VAG DPF App

Speedman

I have just bought myself an OBD2 bluetooth transmitter.

I always seem to be pulling up outside the house during a passive regen and only realise as I turn the engine off. 

This makes me feel bad as I really like my Octavia and dont really want to be buying a new DPF any time soon.

Thus I hope I can time my regens to take the car for a spin where I rag the tits off it to aid the regen of course :)

Based on the logs provided from VAG DPF I've started to monitor the oil ash value on my 2012 CAYC Octavia. You may also find this info useful.

Since 2017.09 I also use the car in the city (2x12km/day), previously I only used to travel only on highway (180km continuous routes ). I worried about the DPF lifespan and it looks like my concern wasn't irrational if I presume, that the wearing is linear.

(The line in the graph is a linear trend-line inserted by Google Spreadsheets)

DPF_EOL.jpg

Edited by mucden
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, mucden said:

I worried about the DPF lifespan and it looks like my concern wasn't irrational if I presume, that the wearing is linear.

I don't think you need to be worried about it as it looks like it's working normally. They aren't designed to last forever and 270,000km is pretty good considering some of the early failures others have experienced.

On my CFHC (2.0 140ps), the oil ash is shown in l (litres) rather than g (grams), I don't record it often but I have a figure from April 2016 and another from today:

- 82,000 miles (~132,000km) showed 0.06l

- 137,000 miles (~220,000km) showed 0.1l

Assuming the maximum is 175ml which is suggested on various other forums, I might get 240,000 miles (386,000 km) from the DPF. Interestingly, there are people claiming that 175ml isn't the maximum and they've hit 250-300ml before having issues.

Based on that, you might find that although 70g is the 'replacement' value for your DPF, it'll keep working above that :) 

• 1 year later...
On 17/03/2018 at 14:12, 2wheelsgood said:

Hi all ,been trying to get the app to work with our new 2018   superb 2.0 TDI 150 dsg but it appears this engine group DFGA is not yet supported .I've been in touch with developer but no joy yet , I've got 2 good quality elm 327 adaptors and tried both but from what he is saying ecu is not playing ball with the app ;(

I can confirm the app now works with DDGA engines ,just got the paid version and works fine now ;)

On 17/03/2018 at 14:12, 2wheelsgood said:

Hi all ,been trying to get the app to work with our new 2018   superb 2.0 TDI 150 dsg but it appears this engine group DFGA is not yet supported .I've been in touch with developer but no joy yet , I've got 2 good quality elm 327 adaptors and tried both but from what he is saying ecu is not playing ball with the app ;(

Can confirm app now works with DFGA engines ,just got the paid version and works fine ;)

• 2 months later...

Which odb2 to work best with the dpf app ??

i got this one of aliexpress , 

results , NOT suitable for long term use ( aka it goeswrong after 2 minutes ) .

i am now thinking of the viecar white elm dongle which is bt 4.0 .

Any better ideas/advice  welcome 

Edited by john999boy
Photo removed at OP's request.

• 11 months later...