Michelin CrossClimates?

fabiamk2SE

Went properly off road today with the Cross Climates - mud, snow, ice and a fair bit of standing water, but nothing deeper than the Yeti's sills and no surprises. Parked up with a bunch of Range Rovers at Avoriaz (1800m altitude) and didn't look too much out of place.....

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

So, with winter fast approaching & my current tyres at a level where I need to change pretty soon, I have ordered a set of Crossclimates.

Getting them fitted next week.

Shopped around for the online prices & found that tyresavings.com were the best price.

for 4x 225/40 R18 92Y it was £486 fitted.

I'll let you know how I get on with them over the winter months.

Edited by Jon TDI
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I drove a Nissan Qashqai for a day that had Michelin Crossclimates fitted all round. Although the steering in the Qashqai is vague & overassisted, I think the CCs did a very good job in minimising tramlining from my bad local roads. Also they seem to have a good weight to them as the steering was direct & no play or weirdness that I could tell. This was in dry weather, but I have driven with new tyres in the same conditions + on the same roads which have been rubbish. So imo the CCs get a thumbs up from me. 

• Like 1

So, I got my CC’s fitted on Tuesday.

First thing I noticed over the last few days is the grip when braking is vastly improved. Mind you my previous tyres(Continentals) only had around 2mm of tread left.

Still early days yet to give a proper review.

6 minutes ago, Jon TDI said:

So, I got my CC’s fitted on Tuesday.

First thing I noticed over the last few days is the grip when braking is vastly improved. Mind you my previous tyres(Continentals) only had around 2mm of tread left.

Still early days yet to give a proper review.

Fellow G'boro resident  - I'll be keeping an eye out for you :biggrin:

• Thanks 1