Disconnecting Battery : Radio? Code?

Hello All,

I can't seem to search the forum on my iPad.

we have a 64 Rapid and a 63 Polo. They both have similar radios.

I need to charge the batteries as the cars don't do many miles. 

I have looked in the manuals, but can't find any radio codes. 

Will I need codes if I disconnect the battery's?

If so, how would I find out what they are?

many thanks in advance, Alex

15 hours ago, RMurphy195 said:

Do you need to disconnect the battery to charge it, or can you simply charge it up in situ on your driveway/in garage or what have you?

I agree with that question, if the charger you currently own is not "smart" or modern, bin it and get a better quality one that you can trust to use on modern cars without disconnecting the battery, save a lot of time and effort.  I have a C-TEK that is connected to my lightly used car when it is not required to get used, and a cheapish "RAC" (Argos distress purchase from years ago) 8 amp "kind of smartish maybe" charger that I use on the late 2009 Ibiza when it has not been used for a while and needs a top up. I think that I passed most or all of my older nastier chargers to a "good home" for charging tractor batteries (so he said!).

Edited by rum4mo

Thanks for your advise. I bought a smart charger from Amazon, as when I looked at the connections to the battery in the car, it looked quite tricky to remove. The + had a whole module of cables bolted to the top.

The charger did a test at the start on the polo and gave it 20%

its been recharging since yesterday now and seems to be sitting at 90% now. 

I bought a Ring 12A Smart Charger as it said it was safe to use connected as it's is very careful with what it does.