LATEST MAP DOWNLOAD

11 minutes ago, facet edge said:

I couldn't get a micro in an adaptor to read either. I ended up yanking the card out of my camera which worked fine.

Thanks

Will pick a 32gb standard card up tomorrow 

All done and dusted.

As soon as put the standard SD card into slot 1, it prompted that there was an update on the card. It took approximately 25 minutes for the car to update itself, with one interruption for trip to Tesco.

The longest part of the process is downloading onto PC. I have an average of 15 mbps download speed at home and it took around 6 hours to complete.

As a test I copied the latest map data onto a 32GB full size SDHC Sandisk card and a micro SDXC 64GB card from Samsung. Both detected as having updates on them when inserted.

2 hours ago, rtj70 said:

As a test I copied the latest map data onto a 32GB full size SDHC Sandisk card and a micro SDXC 64GB card from Samsung. Both detected as having updates on them when inserted.

Edited by facet edge
Didn't read the post properly

Never tried a map update though - just used one for POI updates etc. But my music collection is on another 32GB SDHC micro card. So I know it does read micro cards okay.

My SanDisk sdhc class 10 is an identical spec miniature of the SanDisk full size one I bought at the weekend which successfully updated the maps. It was even in its original SanDisk converter. I even tried a second micro card from Samsung, which was not recognised. Only the full size one is recognised. Car is a June 2017 spec.

My car was built week 38 and delivered in October. It's fine with Sandisk and Samsung micro SDHC/SDXC cards (respectively) in the original adapters.

Edit: got the build week wrong so edited it. It was originally 44.

Edited by rtj70

On ‎17‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 10:31, Sagalout said:

Windows 10 supports  zip natively; it is part of the package you don't need to download a separate utility unless you prefer to use another. Or you are not running W10 as your OS

Hence my comments originally that I simply download and then 'unzip' to the sd card. The download from either the Skoda portal or the VAG one always takes me at least 8 hours and anything up to 12 !!!!!   

I have win 10. How do you unzip the files? Is it as simple as double clicking on them? Thanks.

Thanks to all the help on this forum I managed to complete the installation this morning on the way to work. By way of giving something back, i think i read earlier in the thread that you can't use the nav while it updates. On my MY17 car I was able to use route guidance throughout. About 5 minutes before the update finished it said "route guidance unavailable" for about 30 seconds. It then recalculated the route and carried on as if nothing had happened. Good stuff!

I've not been in the car long enough most of this week to do the actual update. I tried both a full size and micro SD card and updates were detected. I left the full size Sandisk in so I could update when I drove to the office earlier in the week.

It detects an update when inserted but if I tell it to update it eventually says none found basically. And that's a 32B full size SD card. Not had time to retry yet.

2 minutes ago, rtj70 said:

I've not been in the car long enough most of this week to do the actual update. I tried both a full size and micro SD card and updates were detected. I left the full size Sandisk in so I could update when I drove to the office earlier in the week.

It detects an update when inserted but if I tell it to update it eventually says none found basically. And that's a 32B full size SD card. Not had time to retry yet.

You're not using a Mac computer are you? They have been found to leave files of their own on the card.

I did. That was one of my thoughts - i.e. the hidden files like .DS_Store need removing.

But I've used USB to import POI from the Mac without a problem. I'm not desperate to get it upgraded. I was going to try on Wednesday because I'd be in the car driving for long enough for the upgrade to finish.

16 minutes ago, rtj70 said:

. I was going to try on Wednesday because I'd be in the car driving for long enough for the upgrade to finish.

The upgrade doesn't have to finish in one go, it will take up from where it left off when you start your next journey.