Ex-demo Fabia Colour Edition or save money on normal SE?

petemc

So I'm trying to decide on my first Skoda. I really love the black wheels & black top on the Colour Edition, however it seems to have quite a high premium on a used model. I've found a few cars locally. There's one about 1hr drive from me that's a 1.2 SE for £9,950 with about 11,000 miles on it. Or there's an ex-demo 1.2 Colour Edition with 50 miles on it about 20 minutes drive from me for £12,495. That's like £2,500 for black wheels, super low mileage and an extra 6 months warranty. £2,500 is a holiday or a camera.

I should go for the used one for £9,950 right? Though I guess the ex-demo gives you peace of mind about its history but thats an expensive peace of mind. 

Welcome.

Are these 1.2 TSI all with same bhp?

You are likely to get plenty of choice of cars with less than 11,000 miles already covered and that amount of Warranty Period used up.

Maybe just wait 3 more weeks until Dealerships have better prices on their 66 plate demonstrators and pre-registered Fabia.

28 minutes ago, Offski said:

Welcome.

Are these 1.2 TSI all with same bhp?

You are likely to get plenty of choice of cars with less than 11,000 miles already covered and that amount of Warranty Period used up.

Maybe just wait 3 more weeks until Dealerships have better prices on their 66 plate demonstrators and pre-registered Fabia.

Yeah. Same 1.2 TSI with same BHP. 

What happens in 3 weeks? 

19 minutes ago, pee81 said:

What about a monte?

After 15 years with a sports Corsa and bucket seats I'm looking for something comfy. My back is getting old. 

1st March 17 plates going out the dealership door and the Dealerships want to sell or lease 66 plates they have for 3 months / 3,000 miles 

or Delivery Miles Pre-reg they had to register before the end February. Maybe a nice car that was in the showroom and was not purchased.

Look for bargains and do not believe that there is any shortage or they are selling like hot cakes.

Hi all - after test driving a standard 1.2 tsi a few weeks back this weekend I finally got behind the wheel of a monte estate 110 and loved it! Ready to buy cash and been looking at pre reg cars. Any advice on buying techniques, must have extras or dealers they recommend? Totally smitten with meteor grey so if anyone can locate me a car or give tips of an kind please help

On 2/12/2017 at 22:02, steve74 said:

Hi all - after test driving a standard 1.2 tsi a few weeks back this weekend I finally got behind the wheel of a monte estate 110 and loved it! Ready to buy cash and been looking at pre reg cars. Any advice on buying techniques, must have extras or dealers they recommend? Totally smitten with meteor grey so if anyone can locate me a car or give tips of an kind please help

I also like the estate in meteor gray, but it annoys me that the color is only available on the Monty... I dont want or like the red interior on a grey car, i also do not like the alloys, so ideally want a SE in meteor grey, so i can have normal "adult" seat colors, and not crap looking black alloys with chav silver edging...

barph.jpg

Edited by FromTheDarkness
  • Like 2