Karl's Octavia vRS upgrade.

KarlvRS1991

Hi all! I've been on the forum a while now, mainly in the detailing section. Recently upgraded my pride & joy, a Fabia vRS in rallye green to a race blue Octavia. It's quite possibly then best move I've ever made in the car world so far, being only 25 it's quite nice to have a car of the Octy's calibre too! 

Spec - 

63 Octavia vRS 2.0 TSI 

DSG gearbox 

Race blue

Part leather/cloth interior

Sat navigation 

Climate control 

Cruise control 

Bi Xenon headlights 

& all the usual factory gear.. most of which is above. 

Plans - some far in the future.

Full 2/3 stage correction detail to do by myself with coatings. 

Roof wrap, mirrors & window tints. 

Possible remap. 

Exhaust upgrade. 

My main concern is the paint work as it has been through some unsightly car washes & been machined by a fool with a rotary with no refinement.... 

Only picture I have so far of the car is below. 

An awesome upgrade and loving it so far! 

PhotoGrid_1486668762772.png

• Like 3

Very nice Karl Ill keep an eye out, you caught me off guard last week in your van! Recomend a Revo map on yours , ( so pleased you bought a petrol) and as for a roof wrap here I know Lee personally they are great http://www.leewhite.co.uk/ 

I had a black magic wrap on mine and A pillars and grille , sorry one is blurred DSC00146.jpg DSC00176.jpg

DSC00224.jpgDSC00249.jpg2012-03-19131244.jpg2012-04-12134149.jpg2012-08-04114204.jpg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, blueR36 said:

Very nice Karl Ill keep an eye out, you caught me off guard last week in your van! Recomend a Revo map on yours , ( so pleased you bought a petrol) and as for a roof wrap here I know Lee personally they are great http://www.leewhite.co.uk/ 

I had a black magic wrap on mine and A pillars and grille , sorry one is blurred DSC00146.jpg DSC00176.jpg

DSC00224.jpgDSC00249.jpg2012-03-19131244.jpg2012-04-12134149.jpg2012-08-04114204.jpg

Cheers Alan, I was considering diesel for business but decided I wasn't old enough for a coal burner just yet! 

I thought as much hahaah.  I always forget I'm in the van when waving at people! 

• Like 1

Managed to spend some time on the vRS today! Adding some pin striping to the front grill which I had on my Fabia and really liked. 

The main aim and priority was to get the paint prepared for protection, as it basically had none when we purchased. 

It needs full paint correction but this will be done in due course

Citrus prewash applied to lower half, wheels & arches before rinsing at pressure. Wheels including barrels deep cleaned with various brushes. 

Snow prewash applied & all gaps, crevices & door shuts APC cleaned with small detailing brush. 

Two bucket method safe wash with luxury shampoo and various wash pads prepping the paint for a 3-stage decontamination. 

Two part chemical decontamination with tar remover & fallout remover before re washing & claying the vRS. Re-washed & safely dried. 

Auto Perfection Trio on Handi-Puck used to cleanse the paint, in readiness for protection. 

Autoperfekt N1 Coat applied and topped with Autoperfekt N1 Finisher - both great samples from the Xmas Advent calendar selection!

Exhausts polished with Autosol; but some further refining required with Britemax Metal Twins.

Glass polished then protected with Gtechniq G5.

Trims, arches & tyres with Carpro PERL. 

Doors shuts, exhausts & wheels with Sonax BSD. 

Custom vRS instripes added to the front grill; which we do to all out vRS favourites.

Interior glass which was very heavily soiled, easily dealt with using Dooka Glass.

An awesome turn around but loads more to do.... Basically just getting started, and loving it!!!

With thanks to Stephen who was on hand to help out aswell, cheers mate! 

20170214_151232.jpg

20170214_151450.jpg

Edited by KarlvRS1991
Spell correction
  • Like 4

Looks great after the detail! Lovely motor! Your plans look good too, I quite fancy a remap and exhaust once warranty is up. The stock one is far too quiet, would like some subtle DSG farts on upshifts! 

• Like 1

On Sat Feb 18 2017 at 11:05, ahenners said:

Looks great after the detail! Lovely motor! Your plans look good too, I quite fancy a remap and exhaust once warranty is up. The stock one is far too quiet, would like some subtle DSG farts on upshifts! 

I agree. My Fabia sounded awesome with just a mid section delete. The Octavia is way to quiet for a "performance car"! 

• Like 1

Managed to get round to my buddy Stephen for a full LED upgrade to the vRS.  Cheers for your help mate! 

All interior bulbs & rear number plate bulbs. The no.plate just requires coding in now so will do that a later date. 

They look so much better than the standard yellow look lights! 

PhotoGrid_1487666949158.png

Edited by KarlvRS1991
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, KarlvRS1991 said:

Managed to get round to my buddy Stephen for a full LED upgrade to the vRS.  Cheers for your help mate! 

All interior bulbs & rear number plate bulbs. The no.plate just requires coding in now so will do that a later date. 

They look so much better than the standard yellow look lights! 

PhotoGrid_1487666949158.png

Nice one Karl - quite and easy install and such an improvement.

Enjoy!!!!

Edited by samuir1974
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...