG

Edited by Offski

Took my good lady to see the Kodiaq "reveal" in Glasgow this evening. She was suitably impressed - which was nice.

My second sighting of the same car I saw last weekend.

My first visit to this showroom, but I got to meet my salesman face to face for the first time.

My fingers will stay crossed for delivery on Launch Day - 6 April.

I was told that there were/are 200 Kodiaqs in Portugal for the dealers to play with and all these pre-production models will be crushed. Yikes!!

13 hours ago, romanv said:

Depends on what do you need? If you have 3 kids, go for S-max, Alhambra or Espace. All those have 3 separate seats. I have 2 kids and Kodiaq will be great for my needs.

Yep 3 kids. (but youngest is only in need of a booster, no child seats to be a concern). Those cars don't appeal. If I move from saloon cars, it will need to be the tall SUV style.

Despite visiting several marques offerings in that price range, only one ticked most of my boxes, exception being no petrol option :(

TBH even the very well regarded Discovery didn't overly impress, and the Evoque was very poor for rear seat room.

I am hoping the Kodiaq impresses, it just might have a harder job than had I looked at it blind.

I am only talking about space wise, I am pretty sure everything else will hit the spot.

Trying to obtain a discount might be tough being a new model, and the PCP deals are good but not as tempting as some, so it is not clear cut.

I really hope the Kodiaq can swing it for me, I have been very happy with my Skoda's to date.

Just got back from the presentation.

I have to say, for me, its not as clear cut as I hoped it would be one way or another.

Yes its disappointing the rear seat width is not really any better than my Octy, but with 3 kids one rear can come in handy when they are large enough that becomes an issue, and the fact we can take Grandad out with us for days out too.

As for the interior quality, it does feel subjectively a little notch up from the Octy, and I am happy enough with that.

No discount is likely though, and I don't like that fact :p

I was told if ordered before end feb you should be looking at may/june delivery, although I would take a pinch of salt with that.

Obviously once the Demo cars are in, sales will grow and wait time will get longer.

Skoda are deliberately giving low allocations and I was told the Kodiaq will not count towards sales targets (initially at least). How much is BS is open for debate, but I can see some truth in it, its good business sense.

So my dilemma is 5 seats with good room and a slightly less interior materials quality (IMO at least) interior in the likes of the Ford Edge, or the Kodiaq.

A new but not unwelcome development means I could expand my search a bit more, but for the VED reasons I don't want to exceed the 40k list price.

Ah its a dilemma, but a not unpleasant one !

3 hours ago, Mr Grump said:

Just got back from the presentation.

I have to say, for me, its not as clear cut as I hoped it would be one way or another . . .

A new but not unwelcome development means I could expand my search a bit more, but for the VED reasons I don't want to exceed the 40k list price.

Ah its a dilemma, but a not unpleasant one !

You know you want one.

JFDI!!

On 2/16/2017 at 16:54, Offski said:

SEAT Alhambra, 3 proper seat in the rear that slide back and fore, 2 decent seats at the back to make it a 7 seater just with no luggage space though.

184 ps Diesel but no 2.0 litre petrol just the useless 1.4TSI 150ps.

*No spare wheel, or puncture repair kit or jack, just Continental ContSeal tyres as standard.*

DSCN1321.JPG

DSCN1351.JPG

Unfortunately Alhambra will be replaced with Seat Alora that will be a clone of Kodiaq. Real vehicles for families with 3+ kids are going to join the dinosaurs, aren't they?

• Like 1

You would not want children on that cloth material interior.

Even a wet palm print on a seat after deicing the car or for any reason marks the material badly. The material is about as absorbent as any material known to mankind.

• Like 1

On ‎19‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 01:01, BoxerBoy said:

You know you want one.

JFDI!!

Well Yes, In the end and after being sure by checking out most, if not all, of the opposition in the sub 40k price range, I did !

I have to say, If the Ford edge had a suitable petrol option, I might have been swayed to forgo some interior quality and a long aversion to fuds. :o

Edited by Mr Grump