Superskoda Superb III Combi - MEGA POWER LED cargo trunk light

1 hour ago, Latestarter said:

Bought a set of these and wow, so bright against the original ones I can see tomorrow coming now... would highly recommend. 

Combi ? the bulbs on the inside of the tailgate ?

I have been running one of these in the Yeti for just under 3 years and a pair in the S3 for just under a year without problems, they are not cheap but they are good, my step son bought some that look identical on eBay for a lot less  and TBH they do look as good as the superskoda ones.

You may wish to click on the following thread for a few more ideas:

• 11 months later...

Debating these super Skoda bulbs for the trunk and interior trunk but for 2x 35euros it’s quite hard to swallow for some bulbs!

Are they really that good, or do I look at the Ali type ones which seem to need some gentle persuasion to fit properly?

I have read that other thread but still no definitive answer. 

13 minutes ago, aldouk said:

Debating these super Skoda bulbs for the trunk and interior trunk but for 2x 35euros it’s quite hard to swallow for some bulbs!

It was one of the first things I ordered for my estate tailgate after seeing this thread. The OEMs are really dim in comparison. I have a dog and getting him in/out at night with traffic about they are excellent. 

No other motor is going to miss seeing you with these things on - so I reckon useful if you get a puncture at night.  Just for general use, shopping or unloading at night they are really bright. 

Expensive - yes; but over the life of the car it was money well spent IMO.

Front door LEDs would be a luxury for me.

Slightly OT - these are  the three small changes/additiions that have made a big difference to my Superb enjoyment.

• Tailgate LEDs
  • Mud flaps  (look well on the Sportline and make a huge difference to crud spray  front and rear) Genuine parts from Superskoda.; and
  • Replaced the OEM wipers which were pretty average and smeary  with Bosch Aerotwin set.

2 hours ago, MartiniB said:

@aldouk

yes!

ordered four identical, made two holes on top and powered them from closing button

Thanks. There’s also these

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32520001867.html?spm=a2g0n.shopcart.0.0.6b778f26SE2d0z

which I might order for the tail gate lights 

Edited by aldouk

On 2/3/2017 at 23:01, Latestarter said:

Yep, those the ones..

IMG_0238.JPG

Hi Guys,

I have a Sportline Estate on order.

Is there an Ali Express or Ebay equivalent to the 35 Euro Super Skoda ones shown in Latestarters post above? 

I assume the the Ali ones others refer to here don't fit the estate/combi lights as shown in picture above?

Yes they do, there is another thread, MartiniB is helpful on this and posted the links. 

Im still debating myself as I now don’t or can’t get lights for the boot so it’ll just be the tailgate lights. As I need to order mats It’s tempting to go for the suoerskoda ones but they are a hefty price if the Ali ones do almost the same job. 

• 2 weeks later...

These SuperSkoda MegaLEDs are fantastic. Very quickly fitted......<5 mins.....and the tip from further up the thread to fit them with the connector on the LEDs facing towards the outside of the car avoided lots of head scratching.

On 03/02/2017 at 20:47, Latestarter said:

Bought a set of these and wow, so bright against the original ones I can see tomorrow coming now... would highly recommend. 

I just put in some of these from superskoda... wow they are impressive.. but wow, they were hard to fit... just a mm or two longer than the originals, and in the end had to file the hole a bit wider, and they don't actually seat totally flush (I'm hoping some superglue will fix that)...    but yes, seriously impressive -make the originals look pointless... 

(I now think I put them back to front - oops)

Edited by mr.nik

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Fitted these last night. Not quite as easy to install as the SuperSkoda video suggests as the units are larger than the stock units.

However I managed to install them without any modifications (to the car or the lights) by putting the connector facing the outside of the car (rather than the inside) and pushing a little bit of internal wiring to the boot hatch out of the way. They're pretty firm in the slots, but not quite as solid as the original OEM units. They are a lot brighter though!

Overall a 7/10 I would say.