Mii 60k service - Vibrations?

Wavetech

Hi, I have a 2014 mii since it's out of warranty I decided to service it myself. Except for the oil filter being extremely hard to remove it was a breeze. 

The same day the car was fine didn't really feel any difference. 
Yesterday a day after the service I started to feel vibration when passing the 3500 rpm to 4000. I could really feel them in the gas pedal. 

I changed: oil (liqui moly 502 certified),oil filter (MAN the only one there was),  spark plugs NGK, air filter. 
I could update with exact models if needed. 

So anyone have an idea what's going on? The only thing I wasn't sure about was how hard to tighten the plugs. By what I understood you tighten by hand and the add one turn?
Could that be the cause? 

Any information would be helpful. 
Thanks. 

Figured it out! 

Just took another look at the car and I saw that the air filter housing wasn't connected well to the intake. I guess I didn't attach it well. 

Happy it wasn't anything serious! 

Thank anyway! 

• Like 1

I have never found the need to use a torque wrench for refitting spark plugs, although you do need to exercise caution with an alloy cylinder head.

The plug will have a crush washer. Tighten the plug by hand until it starts to nip the crush washer, then a quarter turn for a new plug or an eighth of a turn for a used plug with a ratchet bar or T bar should be enough to seat the plug securely.

Edited by ronime