Motorcycle Detailing

Chubbs

2 hours ago, Pessimal said:

bit of advice for some detailing/cleaning.

the black plastics around the dash on my bike are looking really bad at the mo, with some going white.

is the heat gun and boiled linseed oil the best way to bring them back up, or is back to black the better way.

cheers

I use meguirs tyre gel it lasts ages too! 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 28/04/2017 at 12:30, fluffmeister said:

It works :) R Nine T post Mr Muscle

8232A72C-BF9E-4D79-B8E1-F6FD7DFC4A9F-4970-0000059BEDC269F4.jpeg

Great looking results!! So more to remove discolouration as opposed to corrosion.....

• 1 month later...

So here we have our latest challenge, a 23 year old Harley Davidson Softail imported from the States then put into storage for the last 10 years, yet still having less than 600 miles on the clock!

Needless to say, the bike was in less than perfect condition but several hours later and she came up a treat!

IMG_2873.JPG

4C0F0797-FE3B-41DB-9D50-AD3F228102B5.jpg

A28BE663-071B-4CA4-BBE2-F2344400597B.jpg

36FDAE8C-5B30-4930-A17A-B9CF7B57FA6A.jpg

• Like 4

Never actually seen another dirty HD again, Prykey being the other,  as the owners spend too much polishing rather than riding the bike. Saying that it's cracking job you've done. 

• Like 2

Thats a great job there Chubbs, it never ceases to amaze me that people buy these things and don't use them, mine is on 7k miles now (March 2016) and it does get really dirty the last time being an 1800 mile round trip to St Tropez :)

Off to Germany tomorrow to put some miles on the Triumph :)

Edited by Prykey
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, CWARD said:

Never actually seen another dirty HD again, Prykey being the other,  as the owners spend too much polishing rather than riding the bike. Saying that it's cracking job you've done. 

Thanks! A few drops of blood spilt, plenty of sweat lost this weather but fortunately no tears!!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Prykey said:

Thats a great job there Chubbs, it never ceases to amaze me that people buy these things and don't use them, mine is on 7k miles now (March 2016) and it does get really dirty the last time being an 1800 mile round trip to St Tropez :)

Off to Germany tomorrow to put some miles on the Triumph :)

Thanks pal! I can see both sides....why have it then not ride it but ride it too much and they're a bugger to keep looking good! Life's too short......twist that throttle!

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, CWARD said:

I past your details onto my uncle and cousin today. Both HD owners, one being a trike. Hopefully they'll be in touch

That's very kind of you! Much appreciated. Safe riding!