Towing Weight - B+E & DCC

Hi All.

Just wanted to get some thoughts,

Question 1.
First off, I will be picking up a new caravan later in the year to tow with my Kodiaq.
So, my first question is regarding Dynamic Chassis Control (DCC) - Would it improve the ride while towing, would it be a sensible option to add on (which I might still have time to adjust my order). We are hoping to tow regularly, once we get the van. When not towing, the car will mainly just have me in it so I will want a 'sportier' ride.
From the reviews I have seem the default springs do a decent job which is why I have left this up to now.

Question 2.
On a separate note, does anyone know the Maximum authorized mass (MAM) or gross vehicle weight (GVW) of a 190bhp Edition Kodiaq, I can only find the kerb weight which is different. I passed my test in 1998 which means I may have to complete the Category B+E test to tow a 1300kg (GVW) caravan. It may just be over the 3500kg limit but I cant find the figure for the kodiaq?

It's a long time since I towed a trailer, but I was using a Volvo V70 with self levelling rear suspension and it did a real job.

only a fairly light van trailer though, not a 1 ton plus caravan.

I'd guess that DCC might be handy as you'll be operating over a wide range of loading.

Or it might be a very costly extra that doesn't deliver the variation you might expect - as I found on a previous motor bike.

I attach a simple extract from the manual. You can download the whole 300+ page manual from a link on these pages.

It makes good reading.

Can you figure out the MAM simply from the vehicle data plus caravan data?

i.e. 1.75 tons plus 1.5 tons is 3.25 tons

Or am I being too simple.

image.png

Thanks for the reply Boxer.

I will have a look now for the link to the manual.

1750kg is the kerb weight not the MAM. I think the MAM will be closer to 2.3 (but thats what im trying to identify). The van's MAM is 1300kg its kerb weight is 930kg.

Yeah im not so sure about the DCC either as it is potentially am expensive option that isnt used that often. I have also herd good things about the independent rear multi-link suspension as used on the Kodiaq so im really not sure...

Does anyone have experience with TSA which is offered I think.....

http://www.skoda.co.nz/models/hotspotdetail?HotspotName=S31+-+TSA+[A7]&Page=technology&WebID=66079c3d-1242-4318-be53-5e6089148452

I still dont grasp why 7 seats dont accept trailer hitch in 2.0 TDI 150 HP 4x4 manual?

Edited by djordje48

On 2/3/2017 at 00:52, djordje48 said:

Does anyone have experience with TSA which is offered I think.....

http://www.skoda.co.nz/models/hotspotdetail?HotspotName=S31+-+TSA+[A7]&Page=technology&WebID=66079c3d-1242-4318-be53-5e6089148452

I still dont grasp why 7 seats dont accept trailer hitch in 2.0 TDI 150 HP 4x4 manual?

Local dealer and general importer says that it cannot go, that is the message from skoda central server for car configurations. I am not giving up, I sent few mails in other countries to skoda dealers. It could be an error, but i dont believe. I hope that it will be possible when the car arrives to put do the hook instalation in the servise shop. Serious SUV must have a hook:)