Invited to Kodiaq evening.

Danny 57

On ‎08‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 18:43, Andyrep said:

Hi sorry for late reply yes you can !

I've ordered a disco sport HSE Auto in fierenze red, towbar, acc ,off road thingy , privacy and a couple of other bits 

after some fairly aggressive discounts I've paid £38500 

After specing a Kodiaq to the same it came in something like £41k before any discounts but I wouldn't of been able to get delivery in march before the VED hike 

Please I'm not knocking Skoda at all, in fact I loved my superb my Yeti (still have that and racking 1000 miles a week at the mo) and also have a Citigo for the daughter 

but im a high mileage user and insist on unlimited mileage warranty as I do over 120k in 3 years so when you also add that in the Kodiaq does become a bit more expensive 

Andy 

Why are you worried about the new VED changes ?

If the MRRP is below 40k, its pretty much £140 a year (after the first year which is included in the road charges) whatever the emissions.

'List Price', ie Final Price even if a £38,000 car with option went to £41,000 and then a Discount and you pay £39,000.  

It is the List Price that matters so the £41,000

Then you have to pay the higher VED for 5 years.

27 minutes ago, Mr Grump said:

Out of interest, I also looked at pricing a Disco sport, and find it is similar with an easily available discount, however does not the poor reliability rep discourage you ?

That and the no petrol option has put me off that route.

Kind of makes it a one horse race for my requirements (4x4 and Petrol dsg/auto seems to be missing on most price/type rivals).

I Finally got an invite to see it a a nearby dealer next week.

Yes the poor reliability record is a worry !! 

But then we have no history on the Kodiaq either and whilst from experience the Skoda dealers are great the Kodiaq is a new model and there are bound to be gremlins (let's hope not but !) 

i got my invite for for next week to so will probably go along for a "look at what you could've had :)"

as as I said, love the Skoda brand I'm no badge snob but do need a 4x4 and whilst the yeti did ok I need something bigger and with more oopphh to handle my boat 

petrol is not an option for me at the mo due to company restrictions, I'm sure the disco will break down :( at some point and in the last 30 years of motoring the only 100% reliable car I've had was the BMW 5 series which if you read the stats etc is the exception rather that the norm :) 

the VED is on list Inc options and would add another £30 a month to my motoring costs 

30 minutes ago, Offski said:

'List Price', ie Final Price even if a £38,000 car with option went to £41,000 and then a Discount and you pay £39,000.  

It is the List Price that matters so the £41,000

Then you have to pay the higher VED for 5 years.

Yes I understand any discount obtained doesn't count, but I got the impression nor did extra's.

So a 39k car with 4k worth of extras is still a 39k car (list price) as far as VED goes, Does it state list plus options cost on DVLA anywere ?

Edited by Mr Grump

11 minutes ago, Andyrep said:

Yes the poor reliability record is a worry !! 

But then we have no history on the Kodiaq either and whilst from experience the Skoda dealers are great the Kodiaq is a new model and there are bound to be gremlins (let's hope not but !) 

True, but most, if not all, of the mechanicals/electrics is already proven on other platforms across the VW group range.

Fingers crossed the Disco works out well for you, its certainly an attractive and capable SUV.

47 minutes ago, Offski said:

Understanding and impressions are all good and well, but you had best go read the gov.uk information on how things are and will be.

http://whatcar.com/news/2017-ved-rates-list-price-vs-price-paid 

Great stuff Offski, I am now more enlightened :)

You would have to go crazy with options to do that on a kodiaq though, so fairly safe there !

• Like 1

Well went to the unveiling of the new Kodiaq tonight at Capitol Skoda, Newport, South Wales and I must say a good presentation and a very impressive car. Yes it was spec almost to the Edition version plus a few others goodies from the options list. Lovely spread was also laid on and the sales staff there in numbers! The car was being trailered around to each showroom as it was a brought over from Finland.

Was it worth going, absolutely.

3 hours ago, Danny 57 said:

Well went to the unveiling of the new Kodiaq tonight at Capitol Skoda, Newport, South Wales and I must say a good presentation and a very impressive car. Yes it was spec almost to the Edition version plus a few others goodies from the options list. Lovely spread was also laid on and the sales staff there in numbers! The car was being trailered around to each showroom as it was a brought over from Finland.

Was it worth going, absolutely.

I was there too, have to say I was very impressed with the car and the team did a good job with the event.

Although Henry got a little telling off from Craig for being late!

My invitation is for Saturday evening, so will be interesting to see it in the flesh.

