Invited to Kodiaq evening.

Danny 57

13 hours ago, old newbie2 said:

I don't think that I've ever seen a RHD car in a Skoda UK brochure.

DC

Hi DC I can forgive them that as the brochure at least details the kit that you are going to actually get on your car, whats to say that the specification of the LH Drive cars that are being shown will be what you'll get in the UK, we already know that cars for the Irish market although RH Drive have different specifications and names to the UK ones.

This is an important car for Skoda however you wouldn't think so by the way its being launched.

I'm not buying one, so not my battle however I feel sorry for those that are and want to know exactly what they are getting, I mean why would you need a "Scout" version and I would be really upset to order an SE L or Edition and then find out a couple of weeks afterwards that there is going to be a Sportline version.

I just think that they could have done this better. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Prykey said:

And not a Right-Hand Drive one in sight :wondering:

Seeing as the dealer demos arent due for a month or so they wont have built any yet - after all it only takes a week from leaving the factory to being on the road in the UK if the backlog at the port isn't bad.

The thing that made me change my mind over the Kodiaq was when I specced it up to how I wanted it 

the DIsco sport was cheaper !! As gesture boot, front and rear parking sensors folding mirrors etc etc were all standard

and whilst I really like the Kodiaq (from the pics) and I'm sure it'll be a great car I can't get one for the 1 April cut off for the VED increase 

still have the yeti at the mo mind :) 

On 25/01/2017 at 22:44, Dr_Pepper said:

I'm not going to hold back,as I'm on my 5th skoda and I've (indirectly) sold more others than most skoda salesmen over the years I think I've the right to moan now lol. I have been extremely disappointed by Skoda in the last 6 months: closing dealerships willy-nilly, extremely poor customer service from others, unwillingness to answer questions, treating potential buyers like they don't matter, never calling back, refusing to sell manual gearboxes (ok so last one is motor industry in general)

Such a shame given that when I first started buying skodas 14 years ago my experiences were of friendly, local dealers whose excellent customer service set them apart.

Nonetheless I'm pleased to hear that it's not like that everywhere, sounds like you have a good relationship wish I could say the same

I am also on Skoda No 5 - a Yeti, and i totally agree with your sentiments around dealers, the 2 closest to me are not very good, as they act as if they know it all when in reality their product knowledge in both sales and service is poor.
Specially when both seem to have this idea that variable servicing is every 12 months and cannot be convinced that it isnt. They have nounderstanding of the words Fixed and Variable ( like LOTs of people do not understand Average (speed)).  It is so frustrating.

• Like 1

"My Man" is keeping me posted with a bundle of photos from the "Skoda Kodiaq product training in Portugal" session.

Im looking forward to seeing one in the flesh in 2 weeks.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by BoxerBoy
  • Like 3

I've been invited to see Kodiaq in flesh on Friday this week.  Looking forward to it. It's the car that's doing the rounds of dealers and they only get it for 6 hours I think. Anyone else seemnit yet? I'm assuming it'll be a UK spec "edition". Thoughts?

9 hours ago, AandOsDad said:

In Perth?

Not quite. SE Wales and before someone say's Australia, no it is the UK.:biggrin: 

Edited by Danny 57

I have been led to believe the cars doing the rounds are to Finnish spec, so LHD. In Finland there are four models being offered, unlike much of the rest of Europe but similar to us in UK. So fingers crossed they may show the "Exclusive" which could perhaps be the closest to the "Edition". Time will tell. I understand the folk who take them to the various dealers are just drivers and will not be able to give any detailed info! Another wasted opportunity, particularly since dealers who went on the recent training(!?) trips to Spain and Portugal came back none the wiser, but perhaps only with added suntan!

On 6 February 2017 at 21:28, AandOsDad said:

I've been invited to see Kodiaq in flesh on Friday this week.  Looking forward to it. It's the car that's doing the rounds of dealers and they only get it for 6 hours I think. Anyone else seemnit yet? I'm assuming it'll be a UK spec "edition". Thoughts?

Then it's gonna be in Stirling at 3pm Saturday afternoon.

I reckon it's one of the LHD early birds. We'll have to play "guess the spec"

I'm going to get a preview before my preview :)

On 31 January 2017 at 22:58, Andyrep said:

The thing that made me change my mind over the Kodiaq was when I specced it up to how I wanted it 

the DIsco sport was cheaper !! As gesture boot, front and rear parking sensors folding mirrors etc etc were all standard

and whilst I really like the Kodiaq (from the pics) and I'm sure it'll be a great car I can't get one for the 1 April cut off for the VED increase 

Can you really, really get an equivalent spec Discovery Sport cheaper than a Kodiaq??

