Rear Courtesy Light query?

The back seat courtesy light in my Toledo is weird.

If I turn it on it stays on when I drive off and does not act the same as the front one that lights and goes off with the doors.

Anyway of setting the rear lights to act the same as the front lights?

How old is your car?

I have seen some reports on here of early Toledos and Rapids where the rear courtesy light was wired independently of the front, but this was something that was changed very early on. Unless you have one of this cars, you should be able to set the rear light to a third setting (other than on or off) where it defaults to the setting of the front light (courtesy, on or off).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chrisgreen said:

How old is your car?

I have seen some reports on here of early Toledos and Rapids where the rear courtesy light was wired independently of the front, but this was something that was changed very early on. Unless you have one of this cars, you should be able to set the rear light to a third setting (other than on or off) where it defaults to the setting of the front light (courtesy, on or off).

Mine is a 2013 car, the switch on the back unit is only on and off, no third setting?

Then I'm afraid you have one of those early cars and your rear courtesy light is wired independently of the front. Other than hacking the wiring loom (not recommended) you're stuck with it. 

Edited by chrisgreen