Reading this thread, I am now expecting a loaded Finland spec version, nothing like the petrol DSG that would be acquired in London 

Event in Perth also went well.  Kodiaq a cracking car! Boot huge and still decent even with 3rd row of seats up. You'd still fit a couple large holdalls or maybe carry on luggage cases (maybe).

I'd need a boot tray though as 3rd of seats folded down creates too many cracks in the floor for dog hair and other rubbish to fall into.

They also had a superb sport line in the showroom and that also seriously caught my eye. Stunning.

Thomson &Potter in Perth tell me they only getting 27 kodiaqs to sell for 2017. I asked specifically (cos I won't be ordering until mid end March) what will happen if I come to order one in the middle of march and youvery sold all 27. He said as far as he knows that'll be it!

7 hours ago, LewJo said:

I was there too, have to say I was very impressed with the car and the team did a good job with the event.

Although Henry got a little telling off from Craig for being late!

And the the member of staff who started the coffee machine during the presentation. 

On 10/02/2017 at 07:12, DaveLees said:

We went to the Kodiaq lanch at Silbury Skoda last night and were impressed by the car. I'm still struggling to get my head around the fact that it's only a couple of inches longer than an Octavia, and it's 3 inches narrower than a Yeti, it would be nice to see the different models side by side .

The other thing that I was surprised at was the depth (height) of the boot, I presume that this is due to the fact that the launch car has a spare wheel and 7 seats.

Does anyone know if the boot will have more height if you don't have a spare wheel and 7 seats? In the Yeti you get more height if you don't have a spare wheel.

Not sure if you have your figures correct? 

Went to my local VIP event last night and was impressed enough to spec one up when I got home, had to be a bit creative to keep it below £40k though :blush

The Kodiaq according to the Škoda configurator is something like 17cm shorter than a Superb and 2cm wider (we have both a Superb and a Yeti and the Yeti is much smaller)

Not sure if the 5 seater will have more depth, but the 7 seater is std on the higher two trim levels, the spare with a 7 seater is also a ‘proper’ (skinny) space saver.

6 minutes ago, romanv said:

5-seater with space saver has a bigger depth than 7-seater (blue). And even w/o space saver it gets around 16 cm more in depth than 7-seater (white).

Thanks, those photos at least prove that its pointless having a 7 seater without the spare wheel option... whats the point in having a 16cm+ step when the rear seats are folded? 

1 hour ago, Gizmo68 said:

Not sure if you have your figures correct? 

Went to my local VIP event last night and was impressed enough to spec one up when I got home, had to be a bit creative to keep it below £40k though :blush

The Kodiaq according to the Škoda configurator is something like 17cm shorter than a Superb and 2cm wider (we have both a Superb and a Yeti and the Yeti is much smaller)

Not sure if the 5 seater will have more depth, but the 7 seater is std on the higher two trim levels, the spare with a 7 seater is also a ‘proper’ (skinny) space saver.

Hi Gizmo68, I was comparing the Kodiaq to the Octavia lengthwise where there's a difference of 38mm (these dimensions are from car mags).

romanv , thanks for your photos and information re the difference in the boot height.

14 minutes ago, Danny 57 said:

Gizmo 68, I thought the Kodiaq was actually 130mm longer than the Superb, mind I did get my dims of a car mag so need to check.

Nah. Shorter. Maybe easier for my missus to park :)

Another two shots: 7-seater vs 5-seater

5-seater w/o space saver has ability to have double floor. That one on the Picture below doesn't have.

There is also an option to have full size spare Wheel. I that case floor is almost similar to the one in 7-seater.

r3.png

p8.jpg

10 minutes ago, DaveLees said:

Hi Gizmo68, I was comparing the Kodiaq to the Octavia lengthwise where there's a difference of 38mm (these dimensions are from car mags).

romanv , thanks for your photos and information re the difference in the boot height.

The figures on the configurator (which is down at the moment) state the car is 205mm wider than What Car claims it is, this is probably down to What Car not including the mirrors, which has previously been known.

On 10/02/2017 at 07:12, DaveLees said:

I'm still struggling to get my head around the fact that it's only a couple of inches longer than an Octavia, and it's 3 inches narrower than a Yeti,

Skoda Kodiaq dimensions.jpg

1 hour ago, romanv said:

Narrower than Yeti?

dimensions-rear.png

I know, I've just looked at my Yeti brochure,...........serves my right for getting my dimensions from What Car magazine, they have the width as 1956mm!!!