Water in drivers footwell

Hi all, I've got a 2008 RS wagon. I've owned it for three months without any major dramas. The car was parked on the drive overnight in the rain (heaviest on record for those playing in Western Australia) and when i came out this morning the drivers foot well was full of water.

Its been out in the rain before and I've never noticed a problem, as i drove off i could feel water dripping onto my shins from the lower dash area?

The only water ingress I've noticed before was a small drip from the sunroof after going through a car wash, front drivers side corner.

Any help or pointers greatly appreciated, I've tried the search function but not getting much joy. In fairness I'm using a work computer and it blocks a lot of stuff/functions.

Crozzer.

Wasn't an Octavia but when the same thing happened on my old Focus it was a problem with the scuttle panel at the base of the screen

When they serviced it they broke a plastic clip that help it flush against the glass and it was then sitting proud, allowing water to flow in, gather in the pollen filter and then drip through the vents into the passenger footwell

Not sure if the Octavia would also do this...

No specific experience but per previous poster, to me, it sounds like a scuttle drainage or sealing or perhaps firewall sealing problem.  The first being more likely but sometimes water can track down wiring or pipework through a grommet or entry point in the firewall if not well sealed and the the cabling or pipework not well laid out.

Probably worth checking the pollen filter as well but that would be on the other side of the car.  What can sometimes confuse things is depending on the angle of the car parking and the plastic under dash area, the entry point for the water "could" be some distance away from where you see the problem dripping on your leg!

Edited by TheClient

Please check my thread, this might be exactly why you've got water in your footwell now!! I'd put my money being on the drainage tubes, give them a squeeze, see if you get an outpoor of water, please reply if you do.

Edited by blackspaven

• 7 months later...
On 10/02/2017 at 19:33, blackspaven said:

Please check my thread, this might be exactly why you've got water in your footwell now!! I'd put my money being on the drainage tubes, give them a squeeze, see if you get an outpoor of water, please reply if you do.

Hi mate, sorry for the late reply but this is exactly what it was. The vent end of the drain tube was completely gummed up!!!! I cleaned the tube out and no more water in the car, was a complete pain to dry the carpet out in the drivers foot well. Thanks for the help.

Crozzer.