Whenever I played with Jaguar / Land Rover / VW / Audi configurators they always came out £500 or £600 plus / month for a decent spec and sometimes with mega deposits. Scared me off. 

• Administrators

This made me chuckle... I've been invited to a mazda mx5 rf event... shame it's a 3hour drive away, might go for kicks.

In case folk have missed it, updated a list of 'deals' for the PCH side, covers popular choices, many others available in many different configurations. Still nothing of note on the cash/finance paths for ownership.

18 hours ago, BoxerBoy said:

Can you really, really get an equivalent spec Discovery Sport cheaper than a Kodiaq??

Cheaper - probably not - almost the same - certainly if you wanted a high spec Kodiaq list price Skoda = discounted land rover.

I was really interested in the Kodiak, but my experience at dealer was:

• PRICE: Don't ask for discount, our allocation is throttled right back and we know we can sell what we have been allocated
  • Finance: Don't have details yet
  • Spec: Not sure of that, or that...
  • BIG EVENT: Sorry that doesn't apply to the Kodiaq sir...
  • 0% Finance: Sorry that doesn't apply to the Kodiak sir...

The discovery sport is more expensive, no doubt. But if you want 7 seats so your at SE L in the Kodiak, then you add the electric manual tow bar for £900 or whatever it was and the wife wants the pano sunroof... then your well into discovery sport SE Tech and not far from HSE - with shopping around your looking at 8-9% off list as well.

I think in next Jan's "big event" from Skoda when there is a lot of allocation, all the deals apply - its going to be a great buy - but at list price it does not stack up so well - my two cents anyway.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, BoxerBoy said:

Whenever I played with Jaguar / Land Rover / VW / Audi configurators they always came out £500 or £600 plus / month for a decent spec and sometimes with mega deposits. Scared me off. 

Hi sorry for late reply yes you can !

I've ordered a disco sport HSE Auto in fierenze red, towbar, acc ,off road thingy , privacy and a couple of other bits 

after some fairly aggressive discounts I've paid £38500 

After specing a Kodiaq to the same it came in something like £41k before any discounts but I wouldn't of been able to get delivery in march before the VED hike 

Please I'm not knocking Skoda at all, in fact I loved my superb my Yeti (still have that and racking 1000 miles a week at the mo) and also have a Citigo for the daughter 

but im a high mileage user and insist on unlimited mileage warranty as I do over 120k in 3 years so when you also add that in the Kodiaq does become a bit more expensive 

Andy 

Edited by Andyrep

My local dealer Mitchells had one in their showroom today.  It was there for the invited guest event tonight in left hand drive.  But I did get the opportunity to give a good look over and sit in it.  Its a fine looking car in this top spec form.  I'm told the demo cars won't be arriving till April, and factory orders not until June!     

17 hours ago, hippothebear said:

My local dealer Mitchells had one in their showroom today.  It was there for the invited guest event tonight in left hand drive.  But I did get the opportunity to give a good look over and sit in it.  Its a fine looking car in this top spec form.  I'm told the demo cars won't be arriving till April, and factory orders not until June!     

I hope you are wrong... I've been given a build week 10 and told the car will be ready just before the official launch date which is 6th April.

How many more launches are we going to have? First it was announced twice, then launched, then launched for sales, then international launch, then dealer launch. What launch next? Ordered in December, was told April delivery and haven't heard a thing from them since. Can only imagine they (simpsons) are completely on track.

We went to the Kodiaq lanch at Silbury Skoda last night and were impressed by the car. I'm still struggling to get my head around the fact that it's only a couple of inches longer than an Octavia, and it's 3 inches narrower than a Yeti, it would be nice to see the different models side by side .

The other thing that I was surprised at was the depth (height) of the boot, I presume that this is due to the fact that the launch car has a spare wheel and 7 seats.

Does anyone know if the boot will have more height if you don't have a spare wheel and 7 seats? In the Yeti you get more height if you don't have a spare wheel.

It is never something that stops 'WHAT CAR' from making a 'SKODA', 'WHAT CAR' 'CAR OF THE YEAR'. or this time, 'WHAT CAR SUV OF THE YEAR' (Under £40,000)

Sometimes it would be good if they had driven right hand models, driven them on the side of the road used in the UK with the controls as they will be on a UK model, UK suspension for UK roads, tyres as will be fitted etc, then they will feel how they are, no pulling to the left or the likes.

On ‎31‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 22:58, Andyrep said:

Out of interest, I also looked at pricing a Disco sport, and find it is similar with an easily available discount, however does not the poor reliability rep discourage you ?

That and the no petrol option has put me off that route.

Kind of makes it a one horse race for my requirements (4x4 and Petrol dsg/auto seems to be missing on most price/type rivals).

I Finally got an invite to see it a a nearby dealer next week.