Vindis Bury St Edmunds Event 9/02/17

Just got back from this event. Really loved the car, however did think slightly the rear seats could have been a few more inches wider. Quality wise it felt like a Audi. Think this car is going back to Finland after its tour. Did manage to try my child car seats in the back after the crowd died down. The garage doesn't seem keen about personal leasing though. 

IMG_6694.JPG

IMG_6698.JPG

IMG_6700.JPG

IMG_6702.JPG

IMG_6709.JPG

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Desseardo said:

Just got back from this event. Really loved the car, however did think slightly the rear seats could have been a few more inches wider. Quality wise it felt like a Audi. Think this car is going back to Finland after its tour. Did manage to try my child car seats in the back after the crowd died down. The garage doesn't seem keen about personal leasing though. 

IMG_6694.JPG

IMG_6698.JPG

IMG_6700.JPG

IMG_6702.JPG

IMG_6709.JPG

Are these iso fix child's seats? Or were you using the seats belts. Reason for asking is that I recently tried our isofix child seat in a volvo s90 which has the now popular visible isofix ports at the base of the vehicle seat backrest,  rather than what we currently have which is mountings hidden behind/between the vehicle seat cushion and the back rest. The result was not good. The new visible ports/docks mean that you can't ratchet the isofix seat base up to snuggly fit against the vehicle''s rear backrest = a rattly and quite floppy connection between vehicle and isofix child seat base.  It was still secured in the sense that the jaws was clamped onto the bars but the ratchet wasn't capable of getting tight enough given the hard surface to hard surface contact instead of the older style hard surface to cushioned back rest. Sorry for the ramble ;)

• Like 1

Thanks for posting :)

I didn't get an invite to BSE despite being were I bought my current car from, for some reason mine was Cambridge next week.

Hard to tell from pics, but doesn't look like its that much wider in the rear seats than the Octy ?

Looks like there is reasonable "boot" left when the rear most seats are up, I don't suppose you have pics with rear seats up ?

18 hours ago, AandOsDad said:

Are these iso fix child's seats? Or were you using the seats belts. Reason for asking is that I recently tried our isofix child seat in a volvo s90 which has the now popular visible isofix ports at the base of the vehicle seat backrest,  rather than what we currently have which is mountings hidden behind/between the vehicle seat cushion and the back rest. The result was not good. The new visible ports/docks mean that you can't ratchet the isofix seat base up to snuggly fit against the vehicle''s rear backrest = a rattly and quite floppy connection between vehicle and isofix child seat base.  It was still secured in the sense that the jaws was clamped onto the bars but the ratchet wasn't capable of getting tight enough given the hard surface to hard surface contact instead of the older style hard surface to cushioned back rest. Sorry for the ramble ;)

Hi AandOsDad,

the car seat on the right is a isofix seat. Slotted straight into the ports. Very firm fit. The only criticism I could find with the car is the high windows in the back. My kids would struggle to see out of the side! Otherwise a very nice car.

Cheers.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mr Grump said:

Thanks for posting :)

I didn't get an invite to BSE despite being were I bought my current car from, for some reason mine was Cambridge next week.

Hard to tell from pics, but doesn't look like its that much wider in the rear seats than the Octy ?

Looks like there is reasonable "boot" left when the rear most seats are up, I don't suppose you have pics with rear seats up ?

Sorry Mr Grump. Didn't take a photo with the rear seats up but as with most 7 seaters, there isn't much room afterwards! 

Cheers

49 minutes ago, Desseardo said:

Hi AandOsDad,

the car seat on the right is a isofix seat. Slotted straight into the ports. Very firm fit. The only criticism I could find with the car is the high windows in the back. My kids would struggle to see out of the side! Otherwise a very nice car.

Cheers.

Cheers for getting back to me ;) I'm off to see one in the flesh!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Desseardo said:

Hi AandOsDad,

Cheers.

Same problem with kids and windows on my wife's Captur, too.

• Like 1