Dyno day - April 23rd, 10am to 3pm - VRS Northampton

micloi

Been trying to arrange a brunch meeting for December or January to no avail so I thought I try to arrange a dyno day instead!

April 23rd, 10am to 3pm - VRS Northampton

£50 for dyno run + free BBQ!

Max 15 cars, some are already coming from a VW forum so I assume we will have half VW's and half Skodas

Dyno works with haldex 4x4 cars so Superb 280's are welcome!

Let me know if of interest!

Edited by micloi

Excellent, if more people are interested just add your name 

1. Micloi 

2. Magget

I will add the people from the west Midlands thread and the VW forum and will let you know when we reach the limit of 15 cars. At the moment we are up to 5.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Shaunee said:

I might pop over to this as I'm only down the road! Won't be going on the dyno, but be good to see some other cars! 

Will be great to see you there and have a quick look at your car, been too long :)

Just one of those things....When you come to an event 1 day early because...well...you messed up the dates :angry:

At least i managed to see a nice quattro and a gorgeous superb infront of the shop.

Edited by Magget
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Magget said:

Just one of those things....When you come to an event 1 day early because...well...you messed up the dates :angry:

At least i managed to see a nice quattro and a gorgeous superb infront of the shop.

Hope you come tomorrow too :)

Was it my Superb or the black estate one?

Just now, superbtte said:

Hope you come tomorrow too :)

Was it my Superb or the black estate one?

Anthracite one with BBS rims. My wife just said she wants one :D

Yea, I'll reschedule my stuff tomorrow and will come back. 

It was a bit strange that not many cars were around lol

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, superbtte said:

Yes, that's mine. And it's only BBS gel stickers I am aftraid ;) 

They fooled me, so they did their job :D

Also got me thinking as I've already bought 3 wheel hub replacements and none really fit. So it seems I'll have to check the stickers as well now :)

Completely forgot about this.. just happened to login for the first time since my last post! will try and get down... got a meal for the mother in laws birthday in the afternoon tho :(

Sorry i missed you all, but I've just manage to get early enough to put it on the rollers and I'm more than thrilled with the result -314 bhp

I'll do my best next time to arrive at the correct date :D

TT inlet pipe, BMC drop in filter, stage 1 map.

I also found out during the MOT that both front dampers are shot, so I'll start looking at bilstein options as soon as i get home

The TT large bore inlet pipe makes a massive difference, as the stock inlet elbow is quite restrictive. And I also played with a few intakes, and the stock box with the drop in filter has so far worked best. Especially for the price of it.

As a comparison my last dyno was 291 which was done on stage 1 and with the BMC CDA cold air intake.

I've swapped the intake for the TT and drop in filter and had today's result.

Edited by Magget